First Home Improvements
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

First Home Improvements: 6 Reviews in Bury St. Edmunds

Bury St. Edmunds6 reviews

Nice people but rubbish pay for long hours

The work is easy and most of the people I worked with were really nice but here’s what they don’t tell you at the interview. You get 5 weeks of sub-minimum wage “support payment” and then you go onto commission only, where you only get paid per successful call (getting customer interest). That means you can work 40 hours a week with no guaranteed pay. They also get you to put yourself down as self employed. I assume this is so they can pay less than minimum wage and get away with it.

Great Place to work

Its a great place to work. I struggle with social interactions and this job has helped me to improve my social skills. i work within the call centre along side an amazing and supportive team. it has helped me to gain so much confidence within myself and other aspects of my life. the pay is great for young people and students. you can also earn a lot of money from here as well. the training is very good and they give you a clear outline of what the job entails.

Pros

lots of breaks, free coffee, friendly

Insights into First Home Improvements

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Amazing place to work

I absolutely love working here. I currently work in the call centre within a great team. Everyone is very supportive and have an amazing attitude to work. The rate of pay is very good and very competitive. The training for this role is on going and the manager is always pushing us to do our best. The Call centre is very motivated which is what you need in an office environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming in and speaking to people from all walks of life on the phone.

Pros

Pay, Team, Training, Job role

Cons

One of the best companies to work for

Amazing management, friendly staff all round! Everyone gets on and there’s no bad energy! Everyone always helps each other! Training is excellent and u can earn a lot of money

Cons

Great place to work, fast paced, good rates of pay as well as room for progression. Has a great team of management and staff. Very good training. Flexible hours.

Pros

Atmosphere, pay

Cons

I worked for First for 9 years and loved every second, i worked my way up from sales rep to management and got given the opportunity to open my own branch in 2 locations. great support all round with directors and higher management will spend the time to help you gain the experience you need. i left due to personal circumstances but i would go back tomorrow if i could as was fantastic. you have to put in a good shift and lots of work but it is worth it back end.

Pros

great pay if you work hard

Cons

long hours but part of sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Home Improvements. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare First Home Improvements with

Learn about First Home Improvements in Bury St. Edmunds

• First Home Improvements
  • Bury St. Edmunds
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?