First Call Contract Services Limited

First Call Contract Services Limited Employee Reviews

The job itself is very easy but the management and people who work there are lazy and don't care. (Sainsbury’s distribution) but working through first call they help with all needs intended.
Really I like to work with first call contract services because their staff are very polite and helpful. They gave good staff and good environment for work.
Pros
Nice salary
Cons
40 hrs in week
I honestly don’t understand why keep a company that serve no purposes in genuinely helping people. If you want to work you will be waiting until you die because that’s how much they don’t care about hiring people to work. They are rude and disrespectful on the phone and face to face and this all branches. Once you go their face to face they all chatting in their offices doing nothing and pretending to work. You get your application and give to them they say we will contact you in 3 days time to start or they will assign a you job straight way and how you will Receive a confirmation text... they don’t do none of that. Completely waste of company and waste of space it should be taken down.
Pros
Cons
It can be delayed sometimes
Poor customer service during the interview stage. No help on telling you what you need to be accepted. Real difficult people to work with. Don’t waste your time and energy. Staff have attitudes when asking for help.
Cons
They'll tell you that you have a job, go through all the paperwork and say you have an induction. Only to give you no clear picture of where you go if it's the same postal code area, no people to talk to about who you are, where you're from etc.And when I did get to where I was supposed to be, it turned out there was no induction at the time for me, or detail of me there at all, so I was given the runaround by this "company".
Pros
Cons
Misleading as anything.
Initially a great employer, phone interview one day, forms filled the next,employment the day after, then it all turns to sh1t. Short call notice of shifts, turn up for shifts and they've 'forgotten' to send the list of casuals to the employer (not insured, so you can't work) to sending me to a company I have had to report to the HSE for unsafe working practices and didn't get paid for hours I spent there. Now I am having to take them to court to reclaim unpaid holiday pay entitlement. Do not touch this company.
Pros
Quick to get you signed up.
Cons
All that follows
applied for a job, they lied about it. The job was never on offer they just use ads to attract people. Then send you off to a job that you havent applied for, 30 miles extra down the road, no details, no interviews, rude customer service, no hellos at the door just 'sign this so i can get paid'. Lazy agency. Will not be mixing with these fools again. Oh & its minimum wage fora 9hour shift hard labour.
Pros
lol
Cons
all
DONT APPLY these people will wates your time promise more work than they have ,pass you pillar to post with managers a new one every week shambles!!!!
It was ok, it was a fast paced environment but was very boring to do, they did not give you much help as I had to learn by myself, the job just was not for me
It's agency job so you work any 4 days maximum in a week,10 hours shift is ok, anytime you can take off or holiday ,it's good agency, good for students, parents !
Pros
Ad-hoc temporary job
Cons
Anytime call or text
I was unaware of the company's loss of contract. There wasn't a communication at all about their loss of contract till days after the company has loss their contract to different agency. Going forward i suggest the company to communicate to it staff before losing any contract so that the staff's will plan of what to do next.
This place is Sh** they told me full time work but only gave me a weeks worth they have underpaid me and I have messaged the manager and he has completely ignored me.
They paid me 1.20 pounds per holiday hour...:( and at my last company that I worked they pay me 7.80 per holiday hour.................................
If it wasn't for this agency I would of still been stuck in dead end jobs on min wage now look at me experienced Supervisor on the UK's average salary averages
Pros
A good ranger of companys to work for so you csn explore different avenues
Cons
Long queues to get inducted and registered with them
Not only can these people not sort out communication in getting a job, they can't even communicate well about starting a job. Now they're advertising a job I was supposed to be part of, no wonder they haven't got a team together yet. It was Nearly two months waiting for a job I was promised, and they just ignored me, on top of that I was going through a bad time with a family issue and blamed it on too much time off.
You are good as long as you work. They don't care about your life, kids, problems. I left in November and asked for a P45. Still didn't get it. I text them now and no answer.
So I was just trying to get the needed contact data from their website, but it turned to be impossible. I can`t place a mail here, but the situation was that I could not prove it
If you are not kind to the people from office you will not get work any more...IT is similar to other agences. The work is very hard and stressful in warehouses.
i worked for 7 week at there sweeep center due to nature of job and amount i had to personally travel with helth conditions didnt work thay tryed to addaped and even after leave and asking for p45 was emailed months later to see if another role would suit me the management are extramly understanding to
Had to clean baking trays.very heavy. All spoke a different language, very clicky and no one spoke to me. I got all the jobs no one wanted to do. Very hot in there, not offered a fan. Worst job I've ever done.
Pros
Hometime
Cons
I was told after submitting all the valid paperwork with al the right relevant references. That my application was terminated because I 'Had too many references " I have never heard of this in my life...worst agency to work with. I am fully registered with them too.
Pros
Cons
Poor staff
Official response from First Call Contract Services Limited
24 February 2020
Thank you for your comments above. We would like to point out to you that it is ultimately our decision to offer you a role or not in the Aviation sector.Unfortunately, we find that people with lots of different references rarely get to a full check and will drift away whilst waiting for the clearance.If you believe you have all the credentials we require, we are happy to review your application at any time.Please call us on 0330 094 7588 to arrange a second visit.