Fennies

Fennies Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

It’s go go go

I started Fennies in 2019 as their deputy manager. It’s a fast paced nursery with high expectations. There are times for laughter and jokes which is to be expected working in early years. I have an amazing team who support me and pull together when it’s really needed. The senior managers are on call when you need them and offer a helping hand if you need them. There is room for growth and progression which is a bonus and of course we have some amazing little minds that we have in our care

Pros

Free lunches. Free uniform for both staff and managers. In house training

Cons

Long hours (sometimes). Can be a teeny bit stressful

Really a company to skip

This company has very high staff turn over, with very few loyal staff remaining. It sadly lost its sight of what is the core of childcare, the care of children. Sadly It cares for nothing other than making money and meeting legal requirements and won’t go above and beyond. They put on a good front but behind the scenes, all staff are replaceable so are told to shut up and get on or leave. They don’t take safeguarding seriously, staff talk inappropriately in front of children and mangers do nothing. Staff are lucky if they’re a managers favourite. Staff are paid differently, less qualified being paid more than senior staff. Managers come and go just as much as the rest of the staff. Staff work long hours, pay penny’s and with very little thank yous. Staff are passionate and caring but not looked after. Honestly it’s one to miss, worst company to work for, much better ones out there.

Pros

Caring and passionate staff

Cons

Salary, lack of care for staff, unprofessional

Progression

Working for Fennies has helped me to start to develop and improve my career, giving me the opportunity to expand my knowledge of the childcare sector and start to work towards gaining my Level 3 qualification. It has also given me the chance to see where I am able to progress when fully qualified.

Pros

Discounted travel costs

Not good

The staff is very selfish and management only like certain staff and won’t support everyone. Staff get away with stuff they shouldn’t. No care for staff.

Pros

Children

Cons

Management and staff

What a place to work

Working in Fennies is very fast-paced you’ll never be bored as there’s always something to do, at times it can be very stressful but the children and the bonds you form with them definitely make it worth while. When you have a good team to work with it’s a lovely place to work but there are times when it can be the complete opposite. Management aren’t always the best to work with but are okay at times.

Excellent Career Progression

I joined Fennies almost 18 months ago as part of the recruitment team. Quite quickly I was given the opportunity to progress to a more senior role. The Head Office team and Nurseries are extremely supportive and have a real passion for the industry. Although recruitment within Early Years can be challenging, we pride ourselves on finding the very best people to join our team who share the same passion and values in educating the next generation. Being part of Fennies is extremely rewarding and offers fantastic career progression.

Great place to wrok

I have worked for Fennies for 5 years. Starting at Fennies part time 16 hours a week, I now work full time. I was given the opportunity to develop within my role and I now have become a Manager. The people I work with are friendly, hard working team players who have a real passion to work with children. Woking within an industry where I can have such a huge impact to the next generation is so important. This has given me such amazing job satisfaction. I have been given training opportunities which have been based in house and externally, this has helped me evolve me into the manager I am today.

Support and safe

As a new A pprentice fennies I am really enjoying my time , My colleagues and the company as a whole have be friendly and supportive . With in the nurse all pupils diverse needs and safety are taking it to account along side there , physical , social , emotional and intellectual development. Overall fennies is a lovely place to work with a high amount of training provided A strong management team and many career prospects .

Pros

Support colleagues and management

Fun and bubbly workplace

Fennies is a very loving, caring and nurturing company that has every child best interest at heart and care about every child development. Fennies offers amazing opportunities. Fennies also gives away loads of offers in childcare which are very reasonable and have very competitive salaries. When joining a Fennies branch nursery there is always a family atmosphere that offers that home away from home vibe for children and staff.

Pros

Competitive salaries

Cons

Can’t think of any

Good progression opportunities

I’ve worked at Fennies since Oct 2018, initially based in baby room after a brief career change. I’ve managed to progress successfully and am now a room leader of the toddler room which I love! Staff are a good laugh, with a good bank staff team behind us to. Staff turnover is a bit up and down, but that’s just the way the cookie crumbles in private nursery life unfortunately!

Pros

Good career progression and training opportunities

Cons

Long/extended hours at times

Welcoming

Since I have started the staff have been very kind and supportive to me. The children are lovely and the atmosphere is great.

Family vibe

I have worked for Fennies for over 3 years. In the short space of time I have been with the company I have worked my way up to a Management position. The staff team I work with are very lovely, we have both male and female staff and openly welcome a wide diversity of people to come and work with us. Although the hours are sometimes long, I have chosen to dedicate my time and energy into bringing up the next generation, and nothing is more rewarding.

Pros

A family orientated staff team

Must read

I have been working for Fennies since 2008. Fennies as a company are very supportive, they encourage you to work your way up within your role. All Fennies work well together and staff are so friendly. I have recently moved from one Fennies to another to further my career and i got welcomed with open arms, the team was very friendly and the nursery has a great atmosphere. Management work closely with staff to support their apprenticeships or any work they need help with. They try to be as accommodating as possible to ensure each member of staff is treated well and feels valued. Fennies have lots of benefits from, Christmas party, training paid for, employee of the month. For example two of our lovely ladies at Epsom recently won a Helicopter Trip with bubbly for winning employee of the month.

Pros

training / friendly

Fennies

Working for Fennies is like working with a family. Childcare is not the easiest job but when you have a good strong caring team working alongside you it becomes so much more than a job. A working day at Fennies consists of fun activities, team work and a friendly atmosphere. Management are always willing to help their team members and treat us with respect. Fennies have provided many opportunities for development within the company and always look for those within to move up in their roles..

Pros

staff, Training, friendly

Brilliant place to work!

I have worked for Fennies for 2 years and love it. The atmosphere within the nursery is always positive and upbeat. The company support you to further your professional development. My team within Epsom are amazing and it is a joy to come to work every day. Salaries are competitive with local nurseries.

Pros

staff, Training, friendly

part of the funiture

I joined Fennies in October 2013 the change in atmosphere and general vibe around the nursery has improved massively. When joining Fennies I was unqualified and was given the chance to gain both my level 2 and 3 within the company. This me to progress within the company starting as an apprentice and now a room leader. The most enjoyable part of job is helping and seeing the children progress throughout the time they are in our care. The management team have been very supportive and robust in their practices. I feel my time at Fennies is worthwhile in supporting and furthering my carer. I've been here 6 years and counting.

Pros

there is alot of chances for career progression

Cons

long days are variable each week, can be draining. However i know its about of my job role

Progressing through Fennies

In September 2014 I started my career at Fennies as a level 3 early years teacher, later on in 2016 I became a room leader to the outside garden room (Creators) and then shortly after I was given the opportunity to extend my professional development by going to the bigger pre-school room, this was a exciting new chapter for me that has now lead me to become more confident in my role leading a bigger room and then in 2019 becoming a third in charge for the nursery. Working for Fennies has been a great opportunity for me and is the best place to work, the management team have given lots of support throughout my professional development and I feel like I am part of the family here and everyone works well with one another.

Pros

Family like nursery

Kick started my career!

3 years ago, after always wanting to work with children but not knowing how to get into it I searched on Indeed to see what possibilities were available for me. I went down the apprentice approach with Fennies. The support given through the training was excellent and both my tutor and management team supported me through the time completing my courses. All of the branches come together on training, Christmas party's and this really shows a family bond within the company. From starting as an apprentice I have worked up to complete both my Level 2 & Level 3 in childcare, received a promotion as a Deputy Room Leader and now more recently a Room Leader. I have had nothing but positive experiences here within the Fennies family and hope to continue to grow in my career.

Pros

A real family vibe

onwards and upwards

since working for Fennies I have become level 2 qualified and I am currently studying my level 3 in childcare. throughout my Fennies experience I have also took a challenge of becoming a deputy room leader. I enjoy my time here and have become more confident in myself, the Fennies team are like a family, the management show a massive support and will continue to support your success and help you thrive.

Pros

family feel working enviroment

Cons

Great place to further your development and career.

From starting at Kings Hall road as an apprentice I have been giving opportunities to gain experience as well and further develop my professional development, I have found this very rewarding and useful to gain my knowledge and experience from an apprentice to working as part of the management team. I have come along way in the 4 years I have been apart of Fennies and I will continue to grow within my role.

Excellent company and a family vibe.

I have currently been working for Fennies for almost 6 years. Fennies has been a welcoming family from the beginning it has allowed me to gain many life skills and knowledge to further my development. Fennies have always shown support in my higher education and have giving me opportunities to progress since I first started. Fennies Beckenham for me is a home from home feel and a family atmosphere. I have worked at a previously nursery in Croydon and felt uneasy and disappointed about the industry. Fennies has brought my passion back!!