Fedcap Employment
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Fedcap Employment Employee Reviews

United Kingdom50 reviews

targetrolesupportmanagehighstaffculturetraining

Good colleagues, shame about the rest

Colleagues are the reason you stay. High caseloads, constant worries & fresh targets added on to you. No job security when a contract comes to the end, you have to reapply for a different role on a different contract. Inform you your role is permanent…but is it really?

High Caseloads and Poor Management

I would not recommend working here to anyone, you don't get the recognition you deserve. The teams and advisors you work with are lovely and generally nice people, they don't get the recognition they deserve either. The management throw high caseloads at you all and say "speak up if it is too much" , you say it's too much, and they tell you to deal with it and give you more. Higher Management are absolutely useless!! All corrupt and out for themselves, don't care about their staff in the slightest. Double Standards from them, say you are not allowed to work from home, but they do it themselves. They can't run a bath never mind a business. Avoid!!

Insights into Fedcap Employment

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Great people, great prospects

Loved my first few months, met some passionate, hard working and loyal staff. Everyone is friendly, kind and keen to make Fedcap the best in its field. There's so much good happening in this organisation, I can't wait to be part of its future.

Incredible Job Satisfaction

Working at Fedcap has provided me a sense of Job Satisfaction that I have never found elsewhere. Our goal is to help people which is solidified throughout the company and while some people may find stress in this, the company provides an outstanding work/life balance where you feel no pressure or stress to continue your work when you get home.There is constant support for employees who may be struggling in all aspects for their work, the team is tightly knit, we all get along and every day at work is well worth going to.

Run for the hills!

Worst job in 3 decades of my working life.No pay progression, no pay rise in over 5 yearsPromised hybrid working but then withdrawn, must be in office being micro-managed 5 daysTraining non-existentNo written process guidance for government contracts so constantly changing with no ability to reference checkBullying management culture, sickness rates sky-highCaseloads far too large to make any difference, employees taking their work home or drowning under adminSenior management behaviour cringeworthy

Pros

Only good as a stepping stone to a different career

Cons

Terrible management at local and national level, constant changes to guidance, demoralised staff

Unpleasant and badly managed

10 months into the contract and it is still a shambles. It is merely a box-ticking, administrative process rather than genuinely supporting the customers. Employees are leaving in droves in response to the terrible leadership.

Cons

Terrible leadership

Excellent atmosphere, great people.

I have been at Fedcap for 7 months. Having come from a toxic sales environment I can tell you that it was worlds apart from Fedcap, I have found that Fedcap genuinely care about their people, they will support you not just in the work place, but they are understanding of external issues as well. We have a fantastic atmosphere in our office and support each other well. So far Fedcap is the best place I have worked.

Pros

Friendly workplace. Wages. People care.

Cons

Nothing.

Good job for anyone wanting to get into this sector

Very good place to work for anyone who wants to get into employability you get to manage your own diary and get to know your customers as well. Also you get to learn a lot on the job. The induction is very good as well

Pros

Managing own diary, no micromanaging

Cons

My management team help me alot and I always get helpif request working 90% remote and if I need to travel away from home office I can get travel refunded U manage ur own time no micro management everyone is always there to support and boost u up

Fabulous Career Progression

Very rewarding job due to the nature of the business and industry it is in. Opportunity to really make a difference in people's lives. Great place to work with amazing people who love their job. Career progression for those who want it.

Pros

Supportive, career progression

Cons

Can be stressful at times

Terrible company- no work life balance and no regard for staff well-being

By far the worst company I have ever worked for. They claim to promote work life balance but the reality couldn’t be further from it. They book your calendar out with customers from the first minute of the day to the end of the day (and expect you to book over your lunch to fit customers in with no overtime pay etc)- there isn’t even space for toilet breaks/ to get water.Caseload is way too high to be manageable -in interviews we were told our caseload would be 70 customers max - (which upon starting work we all quickly realised was never going to work) and yet caseloads got to 75 and before I left there was still no sign of this slowing down.When going to management with concerns/ struggles we were simply told “I don’t want to hear problems I only want solutions”… no support from management. Staff fed back their many concerns in the employee feedback surveys many times over the year that I was with the company and yet nothing ever happened to address the important issues that were raised.Huge staff turnover… there’s a reason the company is always advertising.

Micro managed, awful environment and the big wigs (if you can call them that) care more about CSC standards than their employees

Awful place to work, being managed by people who don’t even have the experience of working in the field. Rude and uncaring staff, no empathy and certainly no respect amongst staff and management. You are expected to work to the ground and get as many people onto the program, get the signatures and make sure the action plans are signed! Even if the customer is sick, they are forced to come in, otherwise threatened with sanctions. Only trashy people will remain there to work because Fedcap will employ absolutely anyone with no experience.Higher Management act like they are something very special and don’t even acknowledge other members of staff who might not be as high up on the ladder. Utter chaos and awful environment to work in with a micro managed environment, by inexperienced individuals, with not a decent education behind them. Big wigs only care about keeping hold of the contract for the next 5 years. They do not have the people skills to look after their staff emotionally or support their time at work. Terrible place to even consider working. If you like to be micromanaged and care only about CSC Standards then go for it.

Pros

4 weeks of paid training. Get paid for doing nothing literally just joining an online training.

Cons

Sad, very one sided and micro managed environment.

awful,awful,awful

no support,they don`t care about the client at all,all lies about how everything is about the client,so much bureaucracy for nothing,managers who have no managerial skills just trying to impress big boss and stressing their employees,arrogant people in power,i know someone there is off sick stress all the time treated with no respect

Not great at all

Would not recommend at all. Poor culture, poor benefits and staff retention. Management does not feel in sync with overall company. Feel forced into putting participants into roles which do not align with them, for the sake of submitting someone into a job for good KPI’s.

Pros

Some of staff

Cons

No progression, poor benefits, low morale within teams

Supportive Employer, cares about customers

A great place to work. Given what we do it's fast paced and can be challenging but it's very rewarding. There are processes that need to be followed, but this is led by funders so all providers will be in the same boat. I feel fully supported and listened to.

Fast paced, enjoyable

Really want to help customers and make a difference. Good values and want to create a good culture.

Awful

Stressful … no one cares about you only the target matters Outdated values no one in management follows No flexibility Unsustainable caseload sizes Extremely high turnover of employees across all offices Tiring, tedious, stressful

Pros

Bank holidays off

Cons

Everything else

Grim

Underpaid and overworked would be the idiom best suited for this place. Lovely people for the most part, which made the job somewhat tolerable. Very cliquey

Awful company - both as employee and as customer

Dreadful. All about targets. Not interested in helping anybody they won't be able to get a stat for within prescribed period, even where obvious progress can and has been made. High caseloads for advisers. End up without even time to go to the loo, let alone take lunch. Lots of lone working. Inadequate training. Not disability friendly, breach recognised legal guidance around reasonable adjustments. High staff turnover because of the above. Morale very low.

A start up company feel, not impressed by management.

Micro management is in place, a replacement for strong values of caring and respect promoted by the organisation. Stressfull environment, staff not listened to, unreasonable and unatainable targets, computer systems are slow, clunky, not adapted to all roles.

Fast paced, challenging yet enjoyable

Fedcap is a great place to work They believe on doing the right thing for the customer. Target driven but for the good of the customer. Value driven and supportive management.

Pros

Culture and values

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fedcap Employment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement