Finest Dental

Finest Dental Management reviews

Clear

Young start up doing well

Really cool team and on a daily bases I would do business development and account management. The team grew well and the management were very supportive.

Great company to work for

I started with Finest Dental last Summer as a treatment coordinator. My experience has been nothing but good! If you do your job well you get noticed. The people are amazing management are really nice you can speak to them about anything very friendly. The recent negative issues has come from being paid late once only & that was by a few days. We have NEVER not been paid they always pay on time. Staff are also paid really well.

Rewarding company to work for..

I have worked at Finest Dental for the last 2 years and loved every moment of it. Finest Dental will always recognise hard working employees and rewarding them accordingly, for example I original started as a new bookings coordinator and have worked my way up through the company to the Customer Care department. Management are always on hand to help and are really supportive.

Terrible company

Employees and self employed staff don't get paid on time. No communication. Constant cancellations of dentist diaries cos they're not paid. No materials to work with. Management bullies and belittles staff. Compliance is a joke and it's amazing they're still in business. One of the practices hasn't had hot water in months, cracked and broken tiles, rubbish piling up cos waste company not paid. Only good thing was the pay but even that's not worth it anymore. Save yourself the stress and find another company to work for

A great company to work for if you enjoy fast paced.

I love working at Finest Dental. Have never had any issues with my pay. Management are good but will require you to think for yourself as well. Are obsessed with exceptional levels of customer service. Not for you if you don't like fast-paced.

Never get paid

This company is a joke they do not pay on time or at all I have had no pay at all over Christmas and everyone just ignores you or shifts the blame . How they still have a business is beyond me stay clear .

Worst company ever

This is the worst possible company you could ever work for. Not only is there bullying in the work place mainly lead by the sales manager. There is no patient care or staff care. Don’t worry about salary as you won’t ever receive your money! Breaking nearly every CQC requirements. totally unethical. A number of court cases filed against this company. Run while you can!

Staff are great, management is poor

I enjoyed my time at finest dental due to the staff apart from that I wouldn’t recommend this job. Complaints are ridiculous management are useless and will ignore obvious on going issues within the company. Haven’t been paid on time for Christmas... still waiting for my pay which is a totally joke. No one takes responsibility!!

An actual constructive review

So where to begin. I started working for Finest Dental in November 2017 ad a treatment coordinator for Milton Keynes. My background has always been sales and the main thing that attracted me to Finest Dental was the fact it seemed like a unique career path at the time, a new challenge for me and I saw from the research I did prior to the interview that this dental company was growing rapidly and I wanted to be a part of something great. At first it was daunting as I was completely out of my comfort zone but was excited for the challenge. The support I had at the time was incredible. I had a very supportive practice manager who took her time to get me to a standard she felt was perfect before putting me in front of patients, which shows absolute pride in the company. The managers above and specially the directors have also been great to me. Our main director has invested his time into me, helped me so much not just from a job point of few but also personal and that for me is immense to know that I’m not just a goldfish In the big sea swimming with sharks. Finest dental is all about respect and trust. You put your heart and sole into your work I promise you you get rewarded. I became one of 3 regional sales manager for Finest Dental and I only got there because of management working along side me to boost my skills and ability to take on more responsibly. They believe in you if you believe in them. I couldn’t imagine working for any other company and this review so far sounds too good to be true! Of course there are negatives. There is not one company on this planet -

Good salary however not worth working for.

You are left to get on with it so there is virtually no support. I was left on my own many times of an evening so this posed a security risk for myself which nobody cared about. They would not maintain any of the equipment or plumbing issues even if you send management photos as evidence. I had to go to B&Q to purchase tape do patch up jobs just so that I could use the suction without it falling off every 5 minutes. There was a blown extension lead under a leaking sink and they would not get anybody to come out and address it so therefore it posed a threat to our lives worrying if we would get electrocuted or not. The hand wash sink had to be used to clean instruments for months which was not ideal. The manager at the time was very nice although her hands were tied as she had to manage too many sites. I only saw her once and that was at the interview. I was getting increasingly fed up as when you went to do an order for materials online, items you once ordered disappeared so you was eventually only able to order basis items. For what is supposed to be a private practice they are cheekily only providing NHS materials. The sales reps agreed that they are only using products that NHS practices use. I heard that the business owner has no experience in dentistry and this definitely shows. Hes obviously only money driven by trying to make a quick buck by cheating and cutting corners. I would avoid working for corporates like this if you can help it as they do not care about you or the practice.

Avoid at all costs

I have worked for this company for a while and the directors have no regard for employees. Staff do their best with no director or support. No one is ever paid correctly or at all. I could list 100's of reasons why not to work for this company but I can't think of a single reason why you should. Unfortunately current staff aren't able to walk away from a "paying" job no matter how bad the employer is.

stay away this is factory dentistry

I have worked for one day only and thanks God! I have been appointed to work as a temporary dentist in the branch at Liverpool Street. Although I have good experience in Invisalign treatments which I offer on a regular basis in my dental practice I have found very difficult to do the same in this practice and at high risk to generate complaints. Patients are not seen on time because the company keeps slot of 15 min for every single patient. Only a few times patients have slots for 30 min. The scheduled time is insufficient to treat patients in a decent way. If you are also a temporary dentist like me is even worse as you do not know the dental equipment, dental software, dental staff and more importantly the treatments for every patient. To know the treatments for every patient you first need to get access into the invisalign software and it takes some minutes. Unfortunately patients do not know all of that. They seat on a chair with 30 min delay as the dentist is late, they see a new face which makes them uncomfortable and start think you are not confident in Invisalign treatments. This is not true. Every dentist who works for this company as myself is an invisalign provider with training. I have never seen so many patients with so many lost attachments. I believe this is due to the lack of time allowed to every dentist. I also noticed to all patients I had that after placement of attachments the excess of material is not removed. It means you will collect more plaque and also treatment is affected as the aligners do not engage correctly on teeth. Of course it is -

Pros

Cons

Management is a disaster, patients treated like animals

Corporate dentistry at its worst

Poor management , broken promises , no bonus ( don’t believe them for one minute ) withheld pay If you work for them despite this remember you were warned. All positive reviews on here are written by management don’t be fooled - I like many was !

Pros

Salary offered is attractive

Cons

No bonus, long hours, risk to GDC registration

Poor management

No structure, management dont have a clue each person you approach at headoffice do not communicate with eachother. Recruitment team are very terrible at their job. Was not a good experience

Pros

Fancy surgeries

Stay away!!! Warning

Stay away for your own sanity! This company is a complete disaster, they treat patients like customers and will force the clinicians to sell invasive unethical treatments to the patients. Their moto is "if we don't sell it to the patient, someone else will", as their CEO once put it "Finestdental is a sales company". The senior management of the company is out of reach and will deliberately ignore any emails and phone calls if and when a problem arises. There is NO bonus, NO increase in salary. They will keep your retention at the end without any explanation, this is usually one to two months FULL salary. They have a high dentist and dental nurse turnover, which is understandable as no one in their right mind would be able to work there for a long period of time. Be warned that they have a high patient complaint list due to the way they push their clinicians to sell invasive treatments and the sales team overselling unnecessary treatments. This is by far the worst company I've worked for during my many years of experience. Simply put, STAY AWAY!

Pros

They have dental chairs?!

Cons

The list is too long

Official response from Finest Dental

26 March 2019
After reading these comments it deeply saddens me to realise that previously we have employed people with such little respect and backbone, that they are unable to approach one of the many managers or senior staff in order to air their feedback. The only blow bigger than allowing these people into the company in the first place is the fact that 90% of their feedback is fictitious or slanderous depending on the ambitions of the particular individual. I will start by adding some perspective around Finest Dental, we are a company with over 150 members of staff currently employed, so to only have 10 disgruntled reviews isn’t too bad. Are we perfect ? No. But at east we’re honest about it and we try to improve where we can. In regards to being a sales company….. that couldn’t be further from the truth. Our dentists are on a fixed day rate no matter how many consultations they see or revenue they generate for the business. We do indeed bonus our dentists on their conversion rates from free consultations to paying patients, this isn’t just about sales its also an indicator of the quality of service they are offering to the patient. There is NO BONUS for achieving revenue for a dentist & the reason for this is because we do not want our dentists to sell unethically to achieve more revenue. If anything this surely makes us a poor sales company…. Or at least an honest one. Backed by our almost 800 Reviews on reviews.co.uk, I’m confident in the treatment we provide and the practitioners that provide it. Fun fact….. most dentists in the UK work on a percentage split, therefore the more -

Excellent Opportunity

2 years and counting, and many more to come. Although Finest Dental has many Practices all over the UK, they take very good care of their employees. I have not only excelled as a professional but also grown as an individual.

Pros

Pay, Management, Professional enrichment

Terrible for a serious clinician

This relatively new micro corporate which started out out as a marketing business that branched out into owning and running dental clinics. Yes, they are busy invisalign provider business, but be prepared for a shock. It is all about daily targets and selling invisalign or implants at any cost, regardless of predisposing factors , unmanaged periodontal conditions etc. The team of dentists is by and large very young, assisted by orthodontic therapists. Whilst the money and lack of lab fees is very attractive, be warned that numerous clinicians have come and gone. Money held as retainers still remains unpaid to many clinicians, all under false pretences. Many patients are unhappy with this high clinical staff turnover and complaints are high. If you value your hard earned dental qualification be very careful and I would urge you NOT too work for this business which trades under names of Finest Dental, Vital Dent, Vital Dental and B&A Group. Also DO NOT believe the false promise of a practice bonus- you will be lucky to receive one as they will do their level best to move the goal posts (like moving monthly sales targets etc) so that they don't have to pay out. If you join them and find this out first hand, when you leave please warn others as I am doing here. They are the most unethical dental business in the UK and its only a matter of time before the GDC close in

Pros

Lots of ortho cases

Cons

Long hours, terrible management, withheld wages

Worst Job I ever had

Please do not work for this company. They will mess you around and will never pay you. They pile all the complaints on your head and you have to deal with upset clients and tell the clients they cannot get any refund. The company treats the customers and its employees like dirt. the supervisor is pathological liar and acts like she is going to sort out the issues but never will. Also remember you will not get paid!

Pros

Cons

everything

Official response from Finest Dental

26 March 2019
To whoever wrote this review (probably after a few glasses of wine when a bit of unsupported slander seems like a great idea). It’s a real shame that you feel the need to write something like this. We have over 150 members of staff that are all paid monthly, contrary to popular belief our staff are unable to work for free, so if we never paid them I’m quite sure we wouldn’t be able to keep them. To clarify all of our staff are paid monthly and on time. We certainly ask all staff to resolve complaints as we like to offer a very high level of customer service. Not every patient who requests a refund is eligible for one as I’m sure is the same in any other industry. Apologies for asking you to do your job and look into this a little further, so we can accurately feed back to the patients. As for your comment about treating staff & customers like dirt. That couldn’t be further from the truth, many of our staff have been here for years and our review rating on reviews.co.uk is 92% with almost 800 reviews, which slightly suggests this is more of an angry rant as opposed to a useful piece of feedback or reference. With regards to your supervisor being a pathological liar, as you have decided not to mention your name or theirs its very hard for me to look into this further, although I will mention if you worked in Potters Bar as you claimed, you probably only been 50 foot away from my office and could have come and sat down with me at any time. My door is always open for a constructive conversation. I must however admit that our induction process for new members of staff was not -

Love Finest dental

I Have worked for Finest dental for over 3 years now, in different sections of the company. from practice management to Lab management. The HO management are always there for you, their happy to help and are always willing to listen to suggestions they make you feel "your view matters" I would recommend this company.

Great Company To Work For!

I have work here for almost 2 years now and I can honestly say the staff and management here are so supportive and friendly. There is so much to learn and have developed my skills and knowledge extensively in such a short time. Although some days can be challenging, they are definitely rewarding. Overall, a good working environment, lovely people and great job satisfaction!

Pros

Salary

Cons

Hours

Worst place I’ve ever worked

Working at finest dental is anyone’s worst nightmare! The management is horrendous, staff are played against each other, patients are treated poorly and dentist are expected to produce treatment that is constantly incorrect by the “in house lab”. It is the most toxic work environment you could possibly work in. Practice managers sit there watching Netflix instead of dealing with the tremendous amount of patient complains that are received on a daily basis and the continuous problems from staff who are under ridiculous amounts of pressure for no fault of their own. Staff members are gossiped to by management to cause dramatic friction between each other, making all practices a vile place to work with unfriendly, nasty staff due to no fault of their own but because of the two faced gossip they are drawn into, which is spread in “quick chats/meetings”. GDC protocols are BARELY followed with NO prevention of cross infection by many of the male dentists within the company, even after copious amounts of staff complaints! Patients are constantly suffering from the moment they come in for consultations as they are lied to by treatment coordinators and dentists (who are forced to lie to them to make quick sales and hit targets) about 99% of patients complain about procedures not being completed in promised time, the wrong treatment being prescribed due to the company not wanting to spend the money on materials needed, the list goes on!!! As for the “in house lab” this causes unnecessary stress for all of the dental professionals the lab work is NEVER correct, NEVER on time, NEVER read -

Pros

The end of the day

Cons

Constant lies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finest Dental. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9