Financial Conduct Authority

Financial Conduct Authority: 32 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews

Friendly environment to work in, easy to talk to employees at all levels of the organisation irrespective of your position. Senior members of staff are approachable and friendly, easy to collaborate with teams across the organisation. Roles offer challenging workstreams, great job satisfaction.

Nasty work environment.

Dog eat dog culture. Lots of ‘dead wood’ entrenched in senior management positions. The authorisations department is know to have a particularly ‘toxic’ culture.

Cons

Unhelpful, uncaring culture

Insights into Financial Conduct Authority

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Unhappy Experience

Minimal job shadowing and no formal training programme given at the start of employment, but was expected to be able to execute the job efficiently on par with a long term employee - tall order! Even more of a shocker, after being there a couple of months I was expected to take on additional specialist duties I was not qualified to do (in a paralegal capacity) Outcome: Long story short; had to receive Counselling from the experience.

Nice office in london

Room for progression if you know how to, work load is manageable very process driven In places. Team dynamics are good very nice people around the building.

Too much change too quickly, poor progression prospects

Worked here for 12 years. Organisational culture has changed for the worst over the past 5 years, lost its humanity, everyone is just a number. Poor progression prospects, lack of mentoring, too much instability and constant changes to structures and management creates a very uneasy, cold and unstable work environment.Work/life balance is good however.

Once upon a time….

It was a good place to work once but now going down the drains. Hours are stretched and most teams are short staffed. Everyone is struggling but management doesn’t seem to care. There is no empathy for staff from management. Staff morale is at all time low due to recent pay cuts and the current transformation programme. I don’t see things getting any better given the transformation programme is going to last for next 3 years. I can only see more people leaving the FCA.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, no bonus, ridiculous management.

Solid firm to work for

Interesting work. Given responsibility and feel part of the team. Flexible working hours. Great people. Beautiful office. Gym. Subsidised restaurant. Great view of London Near Westfield

Pros

office is fantastic, location accessible from most areas. Good work life bal

Cons

Stratford isnt the nicest area

A Great Place to work because of the people that worked there

My Role at the FCA was always going to be a challenging one. The work culture was very dated and it took nearly 6 years to show any improvement. The reason why I stayed so long was, the people that worked there. They made the going into the office and the work itself a whole lot easier and more enjoyable. I was there for 9 years in total and that was because, although I didn't really enjoy the role, the people made up for it. Thankfully as I left things were starting to improve in terms of the Working Culture and environment so I think if your considering it, then go for it.

Productive and fun workplace

Enjoyed it all! Always kept busy with new and important work. Very technologically advanced, good monitor setups with a nice and healthy working environment.

Productive and opportunities to develop skills

Great place to work, flexible working approach, opportunities to enhance skills. The management is very helpful. There is also a sense of job security and provides excellent benefits.

Great work life balance and challenging work

Really enjoyed working at the FCA due to the varied challenging work and great, insightful individuals who you work with. The FCA are always keeping up with the times as it needs to regulates banks and new policies therefore you’ll always find yourself working on something that makes a change in the industry / forward looking.

Very Professional and good work ethic.

From training at beginning of employment all the way through employment great support from colleagues and excellent management. Everyone included in social activities.

The hardest part of the job

The hardest part of the job was when we had to do a presentation on how the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) could improve there advertising to young children. We had to use our initiative to find out what current social media they used and how they could add to it and make more. We then showed this in a PowerPoint presentation. It was nerve racking presenting to the higher status people in the FCA.

Better than fost financial organisations

FCA has a good structure, with good processes and procedures in place, although they have changed over the years, and some are not all for the better.

Work Experience

I only did work experience and so feel unable to give a proper review of the company.However it was an enjoyable experience and give me an insight to many parts of financial conduct.

Very nice people

Had a lot of work experience and good training as a corporate security officer. Was also had the opportunity to learn some skills. The team spirit was great. The chief security manager gave me a lot of opportunities.

Productive and fun workplace

It was great working in FCA as an IAM Solution Architect I was responsible for providing all IAM related technical solution, design and deliverables for Gabriel security. In this project I was involved in: • Analyzed the current setup and provided the GAP analysis • Proposed the ToBe solution and providing the PoC for majorly the below 2 requirement: O Integration of CAPTCHA with OAM & OIM for Forgot Password feature O Customizing the OOB ADF task flow of unauthenticated flow of self registration page to add automated email containing one time use, unique and time expiry link for OIM forgot password feature, • Providing the solution design and other technical deliverables. • Solved the critical ongoing IAM related issues. This was great work experience.

Great place, Great Bonus, Great People

The FCA has a real talented bunch of people. The management team drive improvements and encourage people to progress and provide the platform to do so. They have a bonus structure which I feel is very fair and gives you huge incentives to perform throughout the whole year. The work life balance is brilliant also.

Pros

The building is brand new, the people are brilliant.

Cons

None.

Learn and leave

High staff turnover as people come here to learn the basics and then go into industry for better paid roles - management are mediocre and backwards, poor leadership

Good place to work. Learned alot from peer. Focus always on new technology. Great people around to motivate. Lot of training material available. All in all great place to work

Fun and Friendly Environment.

The FCA in general has a relaxed and friendly environment in addition to focusing on each individuals needs and requirements for a balanced and healthy work life. This is one of the reasons I enjoy working at the FCA as they are highly supportive in ways of working/flexible working. It is important each individual can benefit from flexible working to suit life at home too. I do however feel that the FCA aren't particularly rewarding to their staff. We have good benefits but in general the social side to work, getting together as a company or even down to divisions are limited. The rewards are very basic and I do not believe staff are praised enough for the positive.

Pros

Flexible working.

Cons

Basic rewards, no great incentives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Financial Conduct Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement