First Home Improvements
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

First Home Improvements: 9 Reviews in Norwich

Norwich9 reviews

commissionmoneysaleweektraininglongpayhour

Flexible working and decent pay.

I worked here for about 18 months, i only left due to family relocation. They were really flexible when i needed to move shifts due to child care, good salary and holiday package.

Would not reccommend

Got fired because I had personal issues, never got a chance to even explain. Management never thereStaff gossip and spread rumoursOverall just not somewhere I'd reccommend

Cons

Rude staff

Insights into First Home Improvements

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Average

Stupid system for pay if you leave company. The trainer needs training himself in diversity. No respect for staff what so ever. Management in general very nice.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Waiting around, late working hours, long travel. Horrible trainer.

The 5 start reviews are fake

I’m here to say how it really was. And I can absolutely confirm that people who have worked here more than one day will never give it a 5 star review with a g*n to their head. I worked 40 hours a week, commission only. You got paid £80 if you got someone interested in a free quote on their windows. Seems easy enough but the call is unexpected, and no one wants to talk to a stranger over the phone about their windows. Right off the bat is seems like a scam. (The job and free quote isn’t a scam obviously but it doesn’t ever sound promising) and then, if you got someone interested, your manager would call them back to book an appointment. 95% of people you got interested now are not interested because they don’t want anyone coming to their house. If by Sheer luck someone booked an appointment, you still don’t get paid until the team psychically speaks to the customer, in person, at their house. It was near impossible. The company used to pay you £50 PER WEEK if they thought you deserved it. So sometimes you didn’t even get paid at all. Long hours, no perks and not even any pay. The company is constantly hiring because 50% of people turn up for their first day and leave on their first break and never come back. Was funny to watch people go “this is not what I signed up for” I really stuck at it for 6 weeks, I made about £420 in 6 weeks. After 240 hours. Disgusting. Couldn’t pay my rent, could barely afford food and the Bus fare. You’d make the company £10K by interesting a customer in a free quote and they decided to purchase new windows, but you’d only see £80 of it? I sat in an -

Pros

I didn’t top myself

Cons

no money at all no matter how hard you worked.

Brilliant Job, Excellent Pay

When I started at First Home Improvements - I had recently left a less-than-ideal job. Starting there had me wondering how much money I could really earn, the only limits are the ones you place upon yourself due to the nature of the job. The workplace is brilliantly cultured, so much so that I consider myself to be part of a family. No two days will be the same and every phone call is a new opportunity to make money! The only limit to my earning capabilities is my performance. The hardest part of the job is for me - the repetitive nature of the calls though in essence you'll find this to be the case in most call centers regardless of what industry. I've found the working environment to be a low-pressure and encouraging atmosphere, morale boosts are aplenty! It IS commission only and with that you have to be prepared to set your own earning bar. It is a double-edged sword and I have found myself earning more than I ever could on a set wage. Looking into my earnings I have been on a much higher wage than I thought possible for the minimum wage at my age.

Pros

45-60 Minute Lunch; Friendly Environment; High earning potential

Best paying job and great people

I currently work here and have done for some time, I love it! Fast paced for the ones who need it, fun and relaxed office. Different Incentives all the time, extra bonuses available too! The big boss man is great, livens up the room with French and he is genuinely a great guy. Days off if and when u need them, no questions. Gr8 pay and overall a fun environment. You get back what u put in . You

If you're marketing and sales material, you'll do well

you write your own pay check in essence. The job is difficult to begin with, if you've never done anything like it before. I think thats where a lot of people go wrong and then just quit. They don't understand the nature of sales and marketing. It's definitely a case of practice makes perfect. I've been with the company for a few years now and it has always paid me very well. It is relaxed, its not high pressure which is what I've always liked but you do have to work hard for your money. If you work hard you get paid very well and thats good enough for me.

Biggest scam ever

They promise you that they would pay high rates of commission, and when you eventually get a sale, it would be a "blowout" (customer cancelled for whatever reason), which is fair enough because it could happen. However, I counted all the sales I got in 3 weeks and got about 25, and "none of them went through :'(". Theres no way that wouldve happened, total rubbish. I then got payed £50 for 3 weeks for just "being there" and was lucky to have been payed that apparently. Oohh a one-off basic wage pay, what a treat!!!! I took the money and dashed, never worked there again. Sweatshop conditions really. People leave full time jobs to do this, being promised high rates of commission. It's so sad to watch when they realise that this is so much worse and they cant get their old job back. Manager was so weird, flirting with all the girls there was just too much to watch. Never work here, you'll be exploited (even exploited a 17 year old!)

Awful

Worst company i have ever come across to work for. I was very mislead in my interview and lied to many times. I left a full paid contract at my previous employment, was then pulled aside and apologized to for being so mislead, No training given just put straight on the phone reading of a script. Manager was very weird with all the girls that worked their. Wasn't professional at all. After 3 days of working there i received a text when i got home telling me not to go back which has now left me unemployed with no source of income. Poaching vulnerable old people on the phone all day. with access to all their information.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Home Improvements. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement