First Fence Limited
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

First Fence Limited Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom7 reviews

Delivery Driver, up early to get to work, 3 to 5 or drops a day,

Got on well with some Management, got on well with the staff had a laugh, learnt about different types of fencing and fittings, everything was going well until they moved from Dartford to Canvey Island I did enjoy the job, even deliver to different parts of the country.

Pros

Going to different places every day

Cons

hours to long when traveling from Kent

Great place

I started working has a cleaner when they first opened. And I love it there. The staff and management are great. I have a laugh every single day and enjoy getting up early to go to work. I get a load of support from management. And even though I’m just the cleaner I’m part of a first fence family

Pros

Flexibility and wages

Insights into First Fence Limited

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Yard and driving

I went for a am interveiw and got a telephone call the day after to say i got the job. I started on the Monday and on Wednesday i left very early in the afternoon. On the late afternoon I got a telephone call not to come back into work. I was very disappointed that I wasn't even given a chance. I only worked there 3 days.

Pros

Good job

Cons

Good hours

Genuine owners and their staff become your close friends - true family company

Dear All, my mother sadly passed away a couple of weeks ago and although I actually left First Fence Limited in January, 2019 (almost 9 months earlier) I was truly amazed by the unbelievable warm gesture and respect they paid when not only their 2 Directors but also another 8 members of staff attended my mothers funeral during their busy working day and then all took time to attend the small function afterwards to pay their respect. Not only this but the 2 main people behind one of their largest Suppliers also came with them - truly amazing especially as only a few of them had actually met my mother but all were aware of various stories I had told them about my amazing mother who regularly sent messages to them via myself. In their hearts they knew her so well. Please if you get an opportunity to join First Fence Limited bear in mind you are joining a company that truly care about their employees and become a second family to so many of their employees. So many of their current staff have gained promotion working hard in different roles and gaining vital experience. I have given them a 5 star rating because that is the maximum I am allowed to give otherwise I would have given higher to this exceptional family owned company. Whatever other former employer would offer such a public show of respect during working hours - truly remarkable and something I can never ever give enough credit to. Their warm presence and support helped me get through the most difficult day of my life. Thank you to all at First Fence Limited (my second family) and I wish you all continued success -

First job

With this being my first job it taught me a lot about working in an office environment where I had to communicate with customers as well as suppliers.

Pros

Flexible holidays

Cons

Bad management

Was okay

I didn't mind the job I just didn't like the hours, the lads who worked there were very helpful and would do anything they could to help you fit in. The management wasn't to good the thought they was better than everyone else and had little respect for us

Pros

Good bunch of lads

Cons

Ambitious mindset but not rewarding

This company is not a terrible place to work, people are nice and Management could be a lot worse, however the pay is low. In the my division I was paid minimum wage through a trail and then 14,500 there after. These are wages you would receive on a placement year of university and far from the 17,000 starting wage advertised. On the plus side it was always exciting and the projects I worked on were very interesting and ambitious for the industry it is in its just a shame the pay does not reflect the role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Fence Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare First Fence Limited with

Learn about First Fence Limited in popular locations

• First Fence Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?