Flannels

• Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Very Fast Paced Environment

I wouldn't recommend working here unless you really need a job. They are short staffed meaning barely any training and getting thrown into the deep end straight away, then they have complaints when you can't do the job correctly due to lack of training. Its extremely fast paced especially on weekends and you're running around non stop trying to balance several tasks at once. For what you do this position should be paying considerably more. However the colleagues and management are good to get along with, but in this case it didnt make up for the environment for me.

Pros

Good discount

Cons

Short notice on shifts, fast paced, late finishes.

Terrible workplace - management don't care

As a Christmas temp role, the managers didn't care about us and would often be rude. There was only one kind and considerate manager of the three. They would make us stand for hours on end in the cold and often complain at us for not doing anything after we had just cleaned the shop and made it tidy while there were no customers. There was no room for progression in the role, and overall not a great place to work. Said commission would be split equally but failed to mention temp staff do not get any and also already pay the lowest wage possible. I DEFO DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE, TEMP OR PERM ROLE.

Pros

20% staff discount

Cons

No choice of shift, rude management, boring, no progression, low wage

Nice store, terrible management

Brand new store and smart atmosphere. Sadly with management that have no respect for staff, and inconsistent shifts it's not a place to think long term. Better for making bit of extra money over Xmas, summer holiday etc.

Pros

Discount off clothing

Cons

Zero hours, management, toxic work atmosphere

Cliquey and boring

Be prepared to be standing around doing nothing for hours on end. Pay was awful, some staff were friendly but most were quite fake and rude. Managers were very rude and uptight, also seemed to value VIP customers much more over regular customers. Always shortstaffed and would increase hours without notice. The environment can be quite stressful, theres a lot of rules and procedures and the music was absolutely dreadful.

Pros

I quit

Cons

Boring

Terrible management and toxic work environment

The commission was one main incentive when you signed up to the company to enable staff to make more money, this was soon completely stripped off and you're just back to earning £9 an hour.The toxic work environment and bad management mean that you're often one of the few people working in the store, whilst the managers stand around talking, despite talking not being allowed at all from the lower level team members.

Not Bad

Pay not enough at all you need to work double it second jobIn mean time overall it not to bad Environment and manager are professional and they try to help you..

Not the best work environment

Typical day includes price/size checking, replenishing stock, maintaining standards. Given a training booklet that was a little bit helpful but other than that they kind of throw you in at the deep end and expect you to know everything.. so this job is better for someone with retail experience or someone who actually likes/knows about the clothes they sell. You’re left alone to man a section sometimes without a walkie-talkie (and you can’t leave your section) so if a customer asks a question you don’t know the answer to then you’re stuck. Often felt like more of a burden to customers and to other staff. A handful of other employees were friendly and helpful but the rest weren’t as welcoming, can tell they just can’t be bothered with you as they barely acknowledge your presence. Customers are rude and entitled. On quiet shifts there’s nothing to do but you’re in trouble if you’re seen doing nothing. Would leave shifts feeling mentally and physically exhausted

Pros

Some friendly staff, relaxed dress code

Cons

Unwelcoming, stressful environment overall, rude customers and staff, poor work/life balance

Competitive and Clique-y

Horrible management. Poorly organised. No incentives. Rude employees. Customer priority if “famous” like other customers don’t exist. Management inappropriate with employees

Pros

I left

Cons

Rude staff, competitive

it’s ok

the management is terrible, and childish, competitive scene. and never no promotions. also pay is very low and hours are based on a 0 hour contract. don’t recommend unless you really need a job.

Boring and unproductive

Company is overrated to be a like other luxury stores, whereas you will be bored out of your mind and unproductive for the short period of time that you are there. You are on a 0 hour contract and management had favouritism on who was offered shifts, also you will be bored out of your mind as no customers come in. Also later found out that the company is under Sports Direct which makes sense as to why it is so dodgy and they do not take care of their employees

Pros

Very good work life balance because you are on 0 hour contract. Staff Discount

Cons

0 hour contract with barely any shifts offered. Favouritism with shifts from management for staff

A typical day at work would be to make sure standards are good, putting away delivery, assisting customers. I have learnt about so many different designer brands. Managers are really Helpful and Fair. It’s amazing working with people who come from different backgrounds, it very interesting.

Long days when not busy

During my summer contract I found working at flannels very rewarding, I've learnt about stock taking, customer care and product placement. My other colleagues were very supportive with my training helping whenever they could.

Boring and poor management

Didn't learn anything exciting about the company, I worked for Flannels for over 1 year and some days pay would be good due to commission others it would be quiet and no extra money etc.. its due to competition and the designer stock they sell is over saturated in the market and really accessible to everyone and isn't that desirable. Job wasn't challenging and managers where very unexcited and not passionate about the company which reflected on the mood of the cast members. The work place is very un-organised and you can tell that its part of Sports Direct with merchandising etc/untasteful decor.

Commission

The commission scheme was excellent and divided between staff from the store pot, as well as individual sales. Great company to work for to boost sales and negotiating skills

Very nice place to work. Fair salary. Manager are always present and always collaborating for a nice environment. I enjoyed this experience and I would recommend Flannels for everyone.

Flannels

Time spent here was amassing, I learned so much about fashion and what people are into. Also it showed me how to really get close to customers to help them get the best out of the fashion world.

Skill enhancing work environment

I developed a lot of communicational skills from my time at flannels. in order to really deliver good customer service good interaction and communicate was vital.

Productive & fun workplace

I have currently been in the business for 4 months and I am really enjoying my day to day work life. The offices are amazing and you feel welcomed as soon as you step in.

Great Workplace

Great fast paced workplace!!! Great management and staff members. good balance of social life as the staff are very out going. straff dissocunt is great too!!!!

Pros

discount

fine for a teenager

if you shop at flannels be expected to meet over 50% of the staff to be teenagers. the training is a checklist but your thrown into the job with a sense of fingers cross. hardest part of the job is your expected to do EVERYTHING while some staff do nothing. best part of the job is the product and discount. pay is min wage even for supervisors. there is a chance to earn more by selling certain products. for myself i wouldn't work there again if i was paid double. i am afraid there are just to many negatives.

Pros

discount

Cons

little recognition

amazing workplace

work was fun staff where amazing managerial staff is great. overall a great place to work the environment is motivating and the customers are often very pleasant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flannels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7