Fennies

Fennies Management reviews

Working in Fennies is very fast-paced you’ll never be bored as there’s always something to do, at times it can be very stressful but the children and the bonds you form with them definitely make it worth while. When you have a good team to work with it’s a lovely place to work but there are times when it can be the complete opposite. Management aren’t always the best to work with but are okay at times.
This company has very high staff turn over, with very few loyal staff remaining. It sadly lost its sight of what is the core of childcare, the care of children. Sadly It cares for nothing other than making money and meeting legal requirements and won’t go above and beyond. They put on a good front but behind the scenes, all staff are replaceable so are told to shut up and get on or leave. They don’t take safeguarding seriously, staff talk inappropriately in front of children and mangers do nothing. Staff are lucky if they’re a managers favourite. Staff are paid differently, less qualified being paid more than senior staff. Managers come and go just as much as the rest of the staff. Staff work long hours, pay penny’s and with very little thank yous. Staff are passionate and caring but not looked after. Honestly it’s one to miss, worst company to work for, much better ones out there.
Pros
Caring and passionate staff
Cons
Salary, lack of care for staff, unprofessional
The staff is very selfish and management only like certain staff and won’t support everyone. Staff get away with stuff they shouldn’t. No care for staff.
Pros
Children
Cons
Management and staff
As a new A pprentice fennies I am really enjoying my time , My colleagues and the company as a whole have be friendly and supportive . With in the nurse all pupils diverse needs and safety are taking it to account along side there , physical , social , emotional and intellectual development. Overall fennies is a lovely place to work with a high amount of training provided A strong management team and many career prospects .
Pros
Support colleagues and management
I have worked for Fennies for over 3 years. In the short space of time I have been with the company I have worked my way up to a Management position. The staff team I work with are very lovely, we have both male and female staff and openly welcome a wide diversity of people to come and work with us. Although the hours are sometimes long, I have chosen to dedicate my time and energy into bringing up the next generation, and nothing is more rewarding.
Pros
A family orientated staff team
I have been working for Fennies since 2008. Fennies as a company are very supportive, they encourage you to work your way up within your role. All Fennies work well together and staff are so friendly. I have recently moved from one Fennies to another to further my career and i got welcomed with open arms, the team was very friendly and the nursery has a great atmosphere. Management work closely with staff to support their apprenticeships or any work they need help with. They try to be as accommodating as possible to ensure each member of staff is treated well and feels valued. Fennies have lots of benefits from, Christmas party, training paid for, employee of the month. For example two of our lovely ladies at Epsom recently won a Helicopter Trip with bubbly for winning employee of the month.
Pros
training / friendly
Working for Fennies is like working with a family. Childcare is not the easiest job but when you have a good strong caring team working alongside you it becomes so much more than a job. A working day at Fennies consists of fun activities, team work and a friendly atmosphere. Management are always willing to help their team members and treat us with respect. Fennies have provided many opportunities for development within the company and always look for those within to move up in their roles..
Pros
staff, Training, friendly
I joined Fennies in October 2013 the change in atmosphere and general vibe around the nursery has improved massively. When joining Fennies I was unqualified and was given the chance to gain both my level 2 and 3 within the company. This me to progress within the company starting as an apprentice and now a room leader. The most enjoyable part of job is helping and seeing the children progress throughout the time they are in our care. The management team have been very supportive and robust in their practices. I feel my time at Fennies is worthwhile in supporting and furthering my carer. I've been here 6 years and counting.
Pros
there is alot of chances for career progression
Cons
long days are variable each week, can be draining. However i know its about of my job role
In September 2014 I started my career at Fennies as a level 3 early years teacher, later on in 2016 I became a room leader to the outside garden room (Creators) and then shortly after I was given the opportunity to extend my professional development by going to the bigger pre-school room, this was a exciting new chapter for me that has now lead me to become more confident in my role leading a bigger room and then in 2019 becoming a third in charge for the nursery. Working for Fennies has been a great opportunity for me and is the best place to work, the management team have given lots of support throughout my professional development and I feel like I am part of the family here and everyone works well with one another.
Pros
Family like nursery
3 years ago, after always wanting to work with children but not knowing how to get into it I searched on Indeed to see what possibilities were available for me. I went down the apprentice approach with Fennies. The support given through the training was excellent and both my tutor and management team supported me through the time completing my courses. All of the branches come together on training, Christmas party's and this really shows a family bond within the company. From starting as an apprentice I have worked up to complete both my Level 2 & Level 3 in childcare, received a promotion as a Deputy Room Leader and now more recently a Room Leader. I have had nothing but positive experiences here within the Fennies family and hope to continue to grow in my career.
Pros
A real family vibe
since working for Fennies I have become level 2 qualified and I am currently studying my level 3 in childcare. throughout my Fennies experience I have also took a challenge of becoming a deputy room leader. I enjoy my time here and have become more confident in myself, the Fennies team are like a family, the management show a massive support and will continue to support your success and help you thrive.
Pros
family feel working enviroment
Cons
From starting at Kings Hall road as an apprentice I have been giving opportunities to gain experience as well and further develop my professional development, I have found this very rewarding and useful to gain my knowledge and experience from an apprentice to working as part of the management team. I have come along way in the 4 years I have been apart of Fennies and I will continue to grow within my role.
Management have clear favourites, if they don’t like you you will get pushed out. Such a major turn over of staff, all staff including managers openly slag off other staff- even if not relating to work. There’s no fair system in place, some will get disaplinarys for breathing while others could get away with murder. Only employee full time staff and they’re knackered cause of the long hours (open 6am-7pm)
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Nasty
I worked at Fennies for a couple of years. Loved the children to bits but some of the staff were bullies and management never really did anything about it. Management were also rude and had favourtism towards certain staff. Salarys were ridiculous they didnt even recognise my age. The staff turnover is insane, so many people left due to management. When I first worked there we got toil for overtime but then they changed rules to that so that we couldnt leave early anymore. I would get shouted at even if I was doing my best. Even if i was unwell or others youd have to work the whole day. If someone said they were ill the grief received was not nice. Overall I wouldnt recommend it, youd either be very lucky and be liked but even then they might pick on you at somepoint. Or like most of us be trodden all over and treated badly
Pros
Children
Cons
Bad management, nasty staff, bad pay
Not a good place to work to many to face employers mangers dont do nothing but sit all day and dont help the satff when they need help.make up lies about people for there own gain
Pros
Cons
To face people and liars