FIS

FIS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom157 reviews

Found 157 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,619 reviews
fisrolesalarytargetdirectionsalestaffteam

Company treats you well, difficult to progress

I’ve been great working for this company since day one. The company is very dynamic and changes a lot, coronavirus was handed excellently and the company pushed on. Lower management are excellent in general and upper management seem to lack clarity and focus on the struggles and strides of the front line staff. Communication lacks where it’s important and is too prevalent in irrelevant topics.

Pros

Great hours.

Cons

Hard to progress and better yourself

False persona ruthless culture

FIS says the right things, but is cut throat in it’s actions. They pay the big bosses crazy money, and bonuses, but not their staff. Nasty aggressive throw away culture. Not a nice place to work anymore.

Insights into FIS

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Don’t go there

I worked for this company when it was NatWest/RBS/Worldpay for over 20 years, and they were taken over in 2019 by FIS Global and it became a nightmare, the US management came over to the UK promising everything,”This will be the best and last company you will ever want to work for” “ We have great things planned” “This company is going to be so big you’ll want to stay forever”, what they didn’t tell us was that by June 2021, the jobs would be in India and the majority of us would be made redundant. The work while I was here became very stressful as we were constantly under pressure to reach targets and the managers just didn’t care about anything but themselves, unless you were in one of their little clicks and they considered you a mate. The atmosphere was toxic as people were constantly fighting against each other to keep to the standards expected so back stabbing your colleagues was the only way you could achieve anything. Horrible company don’t even go there, you will regret it.

Pros

Good Canteen, and flexible working, good company benefits

Cons

Management are bullies

Official response from FIS

18 October 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you have taken to write your review and are happy to hear that you appreciated the flexible work environment and other benefits provided at FIS. As you mentioned, FIS continues to grow and develop through a mix of organic growth and acquisitions and sometimes that requires change across various aspects of the organization, including reorganization in business units. Since you are no longer an active FIS colleague, we can’t get more details on your feedback with regards to the other cons you have mentioned but we wish you the best of luck.

Very meh

Worked here for a few months for the Post Office Travel Card, was shown the door for apparently swearing on a call which I knew I didn't. Asked to hear the call for evidence and was told no. If the staff don't want you there, they will find a way to get rid of you. Completely unfair management and would not recommend working for FIS.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Lots of time doing nothing, terrible management.

Nem ve la mais

Bullying, incompetencia, falta de comunicacao e falta de organizacao

Pros

Nenhumas

Cons

Nao existem quaisquer tipos de vantagens

Great company benefits and work culture

The work experience will depend on the position and the department. I enjoyed working for this company only issue was the salary about 18k/year can reach 22k with bonuses. Great workplace culture and management.

Pros

Company benefits

Cons

Low salary

Worst place I've worked!

From starting the job you are promised the world, training is great and a fun experience. However once you go on to the call floor and start the job you soon come to realise that what you have experienced so far is nothing like the actual job. The managers are useless and promotions go to the people that kiss up to the managers rather than people who actually deserve it. The company expect so much from you and reward you very little, the managers are more interested in giving you a hard time for the slightest mistake than giving you praise for alot of good work. Honestly worldpay is the worst place I've worked in my life, the morale in the office is so low, staff are constantly complaining about their jobs (understandably) and the job depression is contagious!Managers will rarely help you when you need it and you will be left to deal with issues that are out of your hands on a regular basis.Also if you dont fit the generic mainstream look you will not fit in! seen plenty of good people get bullied and bitched about in the office.I would stay away from this place, you see too many people come in full of life and energy and after a few months they've lost all hope. A lot needs to change for the place to be an enjoyable workplace starting with the managers. DONT APPLY!! THERE ARE PLENTY MORE JOBS OUT THERE THAT YOU WILL ENJOY A LOT MORE THAN THIS ONE!!

Pros

Free brews, Made some good friends

Cons

Management, Bullying, Morale

Relaxed and supportive place to work.

The people are lovely and management have been very understanding with shift changes due to childcare issues. There is also a good benefits package and bonus scheme.

Pros

Salary, benefits scheme and flexible hours.

Don’t bother

From starting the job, you were promised the world, we got taken to sales conferences and paid nights out then a few months in that’s when everything went downhill, if you’re not in the clique then there’s no point going to work, managers are too friendly with staff and only care about having a chinwag with them than helping you, my manager would discuss everyone else with whoever the favourite person was that week, I actually got bullied out of the workplace by my team because I wasn’t in their group and the manager done nothing because he was also in that group, if you do a good job they don’t praise you, they just investigate you because apparently you can’t be good at your job, the benefits system they have is probably the only thing that kept me at the company for the 4 years I was there, so if you want to be able to get the latest iPhone every year and don’t care about being bullied by people half your age then sign right up!

Pros

Benefits packages

Cons

Management don’t care, no discipline for the favourites even when they’re doing something wrong

None existent training, extremely stressful and rude management

Initially the role seemed quite promising, their offices are clean and modern. The hours are good and the salary is decent with WFH possibilities. However, this quickly turned sour when you're given an unrealistic workload (to the point where experienced team members commented on how unmanageable your workload looks) and literally ZERO training on important accounts. I was constantly berated by a team lead who would consistently advise how i've done a process wrong that I'd had absolutely no idea existed or had ever been trained on. Occasionally had fingers clicked at me and even an "Oi" to get my attention. I felt like everyday i was getting "told off" for processes I couldn't possibly know. Most of the team is unhappy and wants to leave. Three people left within 3 weeks at one point. The workload is ridiculous with absolutely no down time - some teams however clearly have a nice mix of quiet/busy days. Somehow managed to last 6 months in the role before deciding to leave without another job lined up. Ultimately your mental health is more important and this job put me on the verge of a nervous breakdown and I'm used to busy, fast paced roles. I wouldn't recommend working here but it seems very dependant on the team you land on. I know people who have supportive, friendly management with a reasonable workload. My experience was awful and leaving this job is probably the best moment of my career.

Official response from FIS

7 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Unfortunately, since you are no longer an active employee, we can’t get more details on your feedback. We are sorry that you had a bad experience. Our collective workforce is a priority at FIS. we are committed to making sure our employees’ voices are heard which is why we deploy an annual People Survey as a tool for employees to address their concerns. Managers at all levels can view comments and results left by their team so they are aware of improvements needed. Employees are also encouraged to reach out to their local People Representative with concerns/suggestions they may have. Also, at FIS, we expect everyone who works for and with FIS to act in accordance with our ethics guidelines and respect colleagues, clients, and vendors alike and to report any allegations of violations to the FIS Ethics team. You can reach them online via https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/20341/index.html

Was a good place to learn and develop.

I learnt and developed a lot during my time at FIS as this was my first account management role although having previously working in sales and customer service I had a lot of transferable skills that allowed me to quickly adapt to the role and succeed. I did however out grow the role and am looking for more of a challenge as I did not feel there was sufficient progression available within the company.

Keep away

Avoid working here unless you want to be treated like a robot! Productivity tools which give you 7 minutes in your shift to go to bathroom! Not human!

Good

Worldpay are a very good company to work for. They provide constant training, excellent pay package and opportunity to grow within the business. Good location and a very good environment to work

None existent training, extremely stressful and rude management.

Lovely company to work

Worldpay a lovely company to work till recent overtaking by FIS where they made lots of people redundant, I have a good experience to work for different teams a good management , communicated with international teams and developed a lot of good skills

Fast pace thriving place

Good organisation to work for, many changes due to acquisitions in recent years. Good location in central london and many growth opportunities. Recommend

Great company overall but....

Avoid client services = glorified Support, bad outfits occupies these area of the business. Plottings and ostracisation if you challenge incompetencies.

Great Career Growth

Best place to start your career in Fin-tech company. local to the City, on Hagley road. Great environment, you will always have management team around you to support and engage with in your day to day work.

Not good

Bully culture, pay very low, micro management, overloaded work, senior management is shellfish, senseless and out of touch. At start things were ok but there disorganized attitude shown immediately.

Joke of a place!!

More people in loos sniffing than working and looked like zombies ammt of hungover idiots and that’s just management! No direction or structure and a pathetic attempt to not call the place what it is...a focal centre

Pros

Cons

Loads of them mostly bullshiting management

Best place to work

I love working at worldpay.. friendly staff.. easy going and lots of on site training, enjoys events at the office , no stress at all. Great conversations with staff, well focus staff to get the job done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement