First Security (Guards) Ltd

First Security (Guards) Ltd Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.8Job security & advancement

Good security company to work for, good rate, excellent staff training and care for work life balance. Normal work day life is competitive and challenging. Supportive workplace culture.

Poor Managment Avoid

Terrible atmosphere at this company , too many lazy and complacent duty managers who are not interested in the staff .Newcomerss are not made to feel welcome and they will do everything to stop you getting your leave days when requirerd and your shifts will be less come the following month .If you raise any concerns or issues you wiĺl not be listened to.And there is no confidentiality from management who thrive on the gossip culture .

Pros

BBC scotland location has great transport links

Cons

Dont ask for holidays they dont like it

Terrible comps

A terrible company. They care about their reputation than employees! If you don’t want to be respected, talked down to. Never get any promotion. Then go for it.

Pros

Nice uniform

Cons

Poorly managed

working for first security was funand exciting.

working for first security was a very good experience for me as it helps me to develope more security skills and it was a nice company to work for with equal opportunity.

Interview never gets back

It's was a terrible experience with after wasting my time to go to Birmingham. I will not encourage anyone. Terrible company not professional. Not good company.

Productive at work

One of the best security company I have worked. The management and the staff are very good and has helped me in shaping my career. The over all is good and is recommendable to anyone. The organisation have now emerged with Knightsbridge security and is controlled by Interserve.

Security guard tonebridge

I worked for this company last year on a G4S contract.I enjoyed it but was saddened by the low wage and no career progression. Also G4S showed be ashamed of using an agency on there contracts.

Profetional

Good company to work for. There are opportunities to go for training and advance your career withing the company. Most of the people I had contact with are really professional and know what they doing.

They are a tremendous company to work with.

FSG is an upward looking company that is always driving you to excell in your working endeavours. Working with them gave me a huge experience on how to see diversity as a very strong point. I enjoyed working with them on the BBC site in Central London and if another opportunity arise, I will work with them again.

Pros

Good pay rates

Cons

Less training courses

productive with training

Very good company that helped me on my security career. They got me qualified and enough experience. I got to work at different sites to gain experience. Management very helpful.

ok`

not too bad of a company they do have a few contracts however not the bests i was working in armani as a supervisor for them it was okay til they cut the security staff and numbers which left me with no job.

Pros

lovley managers

Good place to work and good managers who are always there to support. good salary and support. Training opportunity but no structured development plan.

Productive and fun Work

best company, taking care of their employees, problem solving. I was quiet happy and satisfied but got new challenging opportunity to move as an internal job vacancy clicked and transferred to Knightsbridge Guarding Limited

Company is good

i would say managment staff are much better then certain conpanys very flexible and very ambitious i see this company going far exciting sites aswell time is money so get applying

Pros

Paid lunch

Cons

flexi hours

The company is so good and yor always valued but am on zore hour contract.

During my time with the company l have learnt a lot as l was working in different sites and this has help in my daily life at work.

Pros

Free uniform

Cons

Zore hour

Vetting and Selection of Candidates

Time management Caseload management Interviewing and Vetting people from all over the globe willing to work in security

Pros

International experience

Cons

na

Interacting with people and seriousness when necessary

I had the chance to work in different sites to another, meeting new people and learning more skills. The management is not very well adjust due to the shifts rotation. My co-worker are very approachable and welcoming. The hardest part of the job is that there isnt enough shift nowadays. What i enjoy most is that i havent got any disciplinary siting on all of my career.

Pros

meeting new people and learning more

Cons

not enough working shift

fun with the right people

i was outed from my site for no reason by my site manager basically because i worked my way up to supervisor and the next job above mine was his and he was obviously worried i was going to prove better at it than him.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Security (Guards) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement