Fit For Sport

Fit For Sport Employee Reviews for Coach

Coach2 reviews
United Kingdom2 reviews

Fun place to work

Fit for sport is a very fun place to work. Through the summer camps it was sometimes very challenging. The activities you were able to get involved in were amazing.

Fit for Sport

During my time at University studying, I had my part time job at Fit for Sport, running Children's Activity Camps in the school holidays and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working here. I arrived at work for 8.30am and finished work at 5.30pm. A typical day at work would include children between 5-12 years old would arrive at the camp between 8.30 and 9.30am. The Site Manager, myself (Activity Leader) and the Activity Assistant would run through everyone's names and go through the camp agreement. Throughout the day we would run sporting activities for the children and arts and crafts. From this job role I have learnt how to deal with difficult situations and have used my problem solving skills and using my own initiative to solve them, and I have learnt to work under pressure as some children have behaviour issues and ADHD, which causes situations to change quickly and me to react to these changing situations and to think quickly, as well as running a smooth successful session. These situations would be managed in a controlled manner, giving the child warnings, time out and taking to the child about the situation. The day is managed by having a daily planner of the activities that would be running throughout the day, and following the schedule of events. The hardest part of the job was to cope with children's behavioural problems, however, I have learnt how to resolved these issues using a my problem solving skills. The most enjoyable part of the job role is seeing the children having fun throughout the day and seeing them learn as we teach them different skills throughout -

Pros

role was rewarding and inspiring

Cons

Insights into Fit For Sport

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fit For Sport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement