First Home Improvements
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

First Home Improvements Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Sales Representative6 reviews
United Kingdom6 reviews

Very stressful but very rewarding!

The job is very easy once you know what you’re doing but it’s still very difficult because if the customer doesn’t want to buy the products then you don’t get paid however if you do sell then you can earn enough money from 1 sale to cover your bills for a couple of weeks. On average you should sell 3-4 deals a week which can earn around £1500-£2000 per week. It’s very stressful at times but such a fun job and so rewarding once you make those sales!

Opportunity to make good money

Very typical old fashioned double glazing sales tactics used but opportunity to make really good money if you're decent at it. Commission only so if you don't get sales you don't get paid.

Insights into First Home Improvements

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Average

Stupid system for pay if you leave company. The trainer needs training himself in diversity. No respect for staff what so ever. Management in general very nice.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Waiting around, late working hours, long travel. Horrible trainer.

Fun filled working environment

Excellent training program with increased chances of success in the field. The environment at the office is very relaxed and peers gets chances to sharpen one another.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Late hours

Loved it here

Home improvement sales with an exciting emphasis to engage customersHigh pressure, but trained at head office to ensure everyone sings of the same song sheet

Pros

Self employed

Cons

Long hours waiting for leads

Have a very high staff turnover

I hated working for First Home Improvements. It is a purely commissioned based role as a field sales executive. Yes, you can make great money but you are conning people out of their hard earned money and I could not live with that guilt. On my interview I was met in a room with 5 other people, told we were going to be sent on a course only to find about 20 other people there. The course was boring. Many people didn’t show up for their first day f work, mainly because you were actually self employed. You can’t plan your life because you are on call from 9am to 7pm. You could be in someone’s house until midnight! I couldn’t stay there much longer; I would be called at 7pm after waiting in all day and sent to a house 100 miles away! Stay clear, it is a big big big con!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Home Improvements. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare First Home Improvements with

• First Home Improvements
  • Sales Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?