First Home Improvements

First Home Improvements Employee Reviews for Canvasser

Canvasser6 reviews
United Kingdom6 reviews

commissionmoneysaleweektraininglongpayhour

Really good managers, very motivating

A typical day could be as busy as you like, but the busier the more money is to be made. I learned to deal with rejection with regards to trying to make appointments for sales people. The managers were very inspiring. Work culture was casual dress code but fast paced. Very addictive work as the rewards were your salary

Pros

Great atmosphere/culture

Cons

Not very good money

great place to work and enjoyable

I was working there when I was 17, I was working 5 days a week part time and it was a laugh I did work almost everyday for a month but at 17 and earning £400+ a week I didn't really care. I stayed for 4 years then left due to having a child. but overall id give it a shot.

Pros

Good Hours and Pay

Cons

too rushed at times

Insights into First Home Improvements

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Disgraceful and appalling

They exploit you. Expected to work so many hours but no minimum wage just commission which could be nothing in a week. Sign contract but not given copy despite repeated requests. Commission suddenly reduced without any proof. SHEER EXPLOITATION *****AVOID*****

Pros

Welcoming

Cons

Low pay and questionable employment practices

Brilliant Job, Excellent Pay

When I started at First Home Improvements - I had recently left a less-than-ideal job. Starting there had me wondering how much money I could really earn, the only limits are the ones you place upon yourself due to the nature of the job. The workplace is brilliantly cultured, so much so that I consider myself to be part of a family. No two days will be the same and every phone call is a new opportunity to make money! The only limit to my earning capabilities is my performance. The hardest part of the job is for me - the repetitive nature of the calls though in essence you'll find this to be the case in most call centers regardless of what industry. I've found the working environment to be a low-pressure and encouraging atmosphere, morale boosts are aplenty! It IS commission only and with that you have to be prepared to set your own earning bar. It is a double-edged sword and I have found myself earning more than I ever could on a set wage. Looking into my earnings I have been on a much higher wage than I thought possible for the minimum wage at my age.

Pros

45-60 Minute Lunch; Friendly Environment; High earning potential

Not good

Wasn’t really treated fairly, left alone to canvass as driver wanted to be alone, manager was quite ignorant, didn’t receive any training earned about £210 after 3-4 months working there

Productive and fun work place

Great company a normal day would be you go into the office at about 9 have a morning meeting to get you ready for the day ahead discuss where to go and what areas are good you then go out to work deliver the leaflets and pitch to every door you finish about half 4 or 5

Pros

A lot more layed back then a office job

Cons

Commission pay or basic £150 a week

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at First Home Improvements?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Home Improvements. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare First Home Improvements with

• First Home Improvements
  • Canvasser
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?