Finest Dental

Finest Dental Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Poor management

Great place to work with with many opportunities given as well. However your job will not be secure as they can replace you at any moment and that too before your probation period. They did give a weeks payment.

Part of the team

Since joining Finest Dental at the beginning of this year, my job has gone from strength to strength. I feel completely involved in the decision making for the company. The Directors are friendly and welcoming. My colleagues all bend over backwards to help me. I have job satisfaction and I am looking forward to a bright future with this company.

Best job i have ever had

I have had the most amazing experience working for Finest Dental. So many opportunities, really good pay, so much job progression. I couldn't see myself working anywhere else. As long as you work hard there is so many benefits.

An actual constructive review

So where to begin. I started working for Finest Dental in November 2017 ad a treatment coordinator for Milton Keynes. My background has always been sales and the main thing that attracted me to Finest Dental was the fact it seemed like a unique career path at the time, a new challenge for me and I saw from the research I did prior to the interview that this dental company was growing rapidly and I wanted to be a part of something great. At first it was daunting as I was completely out of my comfort zone but was excited for the challenge. The support I had at the time was incredible. I had a very supportive practice manager who took her time to get me to a standard she felt was perfect before putting me in front of patients, which shows absolute pride in the company. The managers above and specially the directors have also been great to me. Our main director has invested his time into me, helped me so much not just from a job point of few but also personal and that for me is immense to know that I’m not just a goldfish In the big sea swimming with sharks. Finest dental is all about respect and trust. You put your heart and sole into your work I promise you you get rewarded. I became one of 3 regional sales manager for Finest Dental and I only got there because of management working along side me to boost my skills and ability to take on more responsibly. They believe in you if you believe in them. I couldn’t imagine working for any other company and this review so far sounds too good to be true! Of course there are negatives. There is not one company on this planet -

Unorganised company

Dentist not respecting nurses lunchtime, not having meets for nurses, practice manager and clinical manager jumping to conclusions without speaking/listening to nurses concerns, delays & mistakes from payroll team and lastly nurses not being appreciated for the hard work.

Corporate dentistry at its worst

Poor management , broken promises , no bonus ( don’t believe them for one minute ) withheld pay If you work for them despite this remember you were warned. All positive reviews on here are written by management don’t be fooled - I like many was !

Pros

Salary offered is attractive

Cons

No bonus, long hours, risk to GDC registration

Terrible for a serious clinician

This relatively new micro corporate which started out out as a marketing business that branched out into owning and running dental clinics. Yes, they are busy invisalign provider business, but be prepared for a shock. It is all about daily targets and selling invisalign or implants at any cost, regardless of predisposing factors , unmanaged periodontal conditions etc. The team of dentists is by and large very young, assisted by orthodontic therapists. Whilst the money and lack of lab fees is very attractive, be warned that numerous clinicians have come and gone. Money held as retainers still remains unpaid to many clinicians, all under false pretences. Many patients are unhappy with this high clinical staff turnover and complaints are high. If you value your hard earned dental qualification be very careful and I would urge you NOT too work for this business which trades under names of Finest Dental, Vital Dent, Vital Dental and B&A Group. Also DO NOT believe the false promise of a practice bonus- you will be lucky to receive one as they will do their level best to move the goal posts (like moving monthly sales targets etc) so that they don't have to pay out. If you join them and find this out first hand, when you leave please warn others as I am doing here. They are the most unethical dental business in the UK and its only a matter of time before the GDC close in

Pros

Lots of ortho cases

Cons

Long hours, terrible management, withheld wages

Brilliant place

I'm very supported by the practice and lead dentists, I have been offered lots of training to progress my career as a dentist. I work with a fun team and feel valued. I have recommended my friends to local roles, and feel very happy at work.

Pros

Good nurses

Forward Thinking & Innovative

Great environment, lovely atmosphere, achievable, busy but rewarding. Can move about to different Development mediums and grow you skill set with shared development tasks

Pros

Friendly Team and Owners

Cons

Just out of the London Zone

Overall a great place to work

Working at Finest Dental is fantastic. Its a company which truly cares about its people and lives and breathes its mission - Helping people feel confident again. Its a challenge being part of a fast growing company, but you learn something new every day, and you learn to change and adapt quickly! Fantastic benefits and salary.

Pros

Salary, flexibility

An Interesting Place

I have been with Finest Dental for 18 months now and have had such an amazing experience with them. Yes, at times (and most of the time) it has been tough and a lot of changes and developments are happening. But all of them are coming from a place to help improve the company from the business, staff and patient perspectives. Not all the ideas work out brilliantly, but it always keeps going. I have gone through the roles in Finest Dental learning everything within the practice and find that it is a very 'hands-on' approach to working and would suit people who like to keep busy, independent thinkers and can get motivated on their own. The staff become a second family for you, you spend so much time with them that you do feel like you know each all the time and the head office encourage social outings and communications as well as time spent effectively in the practices together. If you can stand the pace, the development and the consistent stream of new ideas then this is the place to work. You can build a career here.

Pros

Staff, Motivation, Independence

Cons

Long Hours

Great Company and Culture

The work atmosphere at Finest Dental is great with a brilliant culture that is rewarding and exceptional compared to previous employments I have held. There is plenty of training available, plenty of reward and recognition for your hard work. It's the kind of place that you wake up on a Monday morning and actually look forward to getting in the car and going to the office. The support you get is excellent, the business structure is great, you feel part of team that cares about you and wants you to grow and exceed to be the best you can be as an employee.

Pros

Flexible working hours, great team, brilliant development structure

Cons

No onsite parking.

Finest Dental is an amazing place to work

The directors of the company are very professional. They listen carefully to everything I say and are very helpful. The other employees are so nice and friendly. The company is well established and on excellent financial footing. The products and services offered are very high quality. We change peoples lives for the better here and we have fun doing it. I highly recommend working for Finest Dental.

Pros

Friday work from home. Friendly. Professional

Cons

Head office a bit far from London

Worst Place To Work

I hardly ever write reviews however I felt a strong sense of responsibility to highlight the significant failings of this company. Think long and hard before you decide to join, as you may just find yourself trapped if you do. This is not a dental practice, it is a marketing company with a hardcore sales team. They make their money by signing patients up to treatment but then rarely follow through with what they promise, which results in many complaints. Hundreds if not Thousands of complaints, which are rarely handled well. They never accept responsibility for any of their failings and recommend patients to complain directly at the dentist to recover costs. If, by some miracle, patients are offered refunds, they don't receive it for months, which antagonises the situation! They have an "in-house lab", but I would use this term very loosely. Their turn around time for something as simple as whitening trays is 3 weeks, and even then, lab work is not being returned on time resulting in cancelled and rearranged appointments (which of course results in more complaints). Lab work rarely fits, and if it does, the aesthetics is substandard. I would expect better from an NHS practice than that which is being provided here. Any feedback given by staff is never acted upon. It's that same problem of higher management who are never at the practice, who are not even clinical in background, making decisions about the running of the clinic and execution of treatment. These decisions are made without consulting anyone who actually works there, and anyone who opposes it or raises concerns -

Cons

Worst Place to Work

Good Bonuses

Nice office space, close to plenty of local eateries for lunches. Very near to Potters Bar train station, and only a few minutes walk form the bus station.

Pros

Good Bonuses

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finest Dental. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9