Fennies Day Nurseries

Fennies Day Nurseries Reviews: Working at Fennies Day Nurseries

United Kingdom37 reviews

Insights into Fennies Day Nurseries

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

friendly place to work.

Fennies is a friendly place to work, staff are friendly and you make friendships in and outside of the work place. Very rewarding job watching the children create bonds with staff and friendship groups. I'm happy to be apart of the fennies team and to of made some great friendships.

Pros

Friendly environment, great team work.

Cons

Long hours but very rewarding.

Excellent

What excellent place to work! You are supported from day one of stepping through the door! Salaries are competitive and it really is awesome to be part of a growing company like Fennies!

Days in Oxted are very productive and busy! The staff make it very enjoyable and fun.

A typical day at work can be very busy providing lots of support and learning for the children. The management team are always there to support you if needs be.

Pros

Staff incentives

Cons

A fabulous place to work with amazing continuous professional development opportunities.

Working for Fennies has been a great place for my training and career. A life in a early years is different each day and that is what I love most, seeing the children develop and grow to the positive respectful relationships with the team and the parent partnership growth.

Pros

Positive relationships. Training academy. Beautiful environments. Support networks.

Cons

Can sometimes be long days but expected within this career field.

Unsupportive, overly stressful and going above and beyond was still not enough

Management incredibly unsupportive and constantly felt like a burden to them, didn’t matter what you’d do it wasn’t enough, overall the job isn’t worth the pay. Very judgmental.

Pros

Room teams are good

Cons

Unsupportive management, overly stressful, no work life balance, very judgmental

1 March 2022
We’re sorry to hear that your time spent with us wasn’t entirely positive, Fennies work culture and staff well-being is a priority, and we strive to make our working environments supportive, enjoyable, and encouraging. Our Management teams are trained in leadership and management, and we have a number of support initiatives in place for employees, for example our HR hubs. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with us at enquiries@fennies.com

Fennies is a great place to work at, the staff are lovely and the management team are super helpful

everyday in the nursery is different, we have short and long days, were all here to support and care for the children. the management are there to support every step and ensure that were pushing ourselves to be the best practitioners that we can be and give the children the best education and care possible. if one of us is having a down day everyone is there to pick us up and help each other as much as possible.

Pros

Great work ethic, child progress seeing Children meet goals everyday

Cons

The job includes doing long hours throughout the week

Busy and friendly workplace

Very busy and productive place to work.Management very supportive and friendlyFinding new ways to keep the children entertained and busy with new ideas throughout the day Most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the children enjoying there time here, playing and interacting with each other

Pros

Free lunches, getting spend a lot of time out in the fresh air, not every day is the same

great place to work, loving and friendly environment.

early start, great management team, good communication, trusting. being taught new skills in child care, meeting new people and creating relationships with the staff and trust within the children and parents.

Pros

lunches, trusting team, kind people.

Cons

long hours.

productive, rewarding and supportive!!

During my time here at Fennies I have very quickly progressed with the support from the team and the HR team.Oxted is a friendly, caring and nurturing place to work and I would recommend to others.

Pros

Friendly environment, Great team to be apart of, Bonuses, competitive salary Supportive HR team. Fennies academy and the support through this is amazing.

Cons

Long hours - These become easier over time and very rewarding!

welcoming, friendly and supportive workplace.

I would recommended this to a friend because i feel part of the team and its very rewarding if you enjoy early years. Hours are long but worth it.I have gained confidence and different ways to support children.Oxted is a good team to work for, I have worked at other nurseries but I prefer here. The most enjoyable part of my job is the bond we create with the children.

Pros

Caring, Happy environment, safe workplace.

Cons

None at present.

Rushed off your feet, long hours and no respect from management

Terrible management who take every opportunity to increase your workload. Take advantage and spring after work meetings unpaid on you. Very long days with long wait til lunch, often 6 hours.

22 February 2022
We’re sorry to hear that your time spent with us wasn’t entirely positive, Fennies work culture and staff well-being is a priority and we strive to make our working environments supportive, enjoyable, and encouraging. All staff meetings are planned and put in place with sufficient notice to our teams and workload is managed with employee well-being in mind. However, we’re sorry to hear that your experience didn’t meet your expectations. We’d like to assure you that your comments are being taken seriously, should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with us at enquiries@fennies.com.

Like a big happy family

I really enjoy working at Fennies, I feel like it’s not just work but working with lovely people who support each other. The management at KH are so amazing and are there for me when I’m feeling low (I suffer with mental health) and when I’m proud of the achievements I’ve done for the day or with my key children in the room. I have such a lovely relationship with the children and their parents as well. Overall I love working at Fennies.

Fun workplace and great progression for staff

I have worked at the company for 5years now progressing from room leader to third in charge to deputy manager. The staff within Fennies at horley are all so welcoming and are amazing to work alongside, sharing ideas and offering advice to one another. The company itself is always there to support staff within their careers offering free training and opportunities to grow

Pros

Free training

Investment in staff is outstanding

With nursery life it's busy but Fennies have really taken a step forward with their staff training package and their support for well being! Feel like our voice is heard. Staff benefits include incentives of the month and include simple thank yous which go a long way. Our nursery strives for the best but we always have our ups and down but will good team work makes it the best place to work.

Pros

Training packages

Would not reccomend!

I have never in my entire childhood career been so badly mistreated by a management team. The amount I did for the company in comparison to how little I was paid was diabolical. The management team had zero regards for me as a person even though I went above and beyond for them. I have spent my entire time with the company coming home and crying myself to sleep due to the way I was treated by management and the stress. However, even though this was the situation I still turned up day after day and worked my hardest without even so much as thank-you. I’m relieved to be leaving and just hope my new position reignites my passion for childcare.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor money, poor management

4 November 2021
We’re incredibly sorry to hear this feedback about the time you spent with us and that it wasn’t positive. Staff well-being is something that we pride ourselves on, especially as this has been a focus of development over the last 18 months. We continue to offer Managers mental health training to help support their teams, but we apologise that the experience you had didn’t meet expectations and you felt unsupported. We are always reflecting on how we can better our well-being offering to staff and as we’re currently giving staff the opportunity to provide suggestions for well-being initiatives that support their day-to-day well-being, which will then be implemented across the company, we collect and take feedback very seriously. We’d like to wish you the best of luck for the future in your new position and we’re happy for you to get in touch should you wish to discuss this further via our enquiries@fennies.com email.

Appalling Treatment of Staff

Absolutely appalling treatment of staff.They are terrible at paying their staff - they pay you far less than what you are owed. If you do work here you must keep a record of the days you work, otherwise they will try to pull the wool over your eyes and pay you for half of what you have earned.The Recruitment staff lie to you and are completely misleading and deceptive about the job, including your rate of pay. An unethical company to work for.

Pros

Nothing - their treatment of staff is abysmal and disgusting.

Cons

They pay you badly, they don't pay you for overtime, the Recruiment staff lie to you. The payroll staff are unhelpful and deceptive.

4 November 2021
We’re very sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn’t as positive as we would’ve hoped. We’d like to assure you that we take every comment seriously so that we can continue to make improvements internally. We can confirm that our pay roll team undergo meticulous procedures to ensure that all wages are paid correctly and on time. As well as this our recruitment team ensure they are open and as informative as possible to all candidates prior to them joining Fennies so we apologise if the job role didn’t meet your expectations.

Unproductive

This company don’t have all the benefits they offer so if you have experience or not I do not recommend. I could say more but is much easier to look around and see why they are always looking for more staff.

Pros

Free lunches but not that much

Cons

No appreciation

Happy work life

I started working at Fennies August 2019. Since then I have been able to progress my key skills and develop friendships in the work place which I believe is a key part for a happy work life. The management team are extremely supportive and I have no worries to ask for their help when I feel I need it. A typical days work is fast paced and has an easy routine.

Oxted - fun and exciting place to work

I have been working for Fennies since September 2019 from the interview process to starting was a professional and efficient service. I was kept well up to date with what I needed to before joining. since my first day I have settled in we have an amazing friendly and caring team who strive for outstanding care and activities on a daily basis.

Pros

Free lunches, good training

Oxted - Fantastic place to strive to for excellence.

Since joining the Oxted team, my continuous professional development has flourished and provided professional challenge for my career. The support team and management around the team provide a happy welcoming environment whilst we strive for outstanding. I have been my happiest at Oxted and the team have been supportive whilst we continue to grow. The team at Oxted is based on passion for the job and Fennies are able to identify our potential and further our careers. I would highly recommend Fennies!

Pros

Competetive salary, Bonus Schemes, Beautiful Provisions, High Standard of care, Fennies initiatives - Fennies Fresh, Robust support networks in place. Welcoming and friendly!

Cons

N/a

Fennies-St Augustine’s.Great place to work!

I have been working at Fennies for just over 7 months. So far I have found it to be the best place I have worked. The staff are lovely across the whole board and very supportive! Management are amazing and are always there to help and support in any way they can. The children are happy and are developing amazingly at their own speed with the support of the staff. I love being part of the Fennies family!

Pros

Watching the children grow and develop Lovely staff/ management

Cons

N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fennies Day Nurseries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Fennies Day Nurseries with

• Fennies Day Nurseries
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?