Fine Lady Bakeries

Fine Lady Bakeries Employee Reviews

Not the most forth coming in providing you with information if your not experienced or new to the bakery profession. As I was employed as PPM engineer and had been in industry for 50 years it was no problem
Pros
Ubsidised canteen and provided tools and overauls
Cons
Good shift pattern
What an awful place to work. Would not recommend this place to anyone. Surprised the place is still open. As an experienced engineer working in other large company’s I was very surprised at how the place was run
Pros
Salary is better than other places
Cons
Where do you start, No one talks to each other, everyone just walks round and looks the other way, Management are extremely poor
Working as part of a time management to hand to help but if you are not a team play or can't even do the basic engineering skills you will not fit in here. Engineering team all get on and help each other nice relaxing work environment.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Only vending machines in canteen
Been here for a while now and find the work place a great environment to work in. The staff, generally, are very friendly and will take to you regardless of which department you work in. The Engineering Management team is supportive day or night and can easily be contacted for help if the need arises.The Engineering team is willing to help everyone and actually works as a team and not just a collection of individuals.
Pros
Supportive Management.
Cons
Small canteen, needs more food options.
Overall a good company to work for. Majority of the people are friendly approachable and helpful. This includes the vast majority of management. You dont just feel like an employee number working here. Within the engineering department the whole team is helpful. The majority will teach and support anyone who is willing. Management team are fantastic and they are happy to help and offer support anytime day or night.
fun work place and great staff. great place too work and very friendly staff during covid 19 they provided us with all the correct and right ppe. health and safety friendly
The engineering manager thinks he’s in the 40s screaming at people, has no idea how to do the job or be a manager would seriously never never recommend this place unless the management changes, I heard one manager say I haven’t got rid of anyone this month so I’m gonna make it my mission this week, absolutely worst place I’ve ever worked
I enjoyed working for fine lady bakery and would go back there without a doubt. The team that I worked with were great and I always enjoyed my time working there.
Nice place to work, clean and tidy with good facilities. Staff friendly and the bosses nice too. Nothing really hard about the job but interesting place to work.
The only good thing about this site is one day it will burn down. Not enough space to write a full review. But i broke my my foot and they effectively forced me to work. Didn't care that i could hardly walk and they took my crutch off me as it was food contamination hazard. Id put out more fires than i have ever in my whole life in the space of a few months. they don't care about their staff. They wouldn't give me light duties, they didn't provide the correct PPE on multiple requests. The site is a massive hazard and the managment put peoples lives in jepordy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fine Lady Bakeries?
Started 4 weeks back, nice place to work, I’ve been trained from the top of the process down to the bottom. I never knew jobs existed like this it’s a world away from some of the agency jobs I’ve had to do. The interview is a written test but it’s easy and well explained so don’t panic they’re nice guys and just want you to understand to ensure your thinking safety about being clean as your making breadand being safe.
I was given more and more daily jobs to do on a daily basis kept very busy all the time . I had regular contact with people and management daily . Becaause of this day went so fast
Like most comments on here nice place to work with a nice bunch of guys - mostly men given the 12 hours shifts days and nights. Would get more women if they did just days shifts on slicing. Better pay and conditions then my other jobs. Job easy too - not to hard checking dates and watching over machinery slicing the bread and placing it in a bag so ideal for women on the slicing end. Nice and clean too. Lots of overtime if you like it or not - you don't have to do any.
Pros
Secure parking with gatehouse and barriers so you feel safe at night and early morning
Cons
none really except would like to do just a day shift on slicing
Left here about 6 weeks back, enjoyed my time, good people and good facilities. Job is easy and you allowed to get on with your job and manage yourself, good breaks. TV in canteen, free toast but only vending machines with microwaves and hot water on tap to make your own brew. Good changing rooms with lockers and showers too. Gain the skills and time to move onto a better job rather a more responsible job with better pay. But miss the place as its a great atmosphere to work.
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
Finally have a management team who know what their doing. Seeing improvements which is making the job easier, they listen and act and involve you now, first name terms and the top managers are willing to get their hands dirty and make other managers too. Good parking, long shifts 12 hours, 4 days then 4 days off then 4 nights etc.
Pros
Nice friendly workforce, free bread and good secure parking
Cons
Limited opportunities to progress as people stay.
New management come in to the business with the wrong attitude and forced several managers out of the business. People were forced out to make way for new friends (of the management)
Pros
free bread
Cons
Poor work life relationship
My job requires me to load vehicles of the correct bread for each destination during my shift and to make sure the loading bays clean and tidy
Cons
Continental shifts
I am a sincere person, if you do not like something say it bluntly, I love working, I do not like people who are racist. I like not to scream around me, especially when I work. I like to be clean and order in my job. And I like to learn new stuff.
Not too bad, but could be better. Well organised, well-maintained vehicles, technical support.Very friendly colleagues . Good place to work.
GSI commerce were a picking and packing firm I was agency there also with the work not being a full week. It was a nice environment to work a couple old school friends worked there which made it quite easier when I started.
In this job you will be working alone for 12 hours a day running two machines alone. Which includes checking the quality of the bread and disposing of any product that doesn't meet the required standard of the customer. You also half to change the frames to cut the bread at the width which the customer request and change the blades every shift. As well as this you need to change the bags for the different products, tape, the date, setting on the machine the metal detector settings and unload the basket loader at the end of each run. Also do checks every 30 minutes to make sure the metal detector is rejecting all products correctly, do the paper work and keep your area clean at all times.
Cons
long hours, one person doing a two man job, no help.
  1. Employee reviews