Firstsource Solutions

Firstsource Solutions Employee Reviews

United Kingdom479 reviews

Found 479 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,431 reviews

opportunity for overtime

a little depressing for the salary, met some great people though also can do overtime if needed.. would recommend for school leavers as an entry into customer service

Pros

nice people

Cons

a lot of time on the phones with no breaks

kinda boring

you sit at the phones all day and sell anything and everything from sky, it gets kind of boring but for some campaigns the commission isnt too bad if you know how to sell

Insights into Firstsource Solutions

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Decent place to work (As long as you do what your told)

Management dont ask for anything unrealisticcan be challenging customers to have discussions with (Which are quite enjoyable to me)easy to make v good money with lots of overtime available at double pay

Pros

Experience, free sky tv and cheap Mobile, Broadband, 3 days off

Cons

11 hr shifts

The Economist

Don't work here if you have learning difficulties aka aspergers. The training at The Economist is utterly shocking because they waffle on about on about complete nonsense and give you barely any time to get comfortable with anything. I wasn't even given a chance to do the role because of the pointless chat accreditation they make you do even though its completely pointless as everyone copies and pastes the same thing. Screw The Economist and firstsource for their mediocre training. You are still stuck in the past and never gave me the support that should of given to me without asking

Pros

there is non

Cons

Extremely bad training and pointless test

Would avoid at all costs

Ever had those annoying calls of people trying to sell you something? Don't end up being the person making those calls.This job will make you question the morality of call centres as your only objective is to sell Sky products, even if the person doesn't need said products and there is very little payout afterwards.You're treated more as a number on a spreadsheet than you are a genuine human being.

Poor management

Staff do not care about you at all. They are not helpful, and care less about your well-being. I'm not surprised that too many people leave during their training (like me - left after 4 weeks) They do not empathise with your situation neither. You get stressful calls all the time - many customers are sooooo annoying! But staff do not care, they want you on calls no matter what. The only good thing about this job is that I have made really good friends.

Pros

Friends I have made

Cons

Stressful job, poor management, annoying customers who yell at you all the time

Avoid at all costs

I worked in firstsource for 3 years They don't do a laying weekI had 2 great managers to be fair Customers are vile but you need thick skin to work in there...Hours are long I was mentally drained after ever shift slept like a log The job is not hard when you get used to the systems... I was fed up with place and was looking for jobs while I was talking to Customer's It's all stat based and targets are unrealistic Best thing I done was leave

Pros

Free TV

Cons

Long hours, unrealistic targets

21 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We are pleased that you had a positive experience with your leaders and Managers. Statistics, metrics and KPIs are necessary for our operations, and your leaders would have discussed these with you, and a coordinated bespoke coaching and development plan for you to achieve these. We have noted your comment in regards to the hours and have fed this back to the leadership team – we continuously review our shift patterns and break schedules. We would like to take this opportunity to wish you well for the future, and to say thank you for your three years of service.

Awful

This was a horrifying place to work!! The management claim to be there for their employees when in fact you get penalised for things like being unwell.

Pros

Cons

Horrifying

14 June 2022
Thank you for writing a review.We're sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your time working with us. Our people are our number one priority, and we are keen to offer whatever support you need. Please reach out to your local HR Manager who will listen to your feedback and take action to resolve any issues for you. We do hope you take the opportunity and wish you all the very best.

Poor management, lack of support, stressful job

Really bad experience here, first month you done nothing, you just sat around got to know people and some staff members, then once you start the calls that’s when it gets difficult, the stress pressure you feel doing the calls is something else, you get support at the beginning but then was once that stops your left to your own pretty much, then we get new manager who has little to no knowledge of the job, who sits on the laptop, laugh and jokes with another management doesn’t bother to help us, seen review before I joined the Title was “primary school for Adults “ which is spot on here, Some people are here to work not social club. Most of your calls are dealing with really annoying customers, my group was over 20+ People now it’s left with very few, ino people who still remain are very unhappy and actively everyday looking for another job, 1 or 2 people in that building aswell who are higher up very immature, saying nasty things behind peoples back which go unpunished, overall wasn’t very good environment a lot of 2 faced people in this place. Management will always back other managers even they are not doing their job, Please someone reading this avoid this at all costs, it massively affects your mental health after period of time, that’s why they are always looking staff because people keep leaving for these reasons I’m pointing out, only slight positive meet some nice people who I wish well in life

11 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience working with us.We strive to provide an environment where everyone can flourish and one where our leaders support, guide, and encourage their team members to deliver a great experience for our customers. Your comments suggest something very different and not at all in line with the practices and principles we expect. It’s important for us to understand more so that we can make changes and improvements wherever possible. We would therefore like to invite you to contact your local HR Manager to share your feedback in more detail. Please be assured that they will listen to what you have to say and take any necessary action in the strictest confidence.We hope you will take up the opportunity, but either way, we wish you all the very best for your future career.

So/so

Wouldn't recommend to anyone unless desperate. Bad pay, bad hours just taking the brunt of phone calls. Are just a number to the company. Stats unrealistic and do not take common sense into account

26 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your comments are in stark contrast to the people focussed and supportive culture we strive to achieve.On top of your basic salary, our compensation and benefits package offers a pension, incentives, perks, and discounts. We also provide a Health cashback plan and a fully-funded EAP programme for all employees. It’s fast-paced and high intensity, but also very rewarding. We're sorry it didn’t work out for you but wish you all the very best for your future career.

Toxic Culture but fine if you're just there to do your hours.

Very disorganised, but if you're simply there to go in and get your money and go home it's good. Good support provided for mental health issues - as long as it doesn't impact your ability to take calls.

26 May 2022
Thank you for your review.Our people are our number one priority, and we pride ourselves on offering support to anyone who needs it. This includes local support through Team Leaders, HR Teams and our Mental Health First Aiders, alongside our fully-funded EAP Programme. We're pleased to see you recognise this.We endeavour to provide an enjoyable work environment with clear goals and structure around exactly what is expected. If this isn’t the case for you, please reach out to your Team Leader or HR Team who will be able to help. All the very best for the future as you progress your career with us.

Awful

Was here from September absolutely no organisation poor management and also did not have any understanding of any processes, focused more on stats rather than customer service would never work again

26 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.Our leadership teams strive to provide a well-structured and people-centric culture where everyone can thrive in their careers. Together with our learning teams, they help build knowledge and skills so that our Advisors can provide the very best service to our customers. Our measurement processes ensure we are delivering to our customers’ needs and meeting or exceeding their expectations. We're sorry to hear you felt things were disorganised and that the job wasn’t the right fit for you. Good luck in your future career.

Wrong from the start

Left after 4 weeks.Most training teams start with 18 and their lucky if 5 stay on. Sales through service, targeted sale, expect you to push products on people who don’t want or need them

26 May 2022
Thank you for your review. We’re a fast-paced customer service provider who strives to provide the very best for our customers. The role can feel intense sometimes but is also very rewarding. Our induction and onboarding programme provides all the skills and knowledge to allow our Advisors to hit the ground running. We're sorry it wasn’t the right fit for you, and wish you all the best for your future career.

Not the best

I was employed there on behalf of EON Energy. In previous energy jobs, I'd had 6 weeks of training before full-time on the phones, this one was only 1-2 weeks so not enough training was given before being thrust into the firing line. It was minimum wage where you had to juggle with hard to meet KPI's whilst trying to learn on the job and being shunned if you did not meet them. You were also shunned if you did meet them because you make others look bad if they don't meet a target so either way, you can't win. Not the best job if you want low stress.

Pros

Free tea, coffee and fruit

Cons

Long hours, low pay

26 May 2022
Thank you for your review.Here at Firstsource, we pride ourselves on offering a robust and informative training and induction programme to ensure all of our Advisors hit the ground running and are fully prepared for the job. We're sorry to hear you didn’t feel this gave you what you need and hope you took the opportunity to discuss your concerns with your Trainer and Team Leader. We use KPIs to measure performance and ensure we are providing a good service to customers. This helps us identify skills gaps and development needs and put plans in place to address them. We're sorry things didn’t work out for you and wish you all the best for your future career.

Poor place to work

Just another bum on seat treat staff poorly when they have personal problems and would rather soon sack them then help them and they claim to listen to staff and help them when ever needed

Cons

Don't care about staff

20 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.We're sorry to hear your experience was poor and that you didn’t get the support that you needed. We have a strong people culture at Firstsource, and offer a variety of support options including our Mental Health First Aiders, HR Partners, and an Employee Assistance Programme – alongside this, our Team Leaders are always on hand whenever you need them. We do hope you made use of these whilst you were with us. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Just whatever suits you

Not the best, But if you're not wanting to progress and take it easy then this is the place for you! They Dont really und up caring in the end but sound pay really

20 May 2022
Thank you for writing your review.Here at Firstsource, we pride ourselves on our strong people culture. Our Team Leaders and HR Teams are always on hand to provide guidance and support where needed, and our health and wellbeing offering provides expert help to all employees. We're sorry if this wasn’t your experience whilst you were with us, and wish you all the best in your future career.

Miserable management and not worth the mental stress

Awful, avoid at all costs, management is horrendous, no support, constant tech issues, no area for progression and a very clicky environment, not worth it

20 May 2022
Thank you for your review – We're sorry to hear your time with us wasn’t a more positive experience.Our Team Leaders and HR Teams work hard to provide a rich and fulfilling environment where each and every member is supported in any way they need. We also provide our Employee Assistance Programme where you have access to expert advice from trained counsellors too. We do hope you reached out for help when you needed it. We offer a structured and progressive environment where once you are settled in your role and ready for the next step, you can learn and grow and progress your career. We're sorry it didn’t work out for you and wish you all the best for your future career.

Don’t bother

Management is terrible- supervisors are very arrogant which I’m surprised at since they sacrificed there mental health to get promoted- can easily move you to a Another role which is way more difficult but will leave he betters performes on the same areaAbuse or power and not worth the minimum amount they payYou.

16 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review – We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience whilst working with us.At Firstsource we have a strong people culture which supports our colleagues at any stage of their careers. Our Team Leaders, HR Teams and Mental Health First Aiders are all there to guide and support you in any way you need. We have a zero-tolerance policy in relation to any kind of bullying or abuse - We do hope you took the opportunity to reach out for support whilst you were with us. If not, we would like to invite you to contact the local HR Team who will listen to you in confidence and take any necessary action required.We wish you all the very best in your future career.

Relaxed job and good practise for developing customer service skills.

While working here I was on the Now campaign and got a great mix of experience across working via calls, emails and their social team. I think the job was one of the least stressful jobs that I had which is saying something. Although I had a really bad SME and TL when I first joined but they got sacked and i got a good one after which was just in time as they almost drove me to leave. They had a 4 day week which was great for having 3 days off to break the week up and work other jobs. Good atmosphere and I did like who i worked with. The have a mass email which lets you know about upcoming jobs which is great and I got a few jobs this way so there is a lot of opportunity to get around and try different things. Brush up on complaints handling, maybe some social media management or recruitment. I would like to say the worst part of the job was pay. They pay minimum wage with a bonus structure with 200 quid max but you'll find you will only ever get between £50-£100 which is nothing after tax. I had to leave as the pay just was not enough and not able to keep up with my bills and moved to a similar job elsewhere with better pay which is a shame really as I did like this job.

Pros

Opportunity for new jobs around a call centre, Good work life balance.

Cons

Diabolical pay, You will end up in debt working here unless you live at home at hotel mummy and daddy

6 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that the work-life balance worked well for you. It’s great to hear that you took advantage of the opportunity to do different roles – this fits exactly with our ethos of providing an environment where our colleagues can develop and progress their careers. Our leadership teams work hard to provide support and guidance for their colleagues – We're sorry that wasn’t the case for you and hope you raised this through your HR Partner whilst you were with us.In terms of our pay and benefits package – on top of your base salary, there are various opportunities to participate in incentive schemes and the chance to work overtime if you wish. In addition to this, we offer a pension, healthcare cashback plan, and a wide range of perks and discounts to help your money go further. We're sorry it didn’t work out for you and wish you all the very best in your future career.

Ok but non stop workload

Enjoyed the work for the most part but the phone never stops ringing.Hard work culture gets monotonous at times dealing with the problems that the bank customer faces from the terrible bank that the contracts with.

22 April 2022
Thank you for your review – We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We are a fast-paced customer service provider and are always on hand to support our customers - so it does get busy sometimes. It sounds like you did a great job – so thank you for that. We wish you all the best for your future career.

n/a

Really enjoy working there as have done for nearly 10 years. People are great and real good energy on the floor. Would recommend and great for progression.

22 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear that you are building a long and fulfilling career with us and that you enjoy the buzz of the call floor. Please keep up the good work and all the very best for your future.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Firstsource Solutions with

• Firstsource Solutions
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?