Fisher Investments

Fisher Investments Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom6 reviews

3.9Pay & benefits

Stressful and High demanding

Being part of Marketing requires being able to work under pressure and time schedule. Producing leads is the core of the business and requests to be able to coordinate the monthly performances aligning with the given budget.

Productive and passionate workplace that encourages effort for personal growth

I experienced Fisher Investments as a company that really focused on helping their clients. The culture was very symbiotic in the way that everyone worked together to achieve a mutual goal of helping clients and growing the business. Furthermore, the company expects 100% effort from their employees and they will reward you if you put in the work. The hardest part of my job was to satisfy the management who looked at the sales targets with hawk eyes. The most enjoyable part was to deliver on the targets and meeting many good colleagues that became my friends during my time there.

Productive work enviroment.

- Great place to gain experience in an account executive (Sales) role. - Requires hard work, dedication to the role and resilience. - Great organizational culture.

good people but that's about it...

I have been in the UK office for 4 years now. This is a brutally honest account and I really hope it helps people make their decisions, there are a handful of pros, but it really is not the same here as it is in the US and I wanted to portray that. Love: - The people you work with (in the UK at least), are great (the ones that hang around anyway). Hats off to the recruiters as they manage to fill the seats with genuinely decent people who want to do well. - Benefits (finally). In all fairness to HR, they did well in bringing this firms' benefits out of the dark ages and into the 21st century. When I started there was nothing. 20 days holiday and that was it. Now we have 28 days holiday, gym contributions, well-being checks, coffee machines, pension contributions etc. Now strap in: Hate: - The firm is ALL sales. it's really all they care about- at least in the UK and it shows. young sales folk are treated like cr*p and are paid awfully. The base salaries for all roles in the UK are woeful and 25/30% below the market rate, it is treated like a boiler room when it comes to staff, they pay peanuts so they get monkeys who don't hang around. Also: To Senior Management: We all know that the salaries in the US are much better, so stop kidding yourselves that we don't and sort it out. - Following on from the above, the turnover of staff is ridiculous. for a firm that has 250+ employees just in London, there are between 5 and 10 people leaving each month. - No progression. There really isn't anything apart from pointless middle management that you could find yourself in. -

Pros

People, benefits

Cons

Pay, management, progression, culture, pretty much everything else.

Amazing culture, but very repetitive work

Great place to work straight out of university. Gives good insight into the world of portfolio management and the financial markets. No previous experience required.

Pros

great culture

Cons

Can be repetitive

FI Review

Decent company to start at - sadly going through a hard time and probably needs to re-evaluate their strategy. However, they do have a specific goal and the means to achieve this.

Pros

You can earn good money

Cons

Its all about just taking as much money off the clients, Putting them into a very aggressive (100% equities strategy) even if they are 80 years old.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement