Flat Iron Steak Ltd

Flat Iron Steak Ltd Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace

Great staff and fun place some not so good work conditions and restaurants can be better equipped for staff Good company parties and good food supplied

great team

worked with an amazing team friendly environment. fast paced work that's why experience is needed be prepared to be tired after a shift. very casual settings

Pros

free lunches

Cons

always busy

A fun, but not entirely fulfilling place to work.

Flat Iron is a very fun place to work, as in my opinion both the staff and management are the best I've seen and worked with in hospitality. Unfortunately I need something that is more challenging and fulfilling.

Productive and fun place to work.

Fast paced environment if you're looking for a challenge in the hospitality industry. Good that you can go home and not have the burden of thinking about your job. Very good tronc (service charge).

Creative and Fun Place to work

Everyone who works at Flat Iron, is friendly, hard working and generous with their time. The work was fast passed as the restaurant is so popular with its clients.

A great, if tiring, environment to work.

I started when the company only had 3 sites and it really felt like a family. As the business is growing it feels more corporate and boiler plate but I made friends for life. You can make a lot of money if you put the hours in but don't expect a healthy work life balance.

Great people and fun place!

I would like to put on my statement that Flat Iron is the place where you can grow, both individually and collaboratively as a team. I have a learned a great deal from working there as a Team Member, and I would definitely recommend to anyone to be a part of it. It is a fast-paced environment but the system is organised so well, that you are not feeling muffled by the environment. Everyone's are very helpful and dedicated to be for you whenever you need it. You can have a lot of fun during the shift , without beeing judged for your original behaviour. As long as your guests are happy, then everything is in order.

I worked two years for Flat iron. I'm sorry to say it but managment is not good. I left the company after two years because of the managers. And after two years hardworking even they didn't say thank you. I'm not happy it's a bad experience for me.

Nice place

I began my career with Flat Iron at the Denmark Street branch as a Kitchen Porter. During my three years with the company I progressed from this to Sous Chef. I was asked to transfer my knowledge to a brand new site in Notting Hill where I trained new employees and opened the Golborne Road site.

Worth the salary

Overall good company to work for besides the very twisted and tiring rota . Too many doubles and everybody gains weight as you only have ten minutes to eat your food in some days.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long Hours

Jobs at Flat Iron Steak Ltd

See more jobs

Strongly recommended

Absolutely great company to work for. Very good pay rate, flexibility is paramount and I cannot stress how amicable the environment is. What I love about this company is the transparency and the fact that chief officers communicate with members of staff directly and personally.

Pros

Flexibility and environment

Cons

Not in my field of interest anymore

bad atmosphere at work

As a waiter, the job is very simple and you get paid very well for what you do, with no responsibilities but quiet physical regarding the fact the you have to do deliveries over 5 floors, take out heavy bins every day, etc. The management is not the most fair and friendly, and the atmosphere at work is negative. Colleagues are fake and creates a bad vibe that makes you don't want to go to work, management knows about it but don't take action to solve it. If you want to make good money for a while is a good place to work at, but bare in mind you do long hours and it becomes repetitive and boring.

Pros

free lunches, good salary

Cons

repetitive food, very physical work doing deliveries over 5 floors, long hours, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flat Iron Steak Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement