First Home Improvements

Call Center Representative6 reviews
United Kingdom6 reviews

commissionmoneysaleweektraininglongpayhour

hard and stressful

long days its very hard and stressful talking to people trying to earn money. many people are rude to you and you have to stay calm and not get angry other wise you will just get into trouble

Pros

£70 per sale

Cons

its hard to get a sale

The 5 start reviews are fake

I’m here to say how it really was. And I can absolutely confirm that people who have worked here more than one day will never give it a 5 star review with a g*n to their head. I worked 40 hours a week, commission only. You got paid £80 if you got someone interested in a free quote on their windows. Seems easy enough but the call is unexpected, and no one wants to talk to a stranger over the phone about their windows. Right off the bat is seems like a scam. (The job and free quote isn’t a scam obviously but it doesn’t ever sound promising) and then, if you got someone interested, your manager would call them back to book an appointment. 95% of people you got interested now are not interested because they don’t want anyone coming to their house. If by Sheer luck someone booked an appointment, you still don’t get paid until the team psychically speaks to the customer, in person, at their house. It was near impossible. The company used to pay you £50 PER WEEK if they thought you deserved it. So sometimes you didn’t even get paid at all. Long hours, no perks and not even any pay. The company is constantly hiring because 50% of people turn up for their first day and leave on their first break and never come back. Was funny to watch people go “this is not what I signed up for” I really stuck at it for 6 weeks, I made about £420 in 6 weeks. After 240 hours. Disgusting. Couldn’t pay my rent, could barely afford food and the Bus fare. You’d make the company £10K by interesting a customer in a free quote and they decided to purchase new windows, but you’d only see £80 of it? I sat in an -

Pros

I didn’t top myself

Cons

no money at all no matter how hard you worked.

Insights into First Home Improvements

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Avoid working here

I don’t think it’s right that they don’t pay you enough for the time and hours you worked commission yeah right!! Only got paid 20.00 for the work and hours I did *AVOID WORKING HERE* KINGS LYNN THEY TREAT YOU LIKE DIRT!!!

terrible pay and terrible people

terrible pay. absolute joke and i hope someone reports this company. crazy hours for such awful pay. the people aren't the nicest either. don't waste ya time here. not worth it, they need reporting!!!!!!

Pros

nothing at all

Cons

long hours, no pay

Great place to work, fast paced, good rates of pay as well as room for progression. Has a great team of management and staff. Very good training. Flexible hours.

Pros

Atmosphere, pay

Biggest scam ever

They promise you that they would pay high rates of commission, and when you eventually get a sale, it would be a "blowout" (customer cancelled for whatever reason), which is fair enough because it could happen. However, I counted all the sales I got in 3 weeks and got about 25, and "none of them went through :'(". Theres no way that wouldve happened, total rubbish. I then got payed £50 for 3 weeks for just "being there" and was lucky to have been payed that apparently. Oohh a one-off basic wage pay, what a treat!!!! I took the money and dashed, never worked there again. Sweatshop conditions really. People leave full time jobs to do this, being promised high rates of commission. It's so sad to watch when they realise that this is so much worse and they cant get their old job back. Manager was so weird, flirting with all the girls there was just too much to watch. Never work here, you'll be exploited (even exploited a 17 year old!)

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at First Home Improvements?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Home Improvements. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare First Home Improvements with

• First Home Improvements
  • Call Center Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?