First Security (Guards) Ltd

First Security (Guards) Ltd Employee Reviews

professional

professional working environment met interesting people and made friends varied schedule i didn't mind working nights good clothing suppllied did patrols and varied duties which makes job interesting

Poor Managment Avoid

Terrible atmosphere at this company , too many lazy and complacent duty managers who are not interested in the staff .Newcomerss are not made to feel welcome and they will do everything to stop you getting your leave days when requirerd and your shifts will be less come the following month .If you raise any concerns or issues you wiĺl not be listened to.And there is no confidentiality from management who thrive on the gossip culture .

Pros

BBC scotland location has great transport links

Cons

Dont ask for holidays they dont like it

Terrible comps

A terrible company. They care about their reputation than employees! If you don’t want to be respected, talked down to. Never get any promotion. Then go for it.

Pros

Nice uniform

Cons

Poorly managed

working for first security was funand exciting.

working for first security was a very good experience for me as it helps me to develope more security skills and it was a nice company to work for with equal opportunity.

Interview never gets back

It's was a terrible experience with after wasting my time to go to Birmingham. I will not encourage anyone. Terrible company not professional. Not good company.

Work place has a good atmosphere

As a receptionist, you get to meet new people everyday which is great. cuts out the boring routine. There is a team of 5 receptionists across two buildings. We all rotate between the two doing different shifts

1 star rating... see below why

High rate of staff turnover, management living in each others pockets, DSMs don't let you earn over a certain threshold a month. Rubbish low wages

Pros

Nice uniform

Cons

Low wages, bad management

Poor Management

The Management here is very poor and the stress that the managers put you through is horrendous. All the managers care about is what they can get out of it for themselves and offer no support to Officers. Do Not Apply it's not worth the Stress. Very fast turnover of staff. Due to staff leaving all the time.

Awful management with most sites being under staffed and no work life balance.

This company is awful the senior management are all related and are a bunch of bullying racist thugs. The management would rather plot and push people out of the business then focus on pushing the business forward they struggle to protect the contact on a daily basis with the amount of dropped shifts they get weekly due to the conveyor belt of staff consequently being fined off the client.

Good security company to work for, good rate, excellent staff training and care for work life balance. Normal work day life is competitive and challenging. Supportive workplace culture.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at First Security (Guards) Ltd?

Sometimes great fun mostly routine

It was an easy job but found the local management micro managed the day to day business and sucked the fun out of the job. The national management was a lot better.

Pros

Light duty good training

Cons

Long hours very political atmosphere

Productive at work

One of the best security company I have worked. The management and the staff are very good and has helped me in shaping my career. The over all is good and is recommendable to anyone. The organisation have now emerged with Knightsbridge security and is controlled by Interserve.

Security guard tonebridge

I worked for this company last year on a G4S contract.I enjoyed it but was saddened by the low wage and no career progression. Also G4S showed be ashamed of using an agency on there contracts.

Shockingly treated

Would definately not recommend my worst enemy to work on the particular site (bbc manchester). Treated by those people in charge like robots. Giving you unnecessary roles and they put yes robotic numptys in a supervisory role. I would liken it to military, although more a Disney company, with Disney characters in charge.

Fair company

A good company to work for, they provided a respectable uniform and good communication with management. Worked with fair colleagues and management were also fair regarding holiday leave. Awkward hours not a regular 9-5 and anti-social hours. The site I worked at was enjoyable a good workplace environment.

Pros

A nice uniform

Cons

Anti social hours

Management is a joke

Decent pay rate and good professional sites. But "upper" management is a joke. Constantly changing managers and nobody is informed. They look out for one another and make fake promises for staff. They favoritise and do no care about officers who work long hours.

Pros

Paid lunches

Great manager and team.

Very professional and friendly. Manager he was very fair and helpful and friendly. And made me feel at ease immediately and happy to be part of a great team.

Pros

Professional great management

First security was the best security company I have worked for,the company is very organised and reliable in terms of pay your wages and your holiday pay was pay in time

Pros

Allowance

Cons

Long hrs

Profetional

Good company to work for. There are opportunities to go for training and advance your career withing the company. Most of the people I had contact with are really professional and know what they doing.

They are a tremendous company to work with.

FSG is an upward looking company that is always driving you to excell in your working endeavours. Working with them gave me a huge experience on how to see diversity as a very strong point. I enjoyed working with them on the BBC site in Central London and if another opportunity arise, I will work with them again.

Pros

Good pay rates

Cons

Less training courses

Terrible Management

Control room slack and have bad attitude. Manager I had was very pushy in a negative way. Would not recommend unless you wish to just be treated as a number.

Pros

Fixed contract

Cons

everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Security (Guards) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement