Fennies Day Nurseries

Fennies Day Nurseries Employee Reviews

I started working at Fennies August 2019. Since then I have been able to progress my key skills and develop friendships in the work place which I believe is a key part for a happy work life. The management team are extremely supportive and I have no worries to ask for their help when I feel I need it. A typical days work is fast paced and has an easy routine.
I have been working for Fennies since September 2019 from the interview process to starting was a professional and efficient service. I was kept well up to date with what I needed to before joining. since my first day I have settled in we have an amazing friendly and caring team who strive for outstanding care and activities on a daily basis.
Pros
Free lunches, good training
Since joining the Oxted team, my continuous professional development has flourished and provided professional challenge for my career. The support team and management around the team provide a happy welcoming environment whilst we strive for outstanding. I have been my happiest at Oxted and the team have been supportive whilst we continue to grow. The team at Oxted is based on passion for the job and Fennies are able to identify our potential and further our careers. I would highly recommend Fennies!
Pros
Competetive salary, Bonus Schemes, Beautiful Provisions, High Standard of care, Fennies initiatives - Fennies Fresh, Robust support networks in place. Welcoming and friendly!
Cons
N/a
I have been working at Fennies for just over 7 months. So far I have found it to be the best place I have worked. The staff are lovely across the whole board and very supportive! Management are amazing and are always there to help and support in any way they can. The children are happy and are developing amazingly at their own speed with the support of the staff. I love being part of the Fennies family!
Pros
Watching the children grow and develop Lovely staff/ management
Cons
N/a
I learned how to work as a team, gain more knowledge on childcare working practically and doing online courses. The workplace culture is okay however you should work in childcare because you want that career, everything else doesn't matter. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the children and developing a trusting fun connection.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Joining Fennies has been the best move yet! I joined as Bank staff as this suited my family life, I had the delight of covering at 3 of our settings and always was made to feel welcome and apart of the team. I soon found I was eager to get into planning and wanted to advance with the company, I was offered a permanent position and have never looked back. I have now progressed to Deupty Manager.
Pros
Amazing Team in Settings and Head Office
Cons
Long Hours
Been with Fennies for 5 years now and the company had lots of opportunities to move up higher into different roles. i started as an apprentice and now a Deputy room leader. Staff are welcoming and lovely and Parents are appreciative and supportive. Management listen to your problems and help if needed.
Pros
Close to local parks and shops
Cons
I joined Fennies within the last year and it has been the nicest company I've worked for. The nursery is beautiful and it has a homely atmosphere. The team I work with are amazing, always striving for best practice each day. Head office value each person as an individual and encourage promotions within the company.
Pros
Lovely families and colleagues
Cons
I work within the Marketing team at Fennies Nurseries head office and would highly recommend the company. It has provided me with excellent learning opportunities which has enabled me to develop my knowledge around marketing as well as the childcare sector. The Management team has always been highly friendly and encouraging allowing support wherever needed- Great place to work!
Pros
Excellent learning opportunities and career development, childcare discount available if needed
Cons
I first starting working for Fennies in February 2019 as a deputy manager. It was fast paced and all very exciting, I moved branches and quickly was offered promotion to nursery manager in 2020. I was welcomed by all staff within the branch and felt comfortable and at home. The team all support each other and the nursery has an overall welcoming vibe.
I have worked with Fennies for just over a year now and have managed to gain a wider depth of knowledge and progress on the career ladder with Fennies. The atmosphere within the company is professional and welcoming regardless of your role. In the time i have been apart of Fennies I cannot fault them. I would really recommend Fennies to anyone looking to further the careers.
Pros
Welcoming, Bonus schemes, Lovely buildings, Good Career oppertunities and competitive salaries.
Cons
Na
I have worked with Fennies for 7-8 years and I can not fault the support network in place and the career progression Fennies can offer. Fennies is a welcoming friendly environment with beautiful provisions. The salary is competitive and with a great bonus structure in place. I have worked at various settings and Fennies as a whole is in a league above, I highly recommend!
Pros
Competetive salary, amazing career oppertuntities, A supportive network across the board, Bonus Schemes in place, Fennies Fresh offering amazing meals, Free lunches for all staff, Beautiful provisions, Further continuous professional development available and friendly teams.
Cons
N/a
Fennies is a very supportive company throughout. I have been with Fennies for nearly 6 years now and have worked my way from level 3 to now being a deputy manager. the HR and senior management team are very helpful. working hours are manageable and can be flexible when needed. all staff are given training opportunities throughout and personal growth is encouraged and supported. the company have benefits such as room/staff of the month and team building activities. I highly enjoy my job here and would recommend to anyone who wants to grow within their childcare career.
Pros
training opportunites, christmas party, company growth.
Cons
if you dont drive and need to support other settings..rarley.
Management was very rude even when you was sick really bad they expect you in worst place I have work.There was alot of favouritism that goes on there mangers are too friendly with staff.
Official response from Fennies Day Nurseries
4 February 2020
We are very sorry to hear about your experience during your time with us. Our aim is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees feel they are treated equally and fairly. The issues you have brought to our attention will be looked into and if you would like to speak to someone from our team, please do not hesitate to contact our HR department.
Worked at this company for A little while. Management is poor and senior staff are prioritized above everyone else. Senior staff sit in the office all day gossiping about people and get praised for doing hardly anything. Pressure put on apprentices to know everything even tho there still learning. Too many hours and you don’t get paid for overtime. Was made to come in when you was being sick and was made to be sick in the toilet and come back to work
Official response from Fennies Day Nurseries
3 December 2019
We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience during your time with the company wasn’t enjoyable. We are committed to providing a positive working environment and aim to support employee wellbeing and development equally, and we can ensure you this will be looked into. We do appreciate your feedback and should you feel you would like to speak to someone directly please contact our HR department.
Fennies isn't a job to work for a long time, children are fun to work/play with and make your day. Staff and management can be extremely rude and most times do not care for your general health and well-being. Although ratio for adults to children is crucial when working at a nursery, management will make you feel terrible for calling in sick (when you are sick) and will not be happy with you doing this. Extremely long hours which most times makes you unhappy with the job.
I joined Fennies in April 2019 and i'm really happy here. The nursery is beautiful and the team have been so welcoming and there's a real family feel in the company. I have had direct dealings with staff from head office who have been extremely supportive and friendly. I have been promoted since joining the company and have seen first hand how Fennies promotes staff training, growth and development.
Pros
Free lunches cooked by the nursery chef on site, staff incentives, team building activities, staff discount for childcare, competitive salaries, joining cash bonuses and refer a friend bonuses
Its a good work place to work for and the staff are friendly, i currently work here and it is very good the hours are flexible and they also have different types of cultures in their nurseries, fennies also have a wide range of their nurseries and they are a very known and wide company to work for, you also have a chance to move to the other nurseries that they have
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I was at Fennies for a week due to work experience in year 10. During that week I was in charge of organizing activities for the children in the nursery and supervising the sessions. I was also asked to set up the children's tea time and lunch times and serve them the food, cleaning up afterwards.
Pros
Close to a store for lunch.
Cons
Busy hometimes.