First Security (Guards) Ltd

First Security (Guards) Ltd Employee Reviews for Security Officer

professional

professional working environment met interesting people and made friends varied schedule i didn't mind working nights good clothing suppllied did patrols and varied duties which makes job interesting

working for first security was funand exciting.

working for first security was a very good experience for me as it helps me to develope more security skills and it was a nice company to work for with equal opportunity.

Interview never gets back

It's was a terrible experience with after wasting my time to go to Birmingham. I will not encourage anyone. Terrible company not professional. Not good company.

1 star rating... see below why

High rate of staff turnover, management living in each others pockets, DSMs don't let you earn over a certain threshold a month. Rubbish low wages

Pros

Nice uniform

Cons

Low wages, bad management

Poor Management

The Management here is very poor and the stress that the managers put you through is horrendous. All the managers care about is what they can get out of it for themselves and offer no support to Officers. Do Not Apply it's not worth the Stress. Very fast turnover of staff. Due to staff leaving all the time.

Awful management with most sites being under staffed and no work life balance.

This company is awful the senior management are all related and are a bunch of bullying racist thugs. The management would rather plot and push people out of the business then focus on pushing the business forward they struggle to protect the contact on a daily basis with the amount of dropped shifts they get weekly due to the conveyor belt of staff consequently being fined off the client.

Sometimes great fun mostly routine

It was an easy job but found the local management micro managed the day to day business and sucked the fun out of the job. The national management was a lot better.

Pros

Light duty good training

Cons

Long hours very political atmosphere

Security guard tonebridge

I worked for this company last year on a G4S contract.I enjoyed it but was saddened by the low wage and no career progression. Also G4S showed be ashamed of using an agency on there contracts.

Shockingly treated

Would definately not recommend my worst enemy to work on the particular site (bbc manchester). Treated by those people in charge like robots. Giving you unnecessary roles and they put yes robotic numptys in a supervisory role. I would liken it to military, although more a Disney company, with Disney characters in charge.

Fair company

A good company to work for, they provided a respectable uniform and good communication with management. Worked with fair colleagues and management were also fair regarding holiday leave. Awkward hours not a regular 9-5 and anti-social hours. The site I worked at was enjoyable a good workplace environment.

Pros

A nice uniform

Cons

Anti social hours

First security was the best security company I have worked for,the company is very organised and reliable in terms of pay your wages and your holiday pay was pay in time

Pros

Allowance

Cons

Long hrs

Profetional

Good company to work for. There are opportunities to go for training and advance your career withing the company. Most of the people I had contact with are really professional and know what they doing.

They are a tremendous company to work with.

FSG is an upward looking company that is always driving you to excell in your working endeavours. Working with them gave me a huge experience on how to see diversity as a very strong point. I enjoyed working with them on the BBC site in Central London and if another opportunity arise, I will work with them again.

Pros

Good pay rates

Cons

Less training courses

better than some others

One of the better company back in the day when the job was less P C and C.S.did not have and part or place to play at the work place. no longer with them.

Pros

good sites to work on

Scurity Officer

Worked with G4S Security at TheO2 in North Greenwich. My duties are patrolling the site both internal and external, Gatehouse duties and dealing with visitors and members of the public and other security related duties. I enjoyed working there.

false

Offer you a job then a few days later the postion is filled, the managers have no clue either. Fake stolen falor mangers.. wouldnt even bother with them

Pros

Cons

offer you a job, managers lie

amazing working place with good pay

best place to work lovely people and management lots of overtimes and good payment great place to work chance work in different environment always respect to the staff

Pros

lots of overtimes

productive with training

Very good company that helped me on my security career. They got me qualified and enough experience. I got to work at different sites to gain experience. Management very helpful.

ok`

not too bad of a company they do have a few contracts however not the bests i was working in armani as a supervisor for them it was okay til they cut the security staff and numbers which left me with no job.

Pros

lovley managers

Good place to work and good managers who are always there to support. good salary and support. Training opportunity but no structured development plan.

Productive and fun Work

best company, taking care of their employees, problem solving. I was quiet happy and satisfied but got new challenging opportunity to move as an internal job vacancy clicked and transferred to Knightsbridge Guarding Limited

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Security (Guards) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare First Security (Guards) Ltd with

• First Security (Guards) Ltd
  • Security Officer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?