Farmfoods Ltd
Happiness score is 40 out of 100

Farmfoods Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom924 reviews

rotastocktillstocktakedefrostdiscountfreezershop

Hard work, got to be fast, under paid and not valued.

You’re having to make sure that things are out and your cleaning as you go. If you’re on the tills you need to watch basically everything. If you’re caught talking to a Co-worker then your instantly told off and reminded that you’re not allowed to work in the same part of the shop as someone else. When it comes to stocktake you’re never out at the time you’re meant to be, most of the time you’re finished at 1:30/2 in the morning, sometimes even 2:30 and you’ve still got to turn up for your 7:00 shift that same morning. You get spoken about behind your back. If you refuse to do a little bit of overtime because you’re busy or got an appointment on that day you’re questioned on why you can’t do it and there is tension for the rest of the shift and you get all the horrible jobs. When you leave the company and you’ve got holiday days still reminding you don’t get paid them in your final wage. When a co-worker leaves it takes weeks or months for the manager or area manager to actually find someone new so you’re taking on more hours and more work and don’t even get any appreciation for it. They care more about their favourites than the rest of the staff and if you call in sick you will get spoken about behind your back and when you do return to work you will get a telling off by whoever is in charge and basically get told it’s unacceptable.

Horrible

This is the worst place i have ever worked long hours,poor pay management they get the best shift they dont do lates there never in on a weekend all they care about is there stupid bonus

Insights into Farmfoods Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

Worst place ever

If you want a job where you are under paid and under appropriate this is for you. When I finally left this place my over mood changed I now realised farmfoods caused my anxiety and stress something I should never have felt as a sales assistant. The managers just sit out the back and moan and talk about other staff members, you are made to feel that you have left people down if your off with illness or you are in hospital. Horrible place to work area managers are waste of space and seeing how stock is handled and dates changed so they don't lose money sickens me

Overworked & underpaid

Farmfoods is not a company that cares about you as a person. You work your butt off and gain no reward. You’re expected to multitask running round the store meanwhile management stand in a clique doing the bare minimum. There’s no trust. Everyone business is shared and unless you’re in the clique you’re sacked off on tills and gossiped about. You’re often promised things like a more hours or a promotion then it never comes. Only certain people have to work both weekend days meanwhile others get both off. It’s a very unfair two faced toxic environment. No matter how good you are or how hard you work you’re replaceable and not valued. Whether it’s store managers, assistant or area. They look out for themselves NOT their employees.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Working double your hours, but never contracted. No trust. Lack of appreciation.

Great place

Great place for school leavers looking for a job, can be fast based when the delivery comes in, worst part was checking dates on frozen but all part of the job

Must be the worst retailer to work for..

They think that they own you.. Absolutely no work /life balance..If you don't have a life then this is where you should want to work.. Bullying culture from all management

Pros

It's better than the dole.. Not much better

Cons

Everything you could ever imagine

Worst company I've worked for

I quit after 4 days. Poor management and a pack mentality with fellow staff. No proper training, expected to be up to speed on all areas after a couple of days. Anytime I needed help staff pulled a face and belittled me in front of customers. Worked in retail a long time so I know what I'm doing but I won't stand to be treated like that.

Long hours and rubbish pay

Managers don’t care about the student employees - despite the fact that they practically run the store. Managers don’t take into account that employees (especially students) have other commitments and can’t work 40 hours a week while studying full time or having other priorities. The pay is not worth stacking and moving food items for 6+ hours. Managers show favouritism in the workplace and preach about professionalism but do not maintain it themselves.

Clueless on Mental Health

Don’t dare be ill. You’re not allowed, and if you are you’ll be forced back before you’re ready. Work your backside off for nothing with area managers who get away with murder whilst managers and staff get shat all over.

Don’t work here

No support off management or higher management, don’t have a life working here. Holidays are always changed and always called Into work on days off, never enough staff and frowned upon when not agreeing to come into work to cover. Don’t work here.

Avoid

Hours and shifts are ridiculous. 2 staff members on at anytime and then were expected to work delivery, clean, serve and watch for shoplifters at the same time. I'd rather be unemployed than work for a Company that does not care for its staff.

Alright place to work

It was an ok place to work as an student and I didn't have to deal with any drama between staff. Had some decent hours until upper management started cutting it down.

Never again.

I left Farmfoods about 6 years ago. It was a horrible place to work and I'd never work there again. Staff are overworked with no well-being. Thank god I left!

Pros

Job security

Cons

Unpaid work

Long hours and quite repetitive

Long hours and often 6/7 days a week, always opportunities for overtime. A repetitive job as the same tasks need to be done every day, but a good team makes its a fun experience. Also everyone must complete stock takes which we're on a Saturday evening, every 4 weeks!

Stressful

To much stress especially for young workers. Not worth the pay with the amount of hassle you get from upper management and shop lifters that hit members of staff and nothing put in place to protect staff.

Belittling and embarrassing company to work for

I felt sick coming into work here. Lack of training and expected to get on with the work. No security and abusive and potentially dangerous shoplifters constantly. Manual stock take, chore to put in holidays, staff talking behind each others backs like children, no breaks and left on till for all of shift. A lot more to the job than just ‘Retail Assistant’ - cleaner, cashier, customer service assistant etc. Problems brought up with shop manager labelled as ‘extreme’. Only good thing was most staff in store are friendly, some lazy and rude. Don’t work here unless you want to cripple your mental health.

Pros

15% Discount and some staff members

Cons

Long hours, bad management, no breaks

Productive and fun workplace

The managers are extremely helpful & know how to get the job done. Working there I found a new version of myself through times I found challenging. It's rewarding

Worst place to work

They dont give care about you they expect you to put work before your own family. they expect you to stay over after your finish time to help them out but dont pay you for extra time. Not a supportive company with people with mental health issues they just pretend to care and support you but will find any excuses to let you go but really its down to having mental health. your just a number in the place working for minimum wage.

If you hurt yourself

They don't give 2 hoots. They'll want you back to work. When you're Physically nit able to do the job. 3 days after an Accident at work. Through lack of training. I was hassled to get back to solo driving.

The Absolute Worst.

I've been working for Farmfoods for just over a year and I have say it's by far one of the worst places I've ever worked. My branch is in a very diverse area so I get people from all over the world essentially. I try my best to understand what they want but no matter how hard I try, I can't understand what some of these people want. The most annoying thing that some of these customers do is ask for a bag after they have paid like they've some how forgotten to ask for one. Or not reading the deals on specific products properly. Overall the job is grimm. There is only two people on the evening shifts which doesn't help at all with customers always thinking that I'm in the shop by myself when the supervisor is upstairs. Do yourself a favour and look for something else. Trust me, you don't want to end up here.

Good staff bad higher management

i worked in the possil farmfoods its a rough area shop lifters were bad and that, but its a not bad shop good staff but terrible higher management honestly constant moaning about every little thing and expect u to do mad amount of thing on ur own and a time a the littlest time

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmfoods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Farmfoods Ltd with

• Farmfoods Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?