Fife Council

Fife Council Employee Reviews

Fife council were okay employers, but didn’t listen when you had concerns about a service user,always said they would look into it, also if you had problems with service user or families very slow to do anything about problem ,managers just seemed to be not interested as long as you done your job
Pros
Cons
Long hours, pushing more work onto you when your rots was full
Easy enough job, easy to pick up and carry out tasks. Co workers were good and pace of work was fine. Job security was fine until 2 years of service when they have to offer you a full time contract. Was promised a contract until Upper management changed in last week of my contract.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Just a number
Many experiences around the company to be had. Further training and acheivement available. Support on hand for staff. Many training opportunities give
Pros
Nearby
Cons
Can be moved around
What a great job, Working with the Provost and Deputy Provost of the Council, taking them to places that I would normally be unable to access, Hours were sometimes late, sometimes weekend work, but that was the needs and requirements of the job.
Pros
Good people to work for
Cons
Sometimes anti-social hours.
good job but budget cuts are affecting the serive provision. You have to work 3 years before you get a contact. So you have to worry every year if you will be kept on
Not a good employer.....fail to follow/implement areas of employment law (workers rights etc e.g. Equality Act) simply because it’s too expensive or doesn’t suit them too.
I worked for Fife Coucil for 16years as a carer great in house training, then went on to be Home Care Coordinatos which was a great experience but with the changes Managers moving out office, and coordiators expected to pick up some of their workload. It started to lose the human touch.
Pros
Job and hours are good however the management and full time staff treat seasonal workers like dirt. Nepatism is rife as is favouritism. Hard work does not get you anywhere
Pros
Hours
Cons
Colleagues
Good place to work Good team work outside which may not be for all but I like it. Been a good job especially with this Covid 19 virus around But a bin man is a key worker and has given me good experience of doing the role as it is a temporary role at present Hopefully a perminent position will come up
Pros
Guaranteed work
Cons
Job for life well looked after Great working conditions Looking after clients and contractors. Working with different dept in fife council Holidays and pension
Start at 7 am by putting tools and lawnmowers in the trailer on the van. Management gave orders for the day before you left the yard. More or less cut grass all day long, some times weeding or litter picking too. Never realised there were so many hills in KDY with grass on them. On an average day, I would say most people were happy in their jobs and most people got on well with each other.
Good place to work ... if you work hard and safely you will get treated with respect from management and your fellow workers ! You will be given all your PPE you will need so you can work safeely .
Pros
If you work hard and keep your nose clean you will have a job for life !
Cons
Working outdoors can be very cold and wet and stressful in bad weather !
Challenging at times due to bureaucracy and slower pace in terms of innovation but rewarding all the same. Feel like you are adding value. met a lot of fantastic people.
Pros
Flexi Time, Working From Home, Office 365 - Anytime/Anywhere
Cons
Lack of innovation, lack of forward thinking, public sector mentality
I have learnt so much within my time working with fife council. I have taken on board more leadership roles which has impacted on my overall skill set and qualities. I have been given lots of opportunities to attend interviews and achieve and challenge more within my practice.
The teams I have been based in are very supportive. Often share the same values as myself. Love being able to help the young people I support, as its rewarding to be able to help another person achieve their goals.
Home care there isn’t a typical day, every day was a challenge as I was attending people with all different styles of illness but very rewarding as helping rebuild independence
At the moment I'm off work due to health reasons. I have had excellent support from my manager. My experience with fife council has always been very positive. Excellent opportunities.
There is a lot of chances for training to better your professional practice. These are provided via Fife Council and are encouraged through the management.
Brilliant job easy going good hours hard working people always there to lend a helping hand. Good pay for the work you did always had to get your job done for a certain time worth the wait
The work placement is fine the staff are friendly easy to get on with. Salary is ok for the job that do. Life balance is ok for the morning job and hard working
To work for Gife council is quite an easy relaxing job depending on which area you chose to apply for. I was a cleaner and it was hardworking and all about helping as part of a team.
  1. Employee reviews