Farnworth Care Home

Farnworth Care Home Employee Reviews

Hard work and fast paced

A typical day is looking after all residents daily needs such as personal care, dressing, meal times etc. Co-workers are very supportive and the job is never boring.

Awful

Most unprofessional Care Home in Bolton! Nurse on the floor I worked on was a bully, had no people skills, no respect for other and gave nurses a bad name! Management don’t have a clue what is going on with residents just walking out as they please. One shift we didn’t have enough pads to change resident which is a disagree and is a right for each resident to be changed if required.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Mangement, Nurses, Wage, Health And Safety

Worst Care Home Ever!

If like caring then go for it but it’s absolutely hard graft! Didn’t enjoy one minute of it. Many nights I worked with just me and another carer plus a nurse to care for 30 + palliative residents! No sort of incentive from superiors or anything. Abuse off of other staff talking about the way you work etc especially if your new. Please don’t work here if you care about your mental health and anxiety!

Pros

Some residents were friendly

Cons

Coworkers, managers, nurses etc are all snakes!

Awareness

Minimal training given to start, and no further training given. Management unapproachable and unprofessional. Expectations can be quite often impossible. Work ethics are poor.

productive caring work environment

Come onto shift to 19:45 and attend handover for 15 minutes. After handover prepare suppers and drinks for all residens and assist with feeding. Start putting residents to bed round 21:30/22:00 hours. Check all resdients who are already in bed and change pads and give pressure relief. Start cleaing after all care is done. 00:00 start full round of changing all residents pads and pressure relief. Once roud is finished, typicaly between 01:30 and 02:00am, dispose of all rubbish and then come back on to the unit the unit to do residents daily report files.03:00 do a breathing check and pressure relief on all residents. 05:00 start a full round of the unit again, changing pads and pressure relief and the start washing residents and giving breakfast. I learned everything from Farnworth care home, I work on a palliative are unit so i have advanced training in care and end of life care. The management is approachable and proffessional and I personally find them easy to approach. The hardest part of the job is seeing soemones illness finally taking over and witness them becoming weaker however it's amazing to see a smile on their faces and to be thanked by residents and families.

Good to work for

FCH is a great team I enjoy my job and work day and all the people I work with, I have learnt so much about the elderly. The hardest part is losing a resident but you deal with it every day.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

poor pay rates

Client oriented company

Everyday was such an extraordinary experience. Although there's a standard routine at work, I was always ready for any challenges and changes as my clients may have various changes in their needs and demands. In terms of learning, I've financed my own studies and successfully finished NVQ 3 and 4. Continuous training and skills assessment evaluation were given by the company for free and very helpful with upgrading staff's competency. I believe working while learning has given me a strong confidence when delivering services to clients. I can say that I have grown professionally. The management has been supportive all the way and conducts meetings from time to time. Team work and camaraderie, these were what I built with my colleagues. I can freely support them as a Senior and respect me, even if I was a foreign staff. We always follow professionalism with a bit of fun at work.I can lead my team and always appreciate a work well done after finishing shifts. The hard part of job I think when I have had experienced short staffs for I am concerned of time frame, schedule to meet needs of my clients, yet I'm used to multi- tasking, so It was not really a problem. I think the tough part of the job is when I see my clients go due to old age, when you already cared for them so much, and the only thing you can do is to maintain their dignity until its time. It breaks my heart. The most enjoyable part of my job is that, when I am interacting with my clients, they can be very moody but most of the time very nice and sweet. Knowing them well and gaining their trust -

Pros

Work environment is conducive for working and learning.

Cons

They are not sponsoring work visa for foreign workers anymore.

Jobs at Farnworth Care Home