Fatface
Happiness score is 78 out of 100

Fatface Employee Reviews

United Kingdom55 reviews

storediscountcustomercustomsaleservicestafffriendly

Nice intro to customer service

Started off as part time crew and worked up to keyholder position. The approach to customer service is friendly and very desirable post-FF. Made some great friends and had a fantastic team but store managers are often asked to go above and beyond with little thanks from the area managers. Poor communication down the chain at times but within the store itself it was a brilliant little team.

ok

job ok staff great management and higher not in tune with staff or how their shops run stock rotation constant no sooner us new stock in and put out it is sale time.... ridiculous then staff too busy marking down or sending stuff back

Insights into Fatface

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good place which has changed a lot

Iv worked for fat face off and on for 7 years. When I first began it was a fantastic place to work. The retail assistants were very important for the company. Fat faces philosophy at the time was to enjoy life and in living this, they made sure assistants were treated well. This meant that the customers were looked after brilliantly. The company got bought and all that changed, to the usual Sales and targets.Bit sad, but none the less a great place to work.

Pros

good pay, relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Mundane after a while, Target hitting

Laid back facade, just you wait!

When starting at Fatface, the energy is very cool and laid back. This soon changes. You're treated as a child and someone is always breathing down your neck (and not in a productive way). You're questioned constantly and have to justify your every move.I once stepped away from my desk to help a man who had fallen and was reprimanded - Don't get me started on the absolute no no it is to have a toilet break for longer than 2 minutes.

Pros

Employee discount.

Cons

Patronising management and dog eat dog atmosphere.

Really great place to work

I loved working there and i would not have left had i not moved away for university. I loved the staff and the customers were great. I did a variety of jobs and they gave necessary training for tills. Also carried out sale preparations which we were always paid overtime for. Overall great place to work

Pros

Customers, great management, friendly atmosphere

Disappointed to say the least.

The main Fat Face recruiter who took me through the first stage (over the phone) interview disappeared off the planet. At the last minute he dropped out my face to face interview, and another Fat Face employee interviewed me. They were 45 mins late. Interview was easy, and just a tick in the box generic interview. Once I started this role, no main manager or assistant manger was even recruited. We were also offered benefits for accepting the role i.e. discount... no such thing. You'd have to jump through hoops to get this. Customer wise, if there was an issue, management would stay upstairs and leave us to it! They also had their favourites staff members and allowed them to stay upstairs, while others dealt with everything. Amongst LOTS of other things, when I left the job due to covid and my unhappiness with the role, I then had to deal with end of job paperwork where the Fat Face member over the phone was extremely rude, and laughed at my reason for leaving. - Please don't work here!! it's not worth your mental health.

Pros

'Some' nice colleagues

Cons

Everything else.

Chester’s store made for rewarding but hard work. Not that you would be praised for hard work, self praise was of essence. You could bend over backwards and not receive one Thank you. This was draining. Only ever brought to managers attention if you did anything wrong. This negative outlook on performance made for a negative outlook on the work. There was constant pressure to achieve sales even though customers didn’t want the American style approach to service.Manager clearly had favourites and made it clear this was the case. Any issue you would have would result in a slightly hostile atmosphere and wasn’t approachable. By the time I finished working at Chesters store I hated it. Pay was suitable for level of work you did. I did enjoy my time at FatFace but the workplace seemed to just turn sour for me and that really does sadden me.

Pros

End of shift

Cons

Start of shift

Good staff discount,

I started work and it was fast paced under strong manager who left for another store it was then badly managed customer service got poor regular customers didn't return, head office failled to make the manager accountable for this and store closed due to poor management. What a shame a once thriving store

Pros

Staff discunt

Cons

Poor management

great place to work

really enjoyed working for fat face managers are great to work for very supported and the team was lovely amazing discounts and really nice customers

A very catering business

A day at FatFace starts and ends with a smile. The customers are lovely, and having been there for almost 5 years, I have yet to come across a bad member of staff! I personally had struggles with severe ill health, and dare I say it, I don't think any other company would have allowed me the time I needed to recover. The company really catered to my needs when I arrived back to work, and made sure that I was working at a pace that I was able to maintain and find comfortable.

Job

Not a good experience - job not as advertised . The company culture of Being scared of area management was an experience I wasn’t gonna participate in - YES MAN culture - with ‘ my way or no way mentality ‘

Productive fun place to work

Fatface was a great company to work for. I was given the responsibility of visual merchandiser for the Area this allowed me to perfect my visual merchandising skills.

Enjoyable and relaxed environment

I worked weekend shifts at FatFace for 2 years and throughout that time I felt very welcomed and part of the team. It was a very friendly and supportive environment, and gave me the confidence and skills needed to succeed in other jobs following that role.

Tiring but decent workplace

The hardest part of the job was not being provided with meals in between. Most workers had shifts of 8 or 12 busy hours, 2 hours of travel to and from the warehouse independently and there was no any food provided to part-time workers during the 30 minutes break. it was very energy-draining. Apart from that, I learned time management since we were given certain targets to reach per hour for every tasks we were assigned to.

Typical shop work

Busy during seasonal times. Small shop lacking staff but good pay and other staff were great. Good discount and working times, shifts werent as flexible as I would have liked

Fun but a bit unorganised

the people were very fun to work with however as there was no set manager for the period of time I work there, there was a lot of confusion over work schedules and such and it seemed very unorganised.

wonderful store team - bad management

Crew are lovely, there really is a bond created. Management and higher in my experience of Fatface is terrible. Everyone is disposable to them, and not appreciated.

Very immersive brand culture

Live the brand and you'll be fine. Lots of facebook posts from upper management to motivate teams, hold you accountable for product launches and deliver business messages

Pros

good ethics

Cons

boring

The typical day involves serving customers, which is always the main priority, as well as processing deliveries and merchandising the new stock on a regular basis. The other staff and the management are some of the best people you can hope to work with and it really helps move your day along. The hardest and also most rewarding parts of the job is meeting the daily and weekly targets, as they are high but achievable with a bit of hard work which is always expected anyway.

Thorough and Caring

company is very environmentally conscious which is so refreshing. they offer great training and are not afraid to invest in you. staff discount is a massive pro, the quality of the product you're selling is easy to sell. company-wide and area-wide it feels they're constantly understaffed - regarding management. management can come across as very clicky, low contracts are given yet availability is expected at all times. regular floor moves and sales mean a lot of late nights which aren't paid for if you're salary. the hardest part of the job is to meet everyone's expectations as they are always unclear or unattainable.

Pros

great staff discount, well paid

Cons

unprofessional managers

managament fell apart

all management left, ended up closing down by Christmas - real shame this happened, took a huge toll on all the sales assistants - extremely low morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fatface. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Fatface with

Learn about Fatface in popular locations

• Fatface