Farmfoods Ltd

Farmfoods Ltd Employee Reviews

Very poor manegement nothing but the drivers the most important piece of the business.Nothing more to Addi hope it will some improvement will be done soon
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Worked here a few years ago they were ok to work for an experience chope overall good company to work for some days where harder than others but good exercise
Pros
canteen life assurance decent pension group
Cons
rota changes through the week from early starts to late mornings
I had to leave due to personal circumstances but I loved my supervisor job and I'd still be working there if I could.Farmfoods operate a minimum staff policy to keep costs down. This means the assistants spend most of their time on checkouts while management do most of the graft.There's always something to do and your shifts go in quickly. The staff are always friendly and helpful.Unlike at other retailers I've worked for, the customers were great too. Never any major issues and easy to crack a joke with.One perk of the job that surprised me was the sheer value for money that Farmfoods have - and you get 15% staff discount on top of that!As I understand it, Farmfoods don't do big fancy refits only small inexpensive cosmetic ones. This as well as the dated decor and sparse nature of the properties, you feel like your stepping 30 years into the past when you walk into head office and some of the the stores.
Pros
Free meals at head office when you go for training.
Cons
Only store in the country to close at ten.
I was employed by farm foods, they knew that I was student and had college commitments to keep and that I couldn’t drive so reliant on being picked up from work often late at night, or dropped off very early. I was no longer required after my probation period as apparently I don’t see my future with farm foods , eeeer no I thought I had made that obvious when interviewing that eventually I would be leaving for university. I felt I worked hard there I enjoyed the job and liked my colleagues, apart from one manager who was awful and made me feel stressed to put on a late shift with her. I think I was let go because I was just about to put in a complaint about said awful manager, they could see it would cause a problem for them, so I had to go. Such as shame as otherwise I liked working there and I know I was a good member of staff , it was fun and I enjoy being in an environment working with the general management. Advice....apply with caution especially if your a student and cannot give them your life blood.
Pros
Lots of shift patterns
Cons
No chairs at tills, standing for long hours shifting heavy freezers.
Senior management from area manager upwards SPINELESStoxic culturePerformance management zero support to performance manage people Senior management don’t care
Pros
Cons
Senior management
endless stock takes because of all the shop thefts they have daily sometimes multiple and gangs, they don’t stop and do nothing to prevent and then blame staff for the stock being down Expect the world and give no praise or thanks for going over and above your role No Christmas decorations, no Christmas spirit Oh and sick pay is 0
Pros
15% discount
Farmfoods are old fashioned, no EPOS NO JIT STOCK TAKES MANUAL every 3rd Saturday night shrinkage/theft crazy. TBH if your male then you wont fit in. Management feel threatened by anyone that has experience tbh the stores are basic no heating rather shoddy tired not dirty but tired. Little or no feed back from management when you see them. Just found them to be lacking there competitor's are streets a head
Pros
didnt find any
Cons
not what was promised
I worked in farmfoods for 11 years before got made redundant, I loved working for the company very fast paced company but great to work for great place to get yourself up the ladder
Pros
Stepping up the ladder
Cons
Working at Farmfoods is very enjoyable and very fast-paced, especially during delivery days, you are expected to do a lot of things during your shift such as working the delivery, serve at tills, date rotates and look out/stop shop lifters. If you are closing up the store you would be taking a couple of freezer off on defrost and cleaning the floor before banking. If you are opening you would putting the freezer back on and rotating these.Every 3-4 weeks you MUST complete a stock take which normally lasts from 7.00pm - 10.30pm on Saturday.My suggestion is that if you are applying for a position within Farmfoods and you can only do the contracted hours (normally 16) do not apply as all retail staff will receive overtime and this will vary if all staff are available you would receive around 18-24 hours a week. If a staff member is on holiday that may increase up to 30 hours per week.The negative side:There can be no work-life balance within the organisation, especially if you are on the closing shift as sometimes you can be in from 1pm - 8.30pm.If you are unwell you are best just sucking it up an come in as, no fault to management, most of the retail assistants are jobs worths and refuse to come in to do cover or they just don’t answer their phone. A retail assistant also seems to have a little more freedom to do what they want than others as they tend to finish early (i.e leaving 30 minutes before shift finishes) a lot. Sometimes just leaves when a member of staff coming into the shop (a little early than normal to get things ready or have a chance to breathe) - more...
Pros
Fun Environment, Easy to get along with management, Good staff benefits from discounts to Christmas Bonuses
Cons
Long Hours, Jobs Worth Staff
It’s a good company to work for if you need a part time job and extra pennies but sometimes people get overly stressed out at you but you get shown what to do and how to do things. Things need to be done at a fast pace but it’s manageable. Breaks are usually in the middle of your shift but management are good at sorting that out. Overall like where I work but sometimes it’s hard.
Pros
Management and discount
Started as dep mgr after previously employed as store mgr of major discount retailler but found training non existent, mgr & supervisors all worked differently to how they wanted and not per store protocol. Lower turnover stores had fewer personnel hours to work with but still expected to complete all tasks when working 1 on 1 in whole store for 4+ hours daily! Mgrs ate while working if had the chance to! Promoted to mgr and increased T/O by 15k in 1st week recieved NO praise just expected more!
Pros
Cons
Long hours 4wkly stock take stay till finish
If your young and have a family i advise you to avoid this place like the plague. You'll be working most weekends and all bank holidays. Hence why most the drivers who work here in there 50's.
Pros
Electric pump truck, good pay, free canteen.
Cons
Management bullying culture, work weekends and bank holidays, early starts, old trucks.
after a period of time working for farm foods it seems that no one really cares about anything, management cant manage, supervisors cant supervise and constantly lie to there staff and the shops they serve. Shop is king and nothing else matters which leads to poor planning, long long days and tired ratty staff. Health and safety is non and dangerous most of the time. If your looking for some bad experience and something to add to your CV then give it a go, otherwise avoid.
Pros
Free canteen
Cons
to many con's to write about
Compared to previous retail jobs this was a considerable improvement in job satisfaction and the consistent helpful support received from fellow retail assistants, supervisors, assistant manager and the manager.I was made to feel very welcome and like part of the Farmfoods team from the first day of my shift and that inclusive and upbeat culture from the team was present from then until my final shift a year later. The training I received from my manager was informative, presented in a manner that was easy to understand and allowed me to pick up the tasks required of me as a retail assistant to a proficient standard very early on.The work is physically demanding, however one of the key factors of working in the retail sector is learning to successfully adapt and to a fast paced, hard working environment. If you are content standing around doing the bare minimum then this is it not the job for you. If you're passionate about taking pride in your work, thrive in an environment where you can nurture positive professional relationships with transforming one off customers i to loyal returning regulars and enjoy putting in hard work and going home content knowing you're a valued member of a brilliant team then this is the job for you.Overall experience: with Farmfoods: 9/10 - would recommend working there to anyine seeking a role in the retail sectorOverall experience with the Farmfoods Invergordon branch: 10/10. Have worked several jobs before and this is the first one I would wake up in the morning looking forward to going to work and leaving with a smile on my face. Thank - more...
Pros
Team were all wonderfully friendly diligent workers, manager was excellent at training me up, encouraged and mentored me to work hard to my full potential in my position in the shop, staff discount on farmfoods items, enjoyed the physically demanding nature of role, feeling valued as an employee from receiving regular praise for getting stuck in with hard work
Cons
Regular stocktakes were highly unnecessary, there also needs to be 3 people on when working a delivery, even a hardworking enthusiastic & determined team cannot do a 3-4 person workload, an extra employee on shift for even 2 hours of a delivery, would ensure a positive outcome for Farmfoods branches, Aside from the downsides I would still rate my time at Farmfoods as 9/10, and Farmfoods Invergordon branch as a 10/10
I felt targeted by management they were picking on me telling me im doing things wrong but never saying exactly what it was so I could change i wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company they are not as friendly as the seem
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Awful management, rude managers and racist managers
As management you are expected to go above and beyond for little money, you are not paid even close to what you would get working in a similar setting. You frequently work over your contract and very rarely get paid overtime without jumping through many hoops, instead incouraged to take your time back the following week which is nigh on impossible. Will run with as little staff as higher management deem necessary to (save the company money). The people at the top don’t care about the people in stores, higher management won’t even learn names of people below management level. So avoid unless being paid by the hour and even then avoid if you don’t want to be overworked and very underpaid.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
No overtime, constant stocktakes, poor work/life balance, lack of concern from higher management.
A good company to work for, although that pay and benefits are not that good. A friendly team of people, good for students to work for. Overall a good company to work for
Started for a week and got finished the following week expected to work shifts so stupid i did a 10 hour and spent 9 hours on till staff will dodge and throw you under the bus NO WORK IS GOOD ENOUGH
Pros
Leaving work
Cons
Manager was unhelpful and did not give proper instructions on what was needed. there was a work for yourself atatude no one wanted to help you. Was given impossible task to do then had to stop and till you had done them with out pay. Not a nice place to work keep a way.
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
No help when start
Unfortunately any role within this company would be hard to achieve as role is solely driven by extremely demanding K.P.I and targets.Management are not helpful in respect of issues that are creating difficulties within the company!! Probably because there ignorance is possibly the cause. Not a place that will be remembered in my workplace history.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad (terrible management) throughout.
Awful place too work,management do not listen and treat you worse than a rat. Hours and shifts all over the place,changing almost daily, despite being told that the rota will not change, it changes almost daily. As a truck driver, it's by far the worst company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Free food in canteen
Cons
Long hours, no respect, awful loading, difficult places to deliver to
  1. Employee reviews