Fast Despatch Logistics

United Kingdom1,041 reviews

Found 1,041 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,061 reviews
despatchlogisticscourierrecommenddrivervanhighlyfast

Delivery driver

It is a good place to work, payments are always on time. You know your work. There are a lot of rules, about performance, safety, and etc. but as soon you get with them, everything is fine after.

I dont like

managers are ridiculous and the company doesn't pay you all the money. when you finish the route and you are 100 miles away from the depot, you are not paid for those miles

Pros

Cons

Long hours on the road

Insights into Fast Despatch Logistics

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Physically demanding

Too much load to complete withing the hours allocated unless you run from door to door which is extremally physically demanding. When I stopped to eat a sandwich at lunch time they called my mobile to ask why my van was not moving and told me to eat while i drive.

Bad services

People at work are friendly, also managers tries to help you. But the company does big business with the vans. Over charge you if any damage founded. Fake damages just to charge you. If you plan holidays (which are unpaid obviously as self employed), forget about your last month money that you are aspecting. Maybe you will get paid few weeks after you came back to work. Basically you will keep working for free for long time until they don’t decide to start to pay you. The office service is very very slow!

Delivery driver

Fast paced and can be stressful at times, rarely have time to take breaks but overall good place to work if you like hard work and getting home late .

Avoid at all costs terrible company to work for.

Terrible company to work for, unsociable hours and Unrealistic targets. when you leave the company they keep your wages and charge you for damage to a van that was in no way damaged.Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Get another job

Cons

Unrealistic targets, Long hours, unsociable hours, bad management, underpaid

Very stressful and unstable job

work for them for 7 monthsduring the lockdown it was fine then it was that every month that passed the packages that had to be distributed doubled they forced me to move to a larger van in which they gave me up to 450 packages to distribute in a day in 9 hours and when and at They were already sending me drivers of small vans for 6 hours to take packages from which they deducted £1 for each package they took from me. As a result, they gave me a larger van for which I paid £50 more per week, per day only. They paid me £20 more but they gave me double the number of packages to deliver, so they sent other delivery men with small vans to take 30 or 40 packages from me, and that's when they gave you jobs because there were weeks when I worked 3 days and 1, they only gave me half a route and the van still had to be paid for

They overcharge you after you leave

Bad company to work for, they charged me 920£ to fix a small dent, the only good thing was the relationship between drivers and the site manager. I'm thankful for the opportunity but I don't recommend it to anybody.

Not bad but …

On a side menageries rly helpfully and good guys but management in head office so poor… they take a lots of money if you lending van for any micro scratches (I think they expect that cars are just for standing on a security car park not using at work)

Horrendous

I wanted to go out on the road to see where problems were happening (My previous role I was a safety advisor for Teamknowhow) I realised the stress people were under after around 3 days out on the road.This is terrible,you are constantly rushing and under pressure.You receive messages from management telling you your 3 deliveries behind so you rush more.Even in the snow and ice.In the darkness, On farms.....The list is endless..And thats when accidents happen.Safety is VERY VERY poor,infact non existant. It should be their main priority but unfortunately it isnt.....Stay well clear of these!

Pros

Cons

No PPE, No consultation with Management, No planning and No Safety Culture

Poor company to work for

Worked for FDL for two months , poor management, you never have any structure concerning shifts , Amazon mapping and route system is extremely poor . You have to wait 3 weeks before you get paid then wait another 3 weeks for final salary. Then you find they have made up loads of repairs with greatly inflated work times on the can you return

Pros

Free water 😿

Cons

Uncertain shifts

Total disgrace, this job will cost you your peace will cost you money. You will be treated shockingly bad.

There is mass exodus happening in FDL, the workers get zero support in all areas. Ruining life's everyday, the management lack any managerial skills and are out to fill there own pockets at your expense.

Pros

There is no pros

Cons

The fdl is a con.

Good company for work

just need some attention for the site manager, when u not same nationality with the manager.Not really hard work, just need to know what u doing and howKeep wathcing and asking when u go to train, i had really bad experience with my trainer.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

On the busy days, you w'll die Talk with some crazy people If days quiet, you loose loads ove money, just pay for van rental.

Only good at peak time

You'll be asked to be self-employed because they will treat you like if you are their employee. There's no exclusivity of service, but they will demand you to work X times, whatever suits them. You will never know if you work up until the same morning, around 7/8 am, regardless of whether the work notification was sent the day after.I'd advise having a plan B for this situation.They work with Amazon, so in peak times, there are plenty of jobs.Again you are self-employed, and you decide when you work.The bonus's hardly achievable; the statistics used are outdated and inefficient. They don't represent the effort you may put in. However, this is more fault from Amazon than FDL.They'll charge you 200 a week for a van plus insurance, so better off renting your own!If you are happy to accept these things, it's an excellent place to work.

Pros

Good pay Working indirectly for Amazon, work at your own pace within the 10h route (it's never 10h)

Cons

They treat you like if they have exclusivity of you, (but they don't by contract). Treated like employee rather than service provider, lack of management support.

Having a job where you’re own boss and your daily environment always changes has made me only love this job. As with all jobs there are always going to be downsides but the company will always take the time to want to know about your downsides to the job.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

N/a

Stressful with little or no communication.

FDL, have a policy of working 3 laying weeks and get paid on your 4th. If you can afford to go a month before getting paid maybe you don't need a job. At no point during training was this mentioned.. not even when management was asked for the information it still wasn't relayed. Your expected to pay your diesel to and from work and mileage is only paid while on route, not mentioned in training when asking about it, you are referred to your manager. When taking a van from company its costs almost 200 quid a week with them under no obligation to give you any shifts. The communication about routes is excellent the communication regarding getting paid or anything else that benefits you as an employee is little or none. I'd never have taken job if I had known all the above. The management is driven by metrics and have a very unprofessional approach to anything else other than metrics. Make the smallest error and you'll pay by being taking of the rota for as many days as it takes for management to stop huffing like a child. You will find out your shifts late the night before your shift. You have no idea until the night before if you've work or not, makes the work/life balance difficult.

Pros

Yet to come across any.

Cons

Lack of communation and also discrimination

Avoid

Avoid this company. You work 4 weeks without first pay.They have no care in the world about you They do competition for there drivers to leave the best reviews on job sites so they get bonus you leave the company they hold on to your money for 31 days while they find issue with the van and over charge you

Pros

Cons

Long hours over worked management at dpe1 is a joke

Great fun workplace

I started with FDL in October after 20 years in a different industry and felt at home straight away. The work is fast paced but easy to learn and get up to speed. Cosmin The manager at Manchester was very supportive and went out of his way to help. The team is very multi cultural and everyone got on well with each other and if ever you needed help there was someone there. The only downside to the job was the van rental which had to be paid no matter how many days work you were offered. The manager did his best to share work out at low volume times ( out of his control as this is dictated by amazon) . If you were getting between 4 and 6 days per week happy days. I only left to pursue a career as an LGV driver but must say it has been a great experience and my favourite ever job! I would recommend that if you do this job register for flat rate VAT scheme using a proper accountant and you will see a little extra cash in your pocket each week ( FDL can point you in the direction of a great accountant)

Pros

Weekly pay, Top guys.

Cons

Weekly van rental

Good Team

Good team, enjoyed it but hard work, can be stressful. Help from management when possible. The local guys are great and all work to help each other out.

Pros

colleagues

Honest review

I’ve been working for FDL since May now. I can genuinely say that it’s a really good job! The only down sides are no holiday pay, sick pay or pension as you are classed as self employed. However, you can pick and choose your working days. Management are very kind and caring and they do care about what you expect from the job. The pay is brilliant. You are your own boss! Amazon staff are kind and courteous. FDL staff will do anything to make your life easier! Really, really great bunch of people who together makes up a very strong team! You feel very proud at the end of the day. You definitely feel like you’ve accomplished something! There’s the opportunity to work away from home, your accommodation is paid for and they provide an incentive to go too! There really aren’t any negatives about this job apart from the things I mentioned! Some days can be busy, however, compared to other companies in the Amazon station our routes are so much easier than theirs! Brilliant company!

Pros

Kind staff and management!

Cons

No holiday or sick pay and no pension

Delivery driver

Poor company, lying to much, always promising you bonuses but never wanna pay, managers take in to walet. If have any chance i just not givint a star for a rating, no recommendations at all, plus, if you are renting van you make a biggest mistake at all, i was it get invoice with 900 pounds.

Pros

Cons

NO time for toilet, not talking about coffee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fast Despatch Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement