Flashbay

Flashbay Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with friendly people

Featured review

Flashbay selected this as a representative review
Everyone works together towards achieving common targets and towards making the company grow and be better, whether it is sales staff or corporate staff. The management team are very friendly and easy to talk to and work with. The culture is also great, a very international environment with sociable teams and monthly events where everyone can get together.

strongly not recommend

worst company I ever work for... horrible management, micromanagement, horrible KPI, continuously spied, poor salary very far below market average, massive staff turnover of course.

Pros

fun team, good ambient.

Cons

everything else

Was okay but not superb

No help with Introduction and no management. They expect you things to do but it’s never mentioned in the interview or job application. Salary is very poor and commission is a joke. Loads of cold calling. But always a friday afternoon drink and monthly gathering with all colleagues and food. That was very nice. It’s nice job if you are early 20ties and naief.

Pros

Friday drink and colleagues

Cons

Salary, management

Management is a complete failure

Very intimidating atmosphere, management and group leaders are mostly focused on pointing out your mistakes instead of helping you get through them. Meetings with tour leaders are strictly informative, but they tell you to send an emails with fake examples of how they’ve helped you in your job. Work-life balance is a myth. If you’re not from Germany/Usa/France you basically have to stay after hours. There’s no other way to complete your probation...

Pros

Fruits. That’s all

Cons

Unhelpful management

Huge improvement over my previous job

what can I say, I used to work 8:00AM to around 19:15PM Monday to Friday, now I can finish at 17:00PM and have time for my hobbies and friends. In my previous job I had to do a lot of cold calling, now zero cold calling which I much prefer. My previous company worked out commission quarterly and nobody could tell the calculation - at Flashbay I can see my commission live at all times and its paid monthly. Its a bit tough at the very beginning to get going but once you have a few customers and you are on new sales leads the work is pretty easy and the money is good! They even pay you for every 5 star rating a customer gives us. Flashbay offers a really decent working environment - its not a dream job but pays the bills, decent holiday, very lean management structure and great events. I honestly recommend it to anyone who works to live rather than lives to work :)

Not as bright as in the job advertisement

The job interview was quite nice, but when it came to training... a huge no. My team leader absent during my first two weeks, the person who was supposed to train me was too busy with her own job to show me anything important and wouldn’t let me do anything practical. I was ready for my first sales after a month of very low training and building my own customers base was very difficult. Be prepared for a lot of cold calling, unless you’re in German or French team, your work won’t be rewarded enough

Pros

Nice office

Cons

Weak trainings

Worst company

The management, the culture & the company are the worst I have ever seen. The work environment is very stressful and you cannot trust anyone. It will automatically go to the management.

for each bad review 4 good fake reviews from the Company

I have been working for Flashbay couple of years. I can honestly said that if you do not belong to US, German or French market you are in a very bad position. Moreover, the Company is managed by a very poor management. I will try to make a detailed breakdown of all awful features of this Company: THE MANAGMENT This "Management" has one only goal; bully, intimidate and blackmail you day by day in many ways. They never listen the advices coming from Account Managers and if only try to give some suggestions they are authorized to blackmail you closing Leads for many days, cutting your commissions (already at the lowest market level) or in some cases they force you to leave the Company masterminding a real exit strategy. They are manic of control, there is Dept. that is in charge only for check your emails and calls and if you fail their controls you are in trouble. RECRUTING PROCESS For the newbies they have studied a very profitable strategy in terms of advertising. They attract you posting on every site a package made by salary plus commissions up to 70K but you are lucky if you can earn 30K, less in many cases...Polish Team knows. Once you have been hired their training program is half decent, they do not have time to follow you so they give you a computer and an online platform called THE SALES HERO ACADEMY and that's it, you will be trained by your own, ridiculous. After the probation period if you are lucky enough that one of your senior colleague leave the Company you have the opportunity to share his customer's portfolio earning lot pounds more but If does -

Pros

location, coffee, park, connections with transport, events

Cons

Managment, Hr, holiday, life balance, work enviroment

Interview was horrendous

Never have I ever experienced an interview like it. The lady who interviewed me was very rude and obnoxious came across like I was in a police interrogation.

Fantastic environment & opportunity

Having worked for Flashbay for the last 5.5 years, its been a big part of my life these last few years. On a personal level its been such a rewarding experience so far as i’ve been given the opportunity to enhance my skills individually and also as part of a team. Encouragement and motivation from fellow colleagues and senior management has been key and they drive me to try hit my targets rather than fear them. Its such a fun diversive environment and ive made so many close friends over the years that i enjoy coming to work each day. The frequent lunches and drinks arranged by the company are another welcome plus for us :) Apart from great colleagues and friends the biggest bonus for me is the potential to receive uncapped commission and target incentives/competitions which pushes me to work to the best of my abilities on a monthly basis!

Pros

Events organised by admin. Fun team to work with daily.

Cons

Working day is a bit long. Options for break/lunch outside the office are limited.

Productive and fun workplace

Flashbay is a great place to work at with some friendly and competent people. Flashbay also offers amazing training and ongoing support to their sales people Good time to join as rapidly growing! Management is constantly reviewing their processes and looking at ways to improve the work place.

Pros

Good work/Life balance, diverse work environment, fresh fruits delivered twice a week, great infrastructure, entrepreneurial company, fun social events organised quarterly.

Cons

Location isn’t ideal unless you live West or South West of London

Having been at Flashbay for over 10 years I can confirm that it is a great company to work for. Attractive salary, great work/life balance and excellent colleagues.

Pros

Great people. Free lunches and monthly socials

In one word: opportunity

Flashbay is an incredible company to work for. I've came across this company when I recently moved to London, as I was looking for bilingual jobs. At the time I had some experience in sales and I always loved technology and I in Flashbay I got to combine both while speaking with customers in my native language, how cool is that? Flashbay gives you the opportunity the develop your professional skills and pursuit a career. The salary is above average and if you exceed your targets you'll see your salary grow exponentially thanks to the reward scheme (commission based). It is a fast paced environment of work but I got to meet tons of people from different nationalities and cultures! On several occasions and on the last Friday of every month we gather in the local pub to chat and socialise. We always celebrate the little things: the arrival of new beginners, the summer and Christmas. Agh .. can't wait for the next one.

Pros

sell in your native language, good salary and commission scheme, multicultural environment

Cons

Excellent company to develop your skills

I am in this company for nearly a year and a half now and can definitely say that Flashbay is a good company to join if you are motivated to develop and upgrade your skills! - sales oriented - top in development of technological products - cross work with other departments - close management With an experience of 15 years old selling personalised products all over the word the company has developed a scheme to help you join and get successful quickly.

Pros

Good package salary

Cons

Interactions with customers only by phone and emails

Nice atmosphere, great people, good possibilities

I've spent already a good couple of years here and met many incredible people. Since I started I was promoted 3 times, my salary increased as well, can't really complain! When there is a problem, or you need something it's addressed relatively quickly. I'd say they are quite strict on professional and top-class service provided to customers, so if you're hoping to fool around, probably not the best company for you. But you're determined for hard work and fair work attitude, I'm sure you'll really like it here and make a good career. There are plenty of people with 5+ years at the company, I think that means something

Pros

Monthly lunch, fresh fruits, a few parties yearly

Cons

9h at work (including lunch) but that's probably normal in London

Nice office, nice people, good money

Good company to make money, in a nice environment and just working 8 to 5! you can have a very good life style. - commission structure: more you sell more you get money, uncapped commission - management and colleagues are helping you constantly to improve your work, to train you , in the only goal : to make more money

Pros

good event few times a year, free lunch once a month

Cons

not open to creativity, a bit more flexible will be a plus

Work life balance, great company to work!

I have been working at Flashbay for more than 5 years. + Flashbay is a company going through significant growth. + They offer substantial commissions and monthly rewards. + Great international environment with excellent colleagues.

Pros

Excellent work life balance.

Cons

Communication could be improved.

Growing company and great place to work

- progress your sales career - fast pace work environment - good work life balance - modern offices - great place to learn - good commission plan

Unprofessional Management

If you like to have a team leader going through your work to try and find mistakes that you've made and then give you a disciplinary for it, this is the place for you. There is no progression opportunity and the basic salary is low. Commission is practically unachievable if you're not on the German team due to the market strength. OTE is nowhere near £70k advertised, you'll be lucky to get £30k

Pros

nice team, nice office

Cons

finish at 6 everyday. micro-management. ridiculous KPIs

easy job with good money opportunities but absoltely not a career company

too repetitive to be enjoyed as a long term job. A sales account manager providing advises and services by selling personalised flash drives to self-employed people, start up and multinational companies in France, Luxembourg, Belgium and Switzerland. The position request also to guide the costumer regarding his need for is marketing plan and the message to pass through the flash drive, the personalisation of it and the data to put inside it.

Muy buen equilibrio Vida privada / Laboral

Comienzas el día revisando los emails que provienen de distintas fuentes. Primeramente de los clientes antiguos y posteriormente de los clientes nuevos o leads. Además de los que proceden del departamento de diseño sobre las distintas muestras y órdenes previas y futuras. Adquirí una alta capacidad para manejar distintas herramientas como era la interactuación y manejo rápido de emails con llamadas a clientes además de los conocimientos adquiridos sobre programas como NetSuite & Zimbra

Pros

Conocimientos de programas como Netsuite - Zimbra. Manejo dinámico de los emails con clientes.

Cons

Salario

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flashbay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement