Fennies

Clear
Work-life balance
Job security & advancement

Progression

Working for Fennies has helped me to start to develop and improve my career, giving me the opportunity to expand my knowledge of the childcare sector and start to work towards gaining my Level 3 qualification. It has also given me the chance to see where I am able to progress when fully qualified.

Pros

Discounted travel costs

Excellent Career Progression

I joined Fennies almost 18 months ago as part of the recruitment team. Quite quickly I was given the opportunity to progress to a more senior role. The Head Office team and Nurseries are extremely supportive and have a real passion for the industry. Although recruitment within Early Years can be challenging, we pride ourselves on finding the very best people to join our team who share the same passion and values in educating the next generation. Being part of Fennies is extremely rewarding and offers fantastic career progression.

Great place to wrok

I have worked for Fennies for 5 years. Starting at Fennies part time 16 hours a week, I now work full time. I was given the opportunity to develop within my role and I now have become a Manager. The people I work with are friendly, hard working team players who have a real passion to work with children. Woking within an industry where I can have such a huge impact to the next generation is so important. This has given me such amazing job satisfaction. I have been given training opportunities which have been based in house and externally, this has helped me evolve me into the manager I am today.

Support and safe

As a new A pprentice fennies I am really enjoying my time , My colleagues and the company as a whole have be friendly and supportive . With in the nurse all pupils diverse needs and safety are taking it to account along side there , physical , social , emotional and intellectual development. Overall fennies is a lovely place to work with a high amount of training provided A strong management team and many career prospects .

Pros

Support colleagues and management

Fun and bubbly workplace

Fennies is a very loving, caring and nurturing company that has every child best interest at heart and care about every child development. Fennies offers amazing opportunities. Fennies also gives away loads of offers in childcare which are very reasonable and have very competitive salaries. When joining a Fennies branch nursery there is always a family atmosphere that offers that home away from home vibe for children and staff.

Pros

Competitive salaries

Cons

Can’t think of any

Good progression opportunities

I’ve worked at Fennies since Oct 2018, initially based in baby room after a brief career change. I’ve managed to progress successfully and am now a room leader of the toddler room which I love! Staff are a good laugh, with a good bank staff team behind us to. Staff turnover is a bit up and down, but that’s just the way the cookie crumbles in private nursery life unfortunately!

Pros

Good career progression and training opportunities

Cons

Long/extended hours at times

Must read

I have been working for Fennies since 2008. Fennies as a company are very supportive, they encourage you to work your way up within your role. All Fennies work well together and staff are so friendly. I have recently moved from one Fennies to another to further my career and i got welcomed with open arms, the team was very friendly and the nursery has a great atmosphere. Management work closely with staff to support their apprenticeships or any work they need help with. They try to be as accommodating as possible to ensure each member of staff is treated well and feels valued. Fennies have lots of benefits from, Christmas party, training paid for, employee of the month. For example two of our lovely ladies at Epsom recently won a Helicopter Trip with bubbly for winning employee of the month.

Pros

training / friendly

Brilliant place to work!

I have worked for Fennies for 2 years and love it. The atmosphere within the nursery is always positive and upbeat. The company support you to further your professional development. My team within Epsom are amazing and it is a joy to come to work every day. Salaries are competitive with local nurseries.

Pros

staff, Training, friendly

part of the funiture

I joined Fennies in October 2013 the change in atmosphere and general vibe around the nursery has improved massively. When joining Fennies I was unqualified and was given the chance to gain both my level 2 and 3 within the company. This me to progress within the company starting as an apprentice and now a room leader. The most enjoyable part of job is helping and seeing the children progress throughout the time they are in our care. The management team have been very supportive and robust in their practices. I feel my time at Fennies is worthwhile in supporting and furthering my carer. I've been here 6 years and counting.

Pros

there is alot of chances for career progression

Cons

long days are variable each week, can be draining. However i know its about of my job role

Progressing through Fennies

In September 2014 I started my career at Fennies as a level 3 early years teacher, later on in 2016 I became a room leader to the outside garden room (Creators) and then shortly after I was given the opportunity to extend my professional development by going to the bigger pre-school room, this was a exciting new chapter for me that has now lead me to become more confident in my role leading a bigger room and then in 2019 becoming a third in charge for the nursery. Working for Fennies has been a great opportunity for me and is the best place to work, the management team have given lots of support throughout my professional development and I feel like I am part of the family here and everyone works well with one another.

Pros

Family like nursery

Kick started my career!

3 years ago, after always wanting to work with children but not knowing how to get into it I searched on Indeed to see what possibilities were available for me. I went down the apprentice approach with Fennies. The support given through the training was excellent and both my tutor and management team supported me through the time completing my courses. All of the branches come together on training, Christmas party's and this really shows a family bond within the company. From starting as an apprentice I have worked up to complete both my Level 2 & Level 3 in childcare, received a promotion as a Deputy Room Leader and now more recently a Room Leader. I have had nothing but positive experiences here within the Fennies family and hope to continue to grow in my career.

Pros

A real family vibe

Great place to further your development and career.

From starting at Kings Hall road as an apprentice I have been giving opportunities to gain experience as well and further develop my professional development, I have found this very rewarding and useful to gain my knowledge and experience from an apprentice to working as part of the management team. I have come along way in the 4 years I have been apart of Fennies and I will continue to grow within my role.

Excellent company and a family vibe.

I have currently been working for Fennies for almost 6 years. Fennies has been a welcoming family from the beginning it has allowed me to gain many life skills and knowledge to further my development. Fennies have always shown support in my higher education and have giving me opportunities to progress since I first started. Fennies Beckenham for me is a home from home feel and a family atmosphere. I have worked at a previously nursery in Croydon and felt uneasy and disappointed about the industry. Fennies has brought my passion back!!

Best job ever!

This a wonderful company to work for, so commited to providing the highest standards of early childhood education, and they really value and look after their staff. The nurseries and resources are top quality, and every aspect of the care and education is research based. The training they provide is amazing and this really is a great place if you want to develop professionally - there are lots of routes for career progression. There is a great focus on intersting approaches which support teaching and children's learning, for example, The Curiosity Approach, Communication Friendly Spaces and In the Moment Planning.

Pros

Great team to work with

Great Company to work for

I have worked for Fennies for just under five years, and I absolutely love working for them. I have been given great opportunities for training throughout the years. I have worked for three of the nurseries and each one of them have taught me something different which I can use in the future to progress in my career.

Pros

Training, Amazing senior team

Passionate and Supportive

I started as Apprentice and I am now Level 3 qualified. Fennies have been amazing with supporting me through my training and have helped me to get to where I am in my career. We all work closely together as a team and I feel really lucky to work somewhere that is like having a second family.

Pros

Free training