FirstCol Services Ltd

FirstCol Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Pros and cons

A wonderful team to work with. Made great friendships and all care staff , supervisor and coordinator are brilliant. A really caring team and welcoming of new staff. For the Western area. Bognor, Chichester and Selsey. A well organised and lead team. Unfortunately the office is based in Worthing and our training is based in Crawley , so a lot of travel involved. The atmosphere is tense and unpleasant. Luckily our senior staff for Bognor collect all esssentials and deliver for us to prevent the need for travel. Pre covid, they would do our supervisions in coffee shops local and buy us a coffee. They treat us well. The pay could be higher. But clients and staff are lovely for the Bognor area.

Pros

Friendships, welcoming team. Efficient communication from Bognor senior staff

Cons

Travel, Worthing coordinator, inefficient communication from other areas.

Be clear on job role before starting.

I have had a bad experience with First Col. I applied for the role as Care Co-Ordinator as the job description suited my experience and career asperations. Unfortunately, throughout the entire interview and enrollment process there was no mention of personal care having to be delivered, had I known this I would no have applied for the position nor would I have resigned from my at the time current job role to take the position at First Col. The job description for the role as Care Co-Ordinator was advertised as the following...•To supervise and Train Staff•To work and maintain CQC company standards throughout the Homecare department at all times•Accepting care packages and assigning care workers to service users in an appropriate manner•Producing care workers’ rotas and managing staff through roster software•To support the Registered Manager and Senior Management team in delivering service excellence to our clients.•Client Care Needs Assessments•Staff Supervisions/Spot Checks•Participating in the branch on-call/ out of hours service•Working flexibly to cover week days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays. This level of cover includes both administration and covering care calls.•Liaising with clients, local authorities and other stakeholders as part of multi-agency approach•Arranging care reviews and risk assessments for service usersThis is not what the role consists of. I encourage any one looking at applying for this role to clarify what the job role actually is before starting. Poor management and lack of ownership when something goes wrong. -

Pros

zero

Cons

This company will cause you stress. A lot of stress.

Friendly and helpful staff work place

The company and the people who work in this company are really good, annd the team is great,I am really happy with the job.You can choose flexible hours and get good rate.

Good,fast growing company.

I've been working at Firstcol for a year now and I can't fault them at all. Worthing office is run by a group of young, supporting people. I've joined on part time basis and wasn't sure how I'll be able to cope with demands of the job and having a child at home, but I cannot thank them enough for helping me to create healthy work balance, and offering flexible working hours. Good place if you looking to progress with career too. There is also always

Pros

Flexible hours, ongoing training, room for promotion.

Rewarding job that allows you to work independently.

Great company that provide a rewarding experience. Training is initially provided and then opportunity to develop skills and experience further is given. Working independently but part of the team, making you feel valued as a staff member.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Weird hours

Easily the best place I’ve worked for.

Great team work in the Worthing office and with staff out in the community. Communication is on point with thorough training on what to expect. Application process was speedy and I was able to work fairly quickly. Clients are lovely and a pleasure to work with.

Pros

Excellent Team

more could be done to help employees

agency job where those who are known are favoured over those not known. no guarantee shifts especially if you are working on the agency and not home care side. performance feedback is not the best. loved the weekly pay especially for the agency side. training is ok but mental support for those working in the mental side is inexistent

Poor management

When I first started working for the Worthing branch 2 years ago it was a happy place to work lovely staff in and out of office, now I feel under new management (with no management experience someone being only in care industry for 3 years themselves) it’s if your face fits if it doesn’t your hours will drop and cover ups happen due to friendships within the company office. A field care supervisor who thinks it’s ok to talk to staff and clients how he wishes. Plus points are lovely clients but who also feel unhappy with the service now provided, flexible working hours until you may need to change them.

Excellent company to work for

I have been working this company for approximate four years and I have felt that we learn something new every day. I personally feel that I have got great opportunity to work here and grow myself personally and professionally. We have got exceptionally supportive Managing Director who wants everyone to grow and extends his support/ motivation for all the staff members. We have friendly culture in the company where we have staff from various countries/ ethnicity back grounds works, grow and enjoy the job together.

Pros

Excellent Company to join and work for

no where else you'd want to be!

I’ve never had such an amazing management team that genuinely care about you and your wellbeing, they make me feel valued and apart of the team and there’s always an enjoyable atmosphere. I wouldn’t change my time here for the world, I have so many fantastic memories with all my colleagues and clients and each day is like another adventure. Definitely recommend working for this company

Jobs at FirstCol Services Ltd

See more jobs

Excellent place to work

I honestly would not want to work anywhere else. All the staff are wonderful, both the carers I work with and the team in the office. It feels more of a family at FirstCol, coming together to make sure all of our clients and each other are well looked after. The office are very supportive and even through there are some very challenging days, there is always someone at the end of the phone willing to assist you. The opportunities available are endless. I am always encouraged to further my training with new courses or NVQ's. I have found that management notice your strengths and work with you to grow into a higher role within the company. The pay I feel is very good compared to other companies with the option to do overtime. I have recommended FirstCol to quite a few of my friends who have since joined us and have never looked back.

Productive and exciting company to work for. Amazing opportunities to progress in your career.

I joined in 2015 as a care coordinator and have had an amazing experience with Firstcol. The company is very supportive and has encouraged me to progress in my career here. The home care team has real friendly energy and is a very positive place to work.!

Firstcol s an Agency

Firstcol is a very reliable company to work with , they support their staff with encouragement and give training frequently to make sure their staff is up to day and standard in represented to their client

Fantastic company

Amazing company to work for, the office team are all brilliant and caring as well as professional and dedicated. Couldn't have asked for a better team !

Flexible Work Life

I enjoy the fact that the company works around me and do their best to make sure that all my needs are met. I love the people I work with and enjoy the friendly environment that I get from delivering care to vulnerable people in their own homes. I find helping the elderly people very rewarding and going home feeling like I have made someone's day better for them.

priductive and supportive work place

working for FirstCol is different everyday, no two days the same, I learnt that I can be a people person and get on with most people, I don't like challenge but will face it and deal with it. I like to think I get on well with all my co workers, they often say I am good to work with and open. I hate to get things wrong and will punish myself more then anyone else will. I have been in the care setting now for over 26 years, I just love my job and I really enjoy training people, I would love for them all to go out and look after people the way I used too, I find the hands on care to much now due to my bad back and hips, but office suits me down to the ground, I still have input and still get to deal with the clients and see then at home, so for me its a win win situation.

Pros

open door policy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstCol Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement

FirstCol Services Ltd Reviews by Location

• FirstCol Services Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?