Fennies

Fennies Pay & benefits reviews

This company has very high staff turn over, with very few loyal staff remaining. It sadly lost its sight of what is the core of childcare, the care of children. Sadly It cares for nothing other than making money and meeting legal requirements and won’t go above and beyond. They put on a good front but behind the scenes, all staff are replaceable so are told to shut up and get on or leave. They don’t take safeguarding seriously, staff talk inappropriately in front of children and mangers do nothing. Staff are lucky if they’re a managers favourite. Staff are paid differently, less qualified being paid more than senior staff. Managers come and go just as much as the rest of the staff. Staff work long hours, pay penny’s and with very little thank yous. Staff are passionate and caring but not looked after. Honestly it’s one to miss, worst company to work for, much better ones out there.
Pros
Caring and passionate staff
Cons
Salary, lack of care for staff, unprofessional
I have been working for Fennies since 2008. Fennies as a company are very supportive, they encourage you to work your way up within your role. All Fennies work well together and staff are so friendly. I have recently moved from one Fennies to another to further my career and i got welcomed with open arms, the team was very friendly and the nursery has a great atmosphere. Management work closely with staff to support their apprenticeships or any work they need help with. They try to be as accommodating as possible to ensure each member of staff is treated well and feels valued. Fennies have lots of benefits from, Christmas party, training paid for, employee of the month. For example two of our lovely ladies at Epsom recently won a Helicopter Trip with bubbly for winning employee of the month.
Pros
training / friendly
I have worked in many nurseries and Fennies is one of the best companies I have joined. Yes, the job is hard but the support I receive is great. The hours are long but this is to be expected when you are supporting working parents. Benefits are good, pay is good, staff are happy and make the workplace fun. Staff receive monthly presents to say thank you for their hard work. Premises are beautiful and modern.
Pros
Wonderful building, happy team
Cons
Worked here for 5 years they has been a lot of changes. I wouldn't say it a good company to work for I got badly treat at some of the nurseries as a bank staff member. I would get shout at for no reason and got rush to do things.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, too face people
I worked at Fennies for a couple of years. Loved the children to bits but some of the staff were bullies and management never really did anything about it. Management were also rude and had favourtism towards certain staff. Salarys were ridiculous they didnt even recognise my age. The staff turnover is insane, so many people left due to management. When I first worked there we got toil for overtime but then they changed rules to that so that we couldnt leave early anymore. I would get shouted at even if I was doing my best. Even if i was unwell or others youd have to work the whole day. If someone said they were ill the grief received was not nice. Overall I wouldnt recommend it, youd either be very lucky and be liked but even then they might pick on you at somepoint. Or like most of us be trodden all over and treated badly
Pros
Children
Cons
Bad management, nasty staff, bad pay
it was a long time ago and had its pros and cons, lovely children and staff, long hours, had to set up room,did my level 2 here, help with lunch and sleep time, did paper work
Pros
close to home