FirstPort

FirstPort Culture reviews

Very enjoyable. The support functions were available at all levels such as online training for all tasks . Hands on fast paced role .. The team of staff were were easy you work as a unit.
A typical day would be checking the building inside and out for any problems that may have occurred. I learned to be patient, respectful and listen to what the residents required me to do. Management were always available if I needed any help with any situations. Very fair company working with staff and interacting with residents. The hardest part of the job was when a resident was unable to look after themselves and I had to get the family or next of kin involved. Best part of the job was listening to all the stories the residents would tell you about what they did when they were younger.
Company with a good vision and goals. Great people to work with and a culture that moves forward. The type of job make it challenging at times but is fulfilling if you give it your all.
Job satisfaction, care of residents, training is ongoing. Work ethic good. Interactions with other managers excellent. Workplace culture is good. Hardest part of the job is dealing with awkward customers.
Bullying culture, if your face fits... Too much pressure and responsibility put onto staff, and the salary does not match this. Was once a company that cared for employees, but now it's all about ticking boxes.
15 yrs i worked for FP i saw lots of changes but if you lead a happy team it was a good place to work. I made lots of memories and friends and i do miss them all. The job is challenging but on the whole rewarding.
Pros
Benefits great people and great teams
Cons
Long hrs lots of travel
I have enjoyed my time at FirstPort. They are going through some positive changes and it's an exciting time to be there. The only downside for me is the travel. Travelling to Luton from Hatfield, while straight forward is exceedingly time consuming.
Pros
Really good work culture
Cons
distance
I have over 100 unit's to in my place of work. I start my day with a full patrol of the building checking for any faults or cleaning inside and outside. I then return to the foyer and meet and greet residents as well as any tradesmen looking to gain access. I also tend to the car park and help with entry fob's. I collect parcels and post and distribute them to the relevant residents and make note of signing for item's as well as key's building entry. For me the most enjoyable thing about my job is the interaction with the different people so there are many conversations and things to learn every day. The hardest part of my job is having to deal with difficult tradesmen when they have been given wrong information and I am trying to get them to where they need to be so that the job can get done. I work alone so I guess I am the one to set the culture within the way I interact with the residents and tradesmen. I have a good relationship with my management. As for my learning I would say that this is ongoing I feel that I need more in the way of Health and Safety within this type of environment.
Pros
3 day week
Cons
Travelling
To deliver continually the service expected from us by our customers, we rely on a professional, experienced and motivated team. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their potiential. We have a high performing, can do culture and encourage learning and development, working with individuals to identify progression opportunities.We have high standards at Firstport and we reward our employees for their dedication and hard work with great benefits, performance-related salary increases and awards when we see people going above and beyond. Our employees are as important to us as our customers.
Pros
supportive, regular hub meetings, continually training
Cons
Too much paperwork, repeated task which is logged already in another area
l work in a very friendly environment and I make sure all my task are finished before the end of the day. l have experience in handling complaints,solving conflicts and issues with an ability to persuade individuals, with my experience have learnt how to interact with customers on behalf of the company .The most enjoyable part of my job is putting smiles on my customers faces
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
There is no real inbetween with firstport, it is either absolutely amazing or it's the job you've hated the most. The management team are incredible 90% of the time but when they're under pressure, the way you feel goes out of the window and it is all about targets.
Give excellent customer service to all residents Professionally manage a development and the efficient operation of services and equipment. Ensure corporate Health and Safety standards are adhered to at all times. Oversee the work of tradesmen carrying out repairs and general maintenance. Workplace culture - Professional at all times Lone working is the hardest part of the job Most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with members of the public
Company has good benefits but management needs improving. They do not reward their hardworking staff when opportunities arrive, instead they hire from outside the company. Other staff on site and in head office are all very friendly and enjoyable to work with. Everyone I have spoken to is happy to share ideas and information to help you out.
most staff and majority of residents a pleasure to work with. long hours to get work done was down side. staff in other parts of the business helpful which expect from a large well established company
Pros
flexibility manage own workload
Cons
very long hours
By far the best management hands down. From Management to colleagues everyone is supportive and aim to do the best. Everyone was enthusiastic and motivated each other.
Pros
Dress Down Fridays
Cons
Unrealistic Targets at times
On a typical day it would be busy, very lively. There is always something to do. I learnt how to tag all my calls and emails, I learnt the process of mail merges. The management was very understanding and always looking out for the staff. The co-workers were family. They always eager to help and make you achieve your very best. Be able to stay calm under pressure especially when difficult customers call. From the management to the co-workers everyone was like a big family always there to put a smile on your face and give advice when needed.
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
No free Parking
Small onsite team but staff all get along very well, From the manager ,cleaner, part time staff to the contractors. Good opportunities to progress at the company.