FGH Security

FGH Security Employee Reviews

United Kingdom86 reviews

securityshiftstafflongteamhourfreefriendly

Brilliant customer facing business

FGH security have been brilliant since I started on a Business Administration Apprenticeship, they provide fantastic personnel development and have very good communications within the levels of the business.

Pros

Personnel development

Cons

Travel

Feel very secure

If you are going through personal issues FGH on a whole are very accommodating and understanding. Working as part of head office and front line varies the work and gives you flexible working hours. There is always room for personal growth at FGH with plenty of training options. There are other major benefits such as Wagestream and a 24hr online GP.

Pros

remote working when need be

Insights into FGH Security

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose

Exceptional place to work

I have worked at FGH Security for over 10 years. I am always paid fairly and on time. Unlike most other security companies, I have lots of opportunities to progress and regularly undertake the free training available. Management are supportive and quick to react to any issues.

Pros

Fair pay. Treated with respect. Supportive management. Good uniform. Great places to work.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

Great part time employer

Working at FGH Security within their north events team has allowed me to continue my studies whilst earning money at some of the best sporting and music events in the North West. I look forward to hopefully working more during the summer festival season.

Pros

Good working hours

Good company

I recently joined FGH and was impressed with the onboarding process. I am new to the industry so I really enjoyed having a company induction before starting. They also have an engagement team that you can contact if you have any questions.

Pros

Friendly team

Demanding but Exciting Work

Thoroughly enjoyed working at HPWW, hope to join the team for the festivals this summer. Fantastic company to work for and a very helpful head office.

Pros

Great Pay

Poor senior management

Very poor and unresponsive senior management, poor pay, uninterested HR department, no job security, no progression. Your treated like your completely disposable and not valued bybthe company whatsoever

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, poor communication from managers

Good selection of jobs

Worked Commonwealth, Glastonbury and many other festivals. Many door shifts to choose from too!! Only issue I have with the company is the poor communication between staff and supervisors.. staff are lucky to get responses out of supervisors.

Pros

Transport (sometimes) free lunch (sometimes) good job selection

Cons

Poor communication with supervisors

Learning Organisation

I am super proud every day of the professionalism, innovation and integrity of all our departments. We are a learning organisation and strive every day to become more proficient and efficient to be the best we can be improve our processes, and therefore the experiences of our front line team members and customers.

Fun staff not so good pay.

Flexible company to work for, great staff culture. However the pay leaves much to be desired. Can earn more sitting at a till in Aldi then risking your life doing security work.

Very unprofessional

A lot of red flags with this companyThey seem to have trouble paying their doormen’s wages on time even tho they claim to offer £12.50 p/h. Their quality of staff is beyond woeful apart from a select few experienced doormen - the rest are extremely unprofessional. Turning up late to work, overruling each other on numerous occasions, awful communication, too scared to take action if there’s a kick off inside the bar and generally creating a dangerous atmosphere to be in for workers and customers alike. The managers at head office are very good at talking their way out of situations like not paying wages properly, looking after their staff. As well as this, FGH only have 1 door contract in Yorkshire with a chain of bars so there isn’t much work available a lot of the time, hence why they can’t seem to keep good doormen on their books. To conclude, I would avoid this company at all costs and go to a place like professional security, true group etc. where you will be around good doormen who you can learn from and be safe around, have more working opportunities whilst also getting paid properly and looked after by them :)

Pros

£12.50 p/h wage, up-market clean bars with friendly customers, good for a beginner to get started in a chill environment and get some experience on the doors

Cons

Pay isn’t always correct on portal, low retention rate, unprofessional team that are rarely doing their jobs correctly, not a lot of work available

Relaxed Workplace, Experienced

FGH Security was the first company I was recruited by after receiving my SIA Badge, the people are friendly and the venues are a great, also the event work too.

Awful

Worked Manchester Pride Festival 2018 absoluetly awful i had no training no information was given out i got repremanded for allowing people with vip passes through to the vip area because they didnt have wrist bands but nobody told me about the wristbands then following the pride festival i tried to work an event in liverpool i was unable to locate the area and the lady incharge of my group andswered the phone with a horrible attitude so in all the other stewards/ security staff are nice its the higher ups that are useless and unhelpful towards new staff.Food was also supposed ti be provided as we were stood for 6+ hours and no such food was provided nor were ear plugs as they said it would be provided neither was the fgh jacket i was supposed to be provided nor the hivis

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Awful superiors, not providing the good promised

Better than the rest

I work for a few security companies and fgh is by far the best. Rate of pay changes but the minimum is still descent. Only problem is you can travel quite far for shifts sometimes. Management actually cares.

Pros

Management, rate of pay

Cons

Travel to events can be long

Best Security Company

Best security company I have ever worked for. Good support from management, plenty of shifts to pick up. Good free training and development. Able to drawdown 50% of wage early with wage stream after your shift.

Poor company to work for

Don't get paid on time Poor management Never listen to staff feedback All the good staff leave Poor pay ratesPure shirt fillersCompletely money oriented No staff welfare

Great company to work for

FGH are a good company to work for. Free uniform and an app where you can choose which shifts you want to work. Management are helpful and supportive. I currently work at Lpool Philharmonic and have a great team around me. FGH also provide free training and good progression opportunities. Overall a great company to work for.Wagestream is available to advance up to 40% of wages.

Pros

Wagestream, supportive team, free uniform

Lads culture, us Vs them.

Unless you're a part of the group, you just get used and booted at the first opportunity. Left years ago but it pushed me into a worth while career path instead of crowd management.

Not too bad.

Had a great time good stop gap. Would definitely reccomend to someone who doesn’t mind putting the hours in. Better than most door firms out there. Had a lovely time.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Some not good staff

Great environment

FGH is obviously 0 Hour contract but every managment team member I spoke to and worked with was great. If you're willing to do the jon it's the perfect place for you. Hopefully will have more contracts in London but great company to work for

Pros

Many shifts

Cons

Long shifts

Staff are friendly very helpful

Best security company I worked for. Plenty of work Available for anyone who's willing to do them. Management is great,I'd definitely return if I want to work in this sector again.

Pros

Local work

Cons

Monthly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FGH Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement