Fisher Foods

Fisher Foods Employee Reviews with Jobs

good place to work for

Really liked working here until the company went bust great company to work for people nice to get on with work conditions were okay too

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Long hors

Decent place

I started a few weeks ago, first as a deli worker now as cashier, place is decent but management sucks. I never got a call about my new position sadly and learned that I was cashier instead of personal shopper the morning of my new shift....

Descent place to work

I was treated well there by most of management and my co-workers. The pay was a little low. The head cashier was very sweet to work with. Some of the customers can be demanding and rude.

Pros

Direct boss was nice

Cons

Long hours on feet

a total disaster

Currently the employees who work there are being payed less than the new hires, as well as getting fewer hours. It also seems like new hires are getting more opportunities for promotions. Employees with more seniority often have to step in and help the new managers because of poor training. They are so short staffed that they constantly pull employees from other stores to cover for other peoples shifts. Some of the Management is being forced to work overtime due to lack of staff, then being punished for it. Because of all this, and many more reasons, employees of over 30 years have walked away from the company just to go to one of our competitors.

Pros

Friendly co-workers, long breaks

Cons

The owners, no standards, rude customers

Awful and waste of time.

They started hiring people at higher wages. People who have been here for 20+ years are getting paid less than kids who got their first job here.Don't apply here, unless you like being taken advantage of.The owner of the company is crazy.

Pros

Awesome coworkers, super friendly people.

Cons

Jeffrey Fisher.

Decent place to work

Fishers is a union job so your employment is secured but they dont pay enough and not many raises. They're not flexible with hours they primarily Want everyone thats newer to work all weekends and certain people have situations where they can't work every weekend for example a second job, court ordered visitation schedules, etc. They need to be more flexible with potential employees and they'd get more people hired.

Pros

Hour lunch break

Cons

Low pay rate, not flexible

The costumers are amazing and also my co-workers

I’m nice, smart, and kind to everyone I meet sometimes a little shy at first but when I get to know someone I would definitely break from being shy so much.

No room for improvement and toxic schedule.

Working in here is so hard you gotta maximize your skills due to lack of manpower. Often times you will render straight duties which a minimum of 20 hours shift work. They want you to render over time most of the time. The management has no consideration to their employees.

Pros

You will learn to maximize your skills due to lack of manpower.

Cons

Excessive working hours.

What i learned

i learned that having a job is more responsibility than people think and fishers put me to that test and is a great place to test your strength. may not be the job for me but for some, yes!

Pros

always friendly people, always smiling faces, everyone is positive, work gets done.

Cons

pay rate, days off

Owner sucks

I was dragged around all the time by management and owners, whether it was getting my hours cut or being made to cross-train in just about every other department. On some days I barely had time to do the job I was originally hired for, but we'd either be short-staffed and busy or completely dead, so I was forced to learn how to close the bakery in basically one shift. I had fun co-workers but I wouldn't even shop there again under current leadership.

Friendly coworkers

Fisher foods is a family owned grocery store that I worked at 3 different times before moving to sc it has a bakery ,excellent food, relaxed but fast paced. Friendly where people help each other in slow time periods as well. They give fair chances to all and do not discriminate. Was utility clerk for 2 yrs. 16 to 18 yrs of age is great for the kids going out for a first job. Then cashiered then worked in bakery the last time there. You can advance in the place if stay and work for the different positions.

Pros

Fast paced friendly advancements to different positions

Cons

No paid sick days have work there a year before paid vacation.

Stressful environment

Most days were good but there was a lot of days where there was no help and I had to take on more then three different jobs at a time... I am capable of doing so.. But was very stressful when they expected it constantly with no type of pay increase or acknowledgment

Pros

Costumers were very friendly

Cons

Short breaks rude managegment with exception of one manager

They Suck

I will never work there again,the management is horrible and Discriminates against females. I had to move out of town anyways,Im glad I left that place.

Pros

Cons

breaks were ok

grocery clerk

A typical day at work you go in and instantly everyone is in a bad mood. it seems like as soon as you walk in the store all the energy is sucked out of you and you feel down. but the work is really easy and slow paced. hours are very flexible but hours are hard to come by. but overall if you do your job its a simple day.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

poor attitudes

Fun job skills

The actual work done behind the scenes was fun. Learning to decorate is great but worthless unless they pay you your dues for it. Always working and short on staff.

Not a good working environment

Not a good working environment, very stressful. The management was very mean at times. They also had me doing multiple jobs at once. I was doing things that were not in my job description

Stressfull work place

This job was very stressful and its future is not looking good. Basic day was filling cases, cleaning, and unloading trucks. This job could be very physical also.

Great business being run into the ground by ownership.

Management team wasn't allowed to perform their duties without being micro-managed by ownership. Ownership treats employees like an enemy instead of an asset. Great workforce and many good department managers. A lot of "brown-nosing" at store management level. Having original ideas is frowned upon if ownership is against the idea. It seems like ownership is doing everything they can to push customers away. Ownership tries to shift blame for poor business to employees. Loyalty is not rewarded.

Pros

Good co-workers, union wages and benefits.

Cons

Ownership treats employees poorly. poor wages for new employees.

No recommendation

I have found the ownership not management to be low standards when it comes to employees. I have been treated as if I were a slave not a employee. I have always given my all for the work I do and this man has brought me down to about 30%. He has no idea how to talk to people.

Pros

because of union good benefits.

Cons

Owner is flawed.

Started out as a fun place to work, but then things changed

A typical day at work was fast paced and busy. I learned how to be organized and prioritize job duties. I made some good friends. In most cases, management was not the best. Backstabbing was part of the workplace culture, since opportunities for advancement were limited. I enjoyed the work. The hardest part of the job were the every changing hours.

Pros

I liked the work and made some friends

Cons

Management was not the best

Busy and stressful

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with everything. It is a busy and stressful day with not enough help to go around. The ability to multitask is imperative at this company.

Pros

Kind atmosphere

Cons

Short staffed, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement