FIS

FIS Employee Reviews

I learnt and developed a lot during my time at FIS as this was my first account management role although having previously working in sales and customer service I had a lot of transferable skills that allowed me to quickly adapt to the role and succeed. I did however out grow the role and am looking for more of a challenge as I did not feel there was sufficient progression available within the company.
The work experience will depend on the position and the department. I enjoyed working for this company only issue was the salary about 18k/year can reach 22k with bonuses. Great workplace culture and management.
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Low salary
Initially the role seemed quite promising, their offices are clean and modern. The hours are good and the salary is decent with WFH possibilities. However, this quickly turned sour when you're given an unrealistic workload (to the point where experienced team members commented on how unmanageable your workload looks) and literally ZERO training on important accounts. I was constantly berated by a team lead who would consistently advise how i've done a process wrong that I'd had absolutely no idea existed or had ever been trained on. Occasionally had fingers clicked at me and even an "Oi" to get my attention. I felt like everyday i was getting "told off" for processes I couldn't possibly know. Most of the team is unhappy and wants to leave. Three people left within 3 weeks at one point. The workload is ridiculous with absolutely no down time - some teams however clearly have a nice mix of quiet/busy days. Somehow managed to last 6 months in the role before deciding to leave without another job lined up. Ultimately your mental health is more important and this job put me on the verge of a nervous breakdown and I'm used to busy, fast paced roles. I wouldn't recommend working here but it seems very dependant on the team you land on. I know people who have supportive, friendly management with a reasonable workload. My experience was awful and leaving this job is probably the best moment of my career.
Official response from FIS
7 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Unfortunately, since you are no longer an active employee, we can’t get more details on your feedback. We are sorry that you had a bad experience. Our collective workforce is a priority at FIS. we are committed to making sure our employees’ voices are heard which is why we deploy an annual People Survey as a tool for employees to address their concerns. Managers at all levels can view comments and results left by their team so they are aware of improvements needed. Employees are also encouraged to reach out to their local People Representative with concerns/suggestions they may have. Also, at FIS, we expect everyone who works for and with FIS to act in accordance with our ethics guidelines and respect colleagues, clients, and vendors alike and to report any allegations of violations to the FIS Ethics team. You can reach them online via https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/20341/index.html
Avoid client services = glorified Support, bad outfits occupies these area of the business. Plottings and ostracisation if you challenge incompetencies.
Best place to start your career in Fin-tech company. local to the City, on Hagley road. Great environment, you will always have management team around you to support and engage with in your day to day work.
Bully culture, pay very low, micro management, overloaded work, senior management is shellfish, senseless and out of touch. At start things were ok but there disorganized attitude shown immediately.
Challenging role in a busy team. Despite this everyone here pulls together when they have to in order to ensure the work gets done and that it's completed to the highest possible level
after the FIS Global take-over of Worldpay in London, FIS have been nothing short of useless - lots of talk on the commercials with IT suppliers, but no action or strategic direction given from anyone in senior management from FIS - they seem to be actively forcing FTE from Worldpay out so they can "manage" things from Florida - none of those staff are globally experienced & pretty useless when it comes to key decisions to be made for Worldpay = they simply do not know how to do things.
I worked for FIS for a good number of years, I really enjoyed my job. Although since leaving & working elsewhere I have seen that The management have a lot to answer for. Nothing gets kept confidential, full of gossips & 2 faced people. They need more male management. Pay isn’t the best for the type of work it is.
Great place to work at, Work environment is great, flexibility is the key. Managers help you grow within the company, lot of opportunities provided for growth
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FIS?
Manager is flexible. Workplace culture is normal. A typical day starts at 6am, having breakfast, chatting, checking inbox. The hardest part of the job is the nightshifts which there is hardly any work to do, just sitting on the chair and waiting. Learned about the banking and payments sector.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Nightshifts
FIS is changing every day since SunGard acquisition. Departments are merged, consolidated and newly created as well. Management is rapidly changing which is good but sometimes you feel the company is not having a clear vision. Overall very nice company, professional people, wonderful team and happy time to work.
Not the best place to work. Management staff horrible and act like they are highly above you and criticise your every move. Very judgemental and down putting. Overall not a nice environment to work in.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Horrible managers
Good atmosphere, good manager. Busy environment, Friendly Staff. The work load at times could be too much! I enjoyed working here as the overall atmosphere was lively, fun and busy.
Pros
nice office
Cons
work load
I worked here for a short period of time, got about 3 days of training and then got put on the phone. I felt like every time i asked a colleque for help i got moaned at and told to call over to the managers even though they were never there when needed so it ended up i had to ask a colleque for help anyway. After being there for just over a month i got fired for something i done on my second week of being there, with no warning of being fired either. Done a full shift for them and as soon as i got home i got the phone call. Went back to collect my stuff and one of the managers acted all cheery to me acting like nothing happened and was just completely disrespectful to me. Im glad to be out of it. Only good thing about it was some of the people i worked alongside.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Awful mamagement, bad training, no guidance, management doesnt care about their workers, management always in "meetings", horrible place to work for.
I support the SVP and have an admin assistant that supports the team and reports in to me. I not only support the day to day life of the SVP but I run the team and am a point person on projects. I also deal directly with clients and schedule meetings and presentations that i helped create. I organise the yearly Sales Boot Camp for the entire team (300 people) single-handedly. I am a problem solver and i take responsibility to train all new joiners on our systems. I also created an onboarding procedure to make it easier for new joiners. I am always the first point of contact for any issue, because I am a problem problem solver and a very good listener..
Pros
family atmosphere and healthcare as well as GYM allowance
Cons
i am moving to Switzerland soon and the Job is in London
Whilst I worked at this company, I enjoyed my job, as it was a new role I made it my own. Due to being a US based company, not much stock was placed on the UK side of the business. The people I worked with made it more fun to be there. Whilst I would not personally recommend anyone from applying I would never discourage anyone for applying as everyone experience is different
Pros
Cons
expected to work above and beyond, with no financial gain
Has a open and friendly company culture. Promotion is possible if you work hard. Staff who leave are not replaced which means staff whom remain are overworked which has a impact on the overall quality of service delivered.
Pros
Fun culture
Cons
Yearly salary increase low
I worked for F.I.S for 7 months and I enjoyed my role there but the job was too demanding. My typical day at work was very challenging and busy. The management was not that helpful as they were also busy dealing with their own task. The workplace culture was putting customers and Company's interest first. The hardest part of the job was making cold calls to customers in France, negotiating and resolving debts problems and at the same time being insulted on the daily basis whilst i tried to collect debts from customers. It was so challenging and demanding with no support from management that I decided to quit and return to Immigration job.
Always a friendly, open, atmosphere with colleagues and others. A decent day's work, under your own control, and not policed as it were, from above. Management always took a backwards seat but were there when it mattered. My colleagues were the best - always ready for new challenges, which were presented constantly. The workload was wide and varied, not confined, and this would occasionally call for reading the manuals, which was probably the hardest part of the job! But you were never alone, which made the job enjoyable - others would join in until a problem was solved!
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Occasional problems
FIS is one of the biggest financial companies globally; it has been that way for quite some time as it has saturated its market in America and has now come across to EMEA. It's processes are outdated, management often seem disillusioned and the although they achieve good results they are not with the times. There is no committement to social well-being and the work life balance is often appalling in some circumstances.
Pros
Good salary, good career progression if you work incredibly hard
Cons
Long hours, No social commitments, outdated philosophy, low morale
  1. Employee reviews