Fareham Borough Council

Fareham Borough Council Reviews: Working at Fareham Borough Council

United Kingdom18 reviews

Fantastic place to work, can't conplain.

Loved it since day one. It's a good job, good hours, love the lads we work with, kinda makes the job what it is. Obviously you get your good and bad days but over all as long as you have a positive attitude you get out what you put in.

Friendly and informal environment working with challenging customers

A public sector organisation that is striving to put customers at the heart of their business. Dealing with some of the most vulnerable members of the community to resolve sensitive issues with limited resources.

Insights into Fareham Borough Council

• Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Its a council

Working for local government has its advantages in that there are lots of different departments offering opportunities. The downside is that being a council there is a lot of red tape, they don't like change and things move very slowly

great place to work

a great and friendly team to work for easy to get on with worked at a good pace uniform supplied good mangerment and office staff no problem is too small

Delivery driver

The people I used to work with down in a stores department and the Works unit were fantastic always used to have a good laugh and joke with people, but we always used to get all of our work done the main problem working for Fbc are the people up at the civic Offices they are continuously on your back and make life hard for you

Horrible

Hated working for them,run by people that don't know what they're doing and love to spy on you.No in house improvement for lower tier staff,they just bring in people that know nothing about the job at hand.

Pros

Cons

management

Good Team

My position is a hugely enjoyable one that I take great pride in. I'm supported by a fine team of colleagues and enjoy working with the public on a constant basis.

Stellar workplace

amazing place to work, great atmosphere, great people who enjoy their time working, but who also get the work done and to a great standard. floor 7 is especially great :)

interesting work place

This job was just a week experience for my college course, it was interesting because was nothing like what i had done before, i learned how different an office job is compared to the restaurant industry that i am currently in.

Ok

Ok place to work- pays well Good benefits however not much staff and just kind of get on with it. overall I would say its good but as any government job it is what it is

keeps you fit meets new people

This job was the best job i ever had ,i enjoyed every day i worked for fareham borough council,there was such a great vibe within the yard ...i had many laughs and achieved so much.

Rewarding job role

I enjoyed making sure that children were able to cross the road safely too and from school. I got to know children and parents so if a child was ever missing or late I could say if I had seen them or not. very rewarding to know that parents are able to let their children go to and from school alone knowing that they are able to safely cross a busy main road.

Productive, friendly environment.

Whilst working at Fareham Borough Council, I was given the opportunity to work with a varied work force, from Managers, Elected Members, Refuse Collectors. I had to change my management style to suite each audience and present information appropriately. I matured a great deal while working in this role as I was given a lot of responsibility. I enjoyed the role and even the early starts.

Pros

Flexible working.

Cons

Long commute to and From work.

Friendly Comfortable workplace

Each member of staff is friendly and helpful and there was always someone on hand if you needed anything. The whole work day seemed to go fast because the environment was comfortable.

Roles: reception, data entry, filing, mail, payments, queries, typing, photocopying. Office support, printing, invoices,

Parking Patrol Officer

It is often supposed that parking attendants are a serious minded and unpopular group of workers but far from it the team I worked with in Fareham where fun and friendly. On a day to day basis I would patrol the car parks and streets of Fareham checking for contravention's. I would also check equipment and facilities reporting problems for remedial work while carrying out routine maintenance or repair. One of the last things we would do at the end of the working day is collect money from various machines and deliver it for safe storage. Although decisions for deployment would be decided by line managers there was a great deal of autonomy once on patrol. Management of the car parks included monitoring CCTV and operating machines remotely I was also offered the opportunity to successfully partake in a diploma for parking attendants. Even the weather failed to dent my enjoyment or getting out and about but on rare occasions members of the public could become decidedly unpleasant. Apart from learning the general application of my duties I was able to learn conflict resolution.

Pros

Plenty of physical exercise and fresh air

Cons

The negative image of the job

Only temping Some staff helpful

I was only on 2 months temping & found some staff very helpful whilst others including my line Manager either unhelpful or very task orientated& driven therefore unwilling to assist. Glad to leave & finished earlier than required as I found this role BOTH DEMANDING & QUITE RELENTLESS.

Pros

Both Co workers wetre helpful tho. the mopre mature one was more empathethtic & less judgmental.

Cons

Just the Job Type & pushiness of Line Manager.

Working with the public staying in touch with life.

Planning and delivering fun filled outdoor play sessions for FREE. Children and young people in areas with little or no play equipment. This took place through out the year all over the Fareham district and in all weathers.

Pros

free training

Cons

contracted employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fareham Borough Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Fareham Borough Council with

Fareham Borough Council reviews by location

Learn about Fareham Borough Council in popular locations

• Fareham Borough Council
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?