Fleet Tutors

Fleet Tutors Employee Reviews

There has been an active need in some boroughs for years now to provide tutoring for children who for various reasons have missed periods of their schooling. In my local area these students are known as 'Looked After Children'. All of these tutorials normally take place in the Carer's Home and is by arrangement.
There is no opportunities offered. Even when you chase them they give an excuse. I wonder sometimes if they treat everyone fair. My impression now is to keep away from this tutor group. I know of even better groups who can offer far better service than Fleettutors. I can write more but i am wasting my time....
Pros
Cons
payement far too late, not helpful, no opportunities.
On average I got £30/hour, the only downside is there's no job security, same with all tutoring. I always got paid on time and no cash or cheques involved, no need to chase parents for payment because the agency paid me.
what i like about Fllet tutors is the oportunities for professional development. sometiemes have workshops where we meet other tutors and shar expereinces and learn more about teaching methods. the tutors coordinators are professional and friendly.
I like the flexibleness and how tuition periods fits in with ones daily schedule. You plan your day and arrange with the tutees family of your intention. Introduce yourself to the tutee and family. * Find out about recent school reports to use as a starting point or a baseline assessment. *Enquired from the tutee what he or she needs help with and thier likes and dislikes. * Make a plan together about the timings, hours per week and the scheme to work on. *As a tutor think of different methods to plan the teaching and toe assess the teaching. Record the information appropriately and make an initial plan. *From this guide- make the allocated visitations . * I have learning various styles of teacher and that not everyone is the same. *I have learned about parents expectations. * The hardest part some times is leaving after the hour has finished. * Working with Autist children has been a real learning curve for me and it has been pleasurable and at the same time exasperating. It can be fun. * It is enjoyable when the Tutee has shown progress and this has been noticed in the comments given by the parent.
In all aspects of this business it is carried out very unprofessionally, as well as a lack of staff appreciation. As well as a generally immature unprofessional working environment that shows to be damaging to the staff's mental health.
Pros
Regular breaks
Cons
Everything else
Fleet Tutors was essentially an agency that was controlled at a very basic level. They hired tutors and would act as a middleman to any person who contacted them requesting information on the availability of local tutors or the parties interest.
Cons
0 managment assistant or client aids
The tutor co-ordinators were always supportive and approachable. Working with the students was very rewarding and Fleet always provided relevant information and feedback.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Everyday brings its unique fun and challenges. But in all, its fun working in all these places.
Pros
Decent and highly diversed work environment
Cons
Workloads could be challenging at times
Interesting and rewarding work supporting pupils in homes and schools. Helpful to raise learners' attainment and boosting pupil confidence. Have much experience helping learners to gain good grades at GCSE.
Pros
Self-employed
Cons
Sometimes a distanceto travel
  1. Employee reviews