Fennies

Fennies Work-life balance reviews

I started Fennies in 2019 as their deputy manager. It’s a fast paced nursery with high expectations. There are times for laughter and jokes which is to be expected working in early years. I have an amazing team who support me and pull together when it’s really needed. The senior managers are on call when you need them and offer a helping hand if you need them. There is room for growth and progression which is a bonus and of course we have some amazing little minds that we have in our care
Pros
Free lunches. Free uniform for both staff and managers. In house training
Cons
Long hours (sometimes). Can be a teeny bit stressful
This company has very high staff turn over, with very few loyal staff remaining. It sadly lost its sight of what is the core of childcare, the care of children. Sadly It cares for nothing other than making money and meeting legal requirements and won’t go above and beyond. They put on a good front but behind the scenes, all staff are replaceable so are told to shut up and get on or leave. They don’t take safeguarding seriously, staff talk inappropriately in front of children and mangers do nothing. Staff are lucky if they’re a managers favourite. Staff are paid differently, less qualified being paid more than senior staff. Managers come and go just as much as the rest of the staff. Staff work long hours, pay penny’s and with very little thank yous. Staff are passionate and caring but not looked after. Honestly it’s one to miss, worst company to work for, much better ones out there.
Pros
Caring and passionate staff
Cons
Salary, lack of care for staff, unprofessional
Working in Fennies is very fast-paced you’ll never be bored as there’s always something to do, at times it can be very stressful but the children and the bonds you form with them definitely make it worth while. When you have a good team to work with it’s a lovely place to work but there are times when it can be the complete opposite. Management aren’t always the best to work with but are okay at times.
Fennies is a very loving, caring and nurturing company that has every child best interest at heart and care about every child development. Fennies offers amazing opportunities. Fennies also gives away loads of offers in childcare which are very reasonable and have very competitive salaries. When joining a Fennies branch nursery there is always a family atmosphere that offers that home away from home vibe for children and staff.
Pros
Competitive salaries
Cons
Can’t think of any
I’ve worked at Fennies since Oct 2018, initially based in baby room after a brief career change. I’ve managed to progress successfully and am now a room leader of the toddler room which I love! Staff are a good laugh, with a good bank staff team behind us to. Staff turnover is a bit up and down, but that’s just the way the cookie crumbles in private nursery life unfortunately!
Pros
Good career progression and training opportunities
Cons
Long/extended hours at times
I have worked for Fennies for 2 years and love it. The atmosphere within the nursery is always positive and upbeat. The company support you to further your professional development. My team within Epsom are amazing and it is a joy to come to work every day. Salaries are competitive with local nurseries.
Pros
staff, Training, friendly
In September 2014 I started my career at Fennies as a level 3 early years teacher, later on in 2016 I became a room leader to the outside garden room (Creators) and then shortly after I was given the opportunity to extend my professional development by going to the bigger pre-school room, this was a exciting new chapter for me that has now lead me to become more confident in my role leading a bigger room and then in 2019 becoming a third in charge for the nursery. Working for Fennies has been a great opportunity for me and is the best place to work, the management team have given lots of support throughout my professional development and I feel like I am part of the family here and everyone works well with one another.
Pros
Family like nursery
3 years ago, after always wanting to work with children but not knowing how to get into it I searched on Indeed to see what possibilities were available for me. I went down the apprentice approach with Fennies. The support given through the training was excellent and both my tutor and management team supported me through the time completing my courses. All of the branches come together on training, Christmas party's and this really shows a family bond within the company. From starting as an apprentice I have worked up to complete both my Level 2 & Level 3 in childcare, received a promotion as a Deputy Room Leader and now more recently a Room Leader. I have had nothing but positive experiences here within the Fennies family and hope to continue to grow in my career.
Pros
A real family vibe
since working for Fennies I have become level 2 qualified and I am currently studying my level 3 in childcare. throughout my Fennies experience I have also took a challenge of becoming a deputy room leader. I enjoy my time here and have become more confident in myself, the Fennies team are like a family, the management show a massive support and will continue to support your success and help you thrive.
Pros
family feel working enviroment
Cons
I have worked in many nurseries and Fennies is one of the best companies I have joined. Yes, the job is hard but the support I receive is great. The hours are long but this is to be expected when you are supporting working parents. Benefits are good, pay is good, staff are happy and make the workplace fun. Staff receive monthly presents to say thank you for their hard work. Premises are beautiful and modern.
Pros
Wonderful building, happy team
Cons
Worked here for 5 years they has been a lot of changes. I wouldn't say it a good company to work for I got badly treat at some of the nurseries as a bank staff member. I would get shout at for no reason and got rush to do things.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, too face people
Management have clear favourites, if they don’t like you you will get pushed out. Such a major turn over of staff, all staff including managers openly slag off other staff- even if not relating to work. There’s no fair system in place, some will get disaplinarys for breathing while others could get away with murder. Only employee full time staff and they’re knackered cause of the long hours (open 6am-7pm)
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Nasty
it was a long time ago and had its pros and cons, lovely children and staff, long hours, had to set up room,did my level 2 here, help with lunch and sleep time, did paper work
Pros
close to home