Fit For Sport

Fit For Sport Employee Reviews

Good work relationships

The quality of staff is good at fit for sport, in that case I do believe staff should be paid better. The work life balance is poor there is no consideration for your personal life which is unhealthy to have to deal with in any job. Other than that I did enjoy working for fit for sport.

Pros

Staffing

Cons

Salary & Work life balance

Just to easy to get blamed for other peoples problems and issues

Just extremley clicky with certain people, at the site I was asigned, no accountability and or responsibility is taking serious and unless ypu are in someones back pocket who is up in higher management it is easy for a new employee to get the blame for anything. truly dissappointing considering how lovely the clients were. Operationally speaking a big shake up and wake up of RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY.

Pros

Cons

to many to mention

Productive and fun workplace

3 hours a day for after school club, positive atmosphere, great colleagues, nice management, close location.hardest part of the day is dealing with troubled children and just making sure every child is happy but also joining in with all activities and snack preparation in a positive environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is just having a great time with the children playing activities together having a laugh, telling jokes. Making the kids day better. Playing there favourite games or just talking getting to know the children more.

Pros

Great atmosphere and career improvements

Cons

Short hours

Hard workers not appreciated

Worked for FFS for a few years. Started as an Activity leader and was in no set location. Often being called after you had got to your school for camp to be told you are needed somewhere else across london so you must go. I also did PE and had large breaks through my day which i did not get paid for as that was contract with the school. Amd difficulties you may experience with children parents or incidents seniors mgnt will not back you up and will tell the parents you will be re trained. I have also saw ppl for no good reason be moved from camp because a parent complained. Pay is ridiculous. As i took on more responsibility of a site manager the pay increase was laughable. Only pro was that i was in a school fulltime and had good staff with me and the school head and teachers and TAs were supportive of what were did. Often ffs staff are looked down upon by teachers etc in certain schools and any problems you have in your pe class just insnt their problem. A lot of staff turnover and very weak staff. If you are over a camp and have 6 or 7 staff on site youbwill be lucky if 2 ppl know what they are at.

Pros

Very few

Cons

Bad pay. Poor mgnt

Extremely Negative Experience

-Unprofessional-Pay errors -Lack of support -Lack of training -Disorganised staffing -Lack of equipment-Not child focused anymore -No guidance

Pros

The Children

Cons

The Management

Another zero hour job

Fairly limited in types of activities you can do with the kids. The repetitive nature of activities can really grind at staff and kids that do every day really get frustrated being there.

Cons

You can be declined for work a few hours before u arrive or even dismissed early to save money.

In all honesty it is a joke to work for them

Where to start... I started as an apprentice and have been with the company for a total of 4 years. Let's take the cat out of the bag shall we.Lots of hours but with massive gaps between shifts during term time that you are not paid for. You could work from 7:30am to 6pm (if the parents are not late) but officially you'll only be working 6 hours in that day. During the Half-Term and Holidays you could be pushed to a 8-10 hour work day without a proper break off-site due to lack of staff and have to sit with the children while having a so called "lunch break" and even if you do have the chance to get off site you have to be back within 10 minute otherwise the site manager starts calling you to find out where you are.Organisation skills required and high expectations but not acknowledged for the hard work you put in for those expectations.Poor communication skills from Management and Head Office. Staff are treated like trash and not properly supported.Apprentices are poorly trained and paid like slaves for the same job that an Activity Leader does if anything Apprentices have more work to do due to the coursework and paperwork they have to fill out. Pay levels are out of the window. For example one Activity Leader is on minimum wage and has been in the company for 4 years yet a brand new Activity Leader will join the company with a similar background at the first Activity Leader and be on £10/hr. Poor and unprofessional management and working conditions (Always understaffed and under resourced) and the general culture of the company. They don't appreciate the staff -

Pros

To improve children's lifestyle, Improve children's sporting capability from grass roots level and up.

Cons

Read my review.

Alright if your face fits

Management disorgnaised and took stress out on employees Rotas late out Inconsistent hours very much a case of favoritism, hours only given to liked staff

brilliant atmosphere

working here is rewarding and fun. The kids are lovely and the staff are all excited to be there and work well in teams. The job gives you the freedom to come up with your own activities whilst supporting you with what ever resources you need.

absolute garbage

Treat staff like animals. No support and have a tendency to sack people when not necessary. They have paid out loads in compensation as a result of this. Use apprentices without any hope of a job, this keeps their wage bill down. Do not offer proper training

Would love to work again holiday camps only

I did everything I could for fit for sport there every time they requiredon't me to be started as manager of an holiday camp then taken on full time and in the end was used as a scapegoat things said were not true but your area manager believed everything he heard so I was dismissed after having a a great record of work with your company Great job at Dorking and Camberley

A good place to gain experience

Great staff, and lots of fun. A great place for someone to gain experience.

Mainly London based training

Good if you are looking to break into the sports coaching industry. Most of the training and sites are based in London and Middlesex. Offer a good apprenticeship programme.

I enjoy working with children, It puts a smile on my face, when there are happy.

Due to me working for Fit for sports I've gained a lot of experience, especially with children. 1. Keep eye on children while playing . 2.I enjoy my job

Cons

Distance to travel

Built good relationships with employees

The team I was working with were very friendly and I could always count on them to assist me if needed. Some days were difficult as we sometimes had difficulty with the logistics of the leisure centre we were based at which meant we didn't always know what area we were able to have the kids in which made for disruption at times

Fun Work, Low Pay

Great place to work if you enjoy working with kids from ages 3-12. I learned how to work with children from ages 3-12. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching and helping the children improve within each activity.

Pros

Great fun

Cons

Low pay

Cultural and fun working place

I start the day by doing breakfast club getting all the children their breakfast sorted. After that i go in at lunch and supervise the playground and run games and activities with them. I then go in after school and run an after school club where we do activities with the children as well. We also do summer, Easter and winter camps where we do all different types of sports, activities and swimming.

Fit for Sport is a great company to work for to get an extra bit of money for the School Holidays. The days are packed with activities both the leisure centre and team leaders plan; Bouncy Castle, Dodge-ball, Field games and so on. You have to be assertive as sometimes children misbehave and need to be reminded of the day camp rules. Management can sometimes be a little all over the place. There were several times as an Activity Leader, I had to step up and take the camp for a day. This can be a little daunting as it may just be sprung upon you. If you enjoy working with children this is a great way to get involved as not only do you get to be involved you are keeping the children entertained during their School holidays.

Pros

Good Money for Spare Time

Cons

If not used to long hours can be very tiring.

Mixed Bag

Pretty fun. But demand your blood sweat and tears for very little money. There is also a lot of sleeping around etc. even from those at the top which isn't nice to be exposed to.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Sporadic hours, low pay

The kids are the only good thing about this job

Basically, you work 12-6 but because you spend 2 hours of that travelling to your next destination they think its ok to only pay you for 4 hours a day. The money they pay is awful and its impossible to find another job inbetween hours. Management are the most disorganised bunch of monkeys I've eve had the misfortune to work with. But the kids are absolutely incredible. The only good thing about this terrible job is that I've met great friends at work and it's made me realise that I need to become a teacher. Don't apply tis not worth it.

Loved every day i worked here!

FirForSport was definitely the most rewarding and enjoyable jobs I have had yet! You feel a sense of pride when you put a smile on everyones face during a hard days work of activities. Only reason for leaving was because there was not enough work going and I was trying to get a permanent position within the company.

Pros

Enjoyable working environment

Cons

Not enough working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fit For Sport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement
  • Fit For Sport
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?