Fletchers Solicitors

Fletchers Solicitors Employee Reviews

Management need to focus on the important aspects of the work which is client care, they are too concerned about public image and getting accolades for being good employer which is simply a farce. Many good qualified solicitors have been and gone due to lack of progress and abysmal management decision making.
I haven't worked in this field before but I have been so well supported by the nursing team. All the people within the wider office are so friendly and been so welcoming. The salary is on the low side but the work/life balance I've now achieved is priceless. I don't feel stressed and don't take my work home with me. Really flexible company and lots of paid social events.
The initial interview seemed so promising and I was really looking forward to the job even though the pay is v basic. The induction day was OK and made a lot of claims about being a great place to work. However, once I was in my workplace it was disappointing as the security/IT side often played up and it made it so difficult to do a good job and to complete the ongoing training requirements and access other relevant information. The supervision/support was patchy and inconsistent: Different people giving different sets of advice about how to do the job. The worst part of the job though was the unkind atmosphere in the workplace itself. The staff were often unkind about other employees when they left the room - this just finished me off as I really couldn't cope with the vibe in the particular room I worked in. Perhaps in other departments this is not case but I really started dreading going into work. All things considered, I decided to leave.
The worst place I have ever worked.It has a school like feel to it,Bullying by management and other staff members used like puppets to manipulate.I can assure you that if you work here,it will make you feel like a robot.PLEASE AVOID.I can't wait to find another job
I worked here for years and seen the place just get worse. Management treated us badly it was like a blame culture all of the time. It was stressful and had so many people feeling down. The higher up or more important people thought they were the worse you got treated. The gossip in that building is unbearable, you cannot be friends with anyone without there being gossip attached. The pay isn't great either for the work you put in and the bonus you can get is set by higher up on how many people can earn the higher amounts, they force it to be knocked down if too many people earn the higher amounts, so you can never do well even if you try. I wouldn't work here.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
No praise for doing well, badly paid, shocking gossip environment, overall shocking company
Ed Fletcher is a top man, don’t get me wrong probably one of the nicest people you will meet in the workplace, but other staff in general are snobs and look down on you within the workplace, I never felt comfortable in the office and found it very hard to fit in, i found myself very unhappy and down while I was working there and did not feel like I was getting any support from my manager at the time I would advise anyone to stay away from here
Pros
Non
Cons
I have worked int he company for nearly 3 years and for me it was the best decision. I work with wonderful people and am supported in developing myself at my own pace. Though the benefits of extra holidays and various social events are great to have, it is the culture of the company and the people who work that really shine through and make me really enjoy my work. Work/Life balance is also a big thing and I am very grateful that doing a good job and doing it well is rewarded, without having to work a tireless amount of hours to try to prove yourself. All this said like all companies there is good and bad things, but realistically on reflection to other places I have worked, this is the best by far.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
cannot think of any
Don't let a few bad reviews from a minority of disgruntled employees put you off working here. The atmosphere is incredibly friendly and is not what I imagined it would be for a law firm. Everyone is so helpful, and there seem to be A LOT of people who have worked here for a very long time. So that should be testament in itself. The induction process is thorough and well planned, and they clearly invest in ensuring that this is done to a good standard. The on-the-job induction is also structured well and you feel really supported throughout. The job itself is exactly what I was sold, so I feel the recruitment process was sincere. No work place is perfect, and I am sure Fletcher's will have some downsides, but seriously, people need to be realistic and look at themselves if it hasn't worked out.. The benefits here are brilliant - fresh fruit is always available if you want it, generous holidays, good working hours and a whole load of things that I think people take for granted. Don't forget, they don't have to offer these, they provide way above and beyond what most firms offer! If you are lucky enough to be offered a role here then you should take it, because believe me, from someone who has worked in much tougher organisations, this is like a breath of fresh air! Good luck!
Pros
All the benefits
Cons
None so far
Fletchers is a good place to work. There is a great sense of family in the firm. Their slogan 'in this together' is appropriate. I would highly recommend it as a firm.
What I would consider to be a cult, management attempt to convince employees that it is a great company to work for - the word quality is bounded around more I like tragedy if you ever get employed there Looking for a new job as we speak - a good number of people agree with my views
Pros
Having the opportunity each month at the monthly brain wash to laugh at the likes of Ed fletcher
Cons
Working there
If you want to feel that your experience is valued and utilised - then don’t work for this company! Terrible place to work, with poor management structure who pretend to listen to staff but are too weak to act on anything! Micromanaged to within an inch of your life! No salary increases and virtually impossible to get bonus based on the review system they have. Flexi is useful, but you do have to accrue the time and can’t always use it when you’d like too.
Pros
Free fruit and tea and coffee
Cons
poor Management, poor salary, nursing team very clicky
Having worked here for a number of years I can hand on heart say this is a great place to work. The Directors/Managers are friendly and approachable. There is an open door policy and nobody is left to feel alone and unable to cope! Lots of training is available and there is a career path for everyone! I think some people who haven't worked in other places have need to realise that it is a workplace and a business. Whilst there are gripes about the pay, this is something that the Directors are doing their best to look at but on the whole salaries I don't think are that bad! There are a lot worse places to work than this.... keep listening to staff and and review things on a regular basis !!
Pros
Flexitime, bonus scheme, too many to list
Cons
Salaries
Having worked at this company for a number of years, I can hand on heart say that I have never worked in a more mundane, depressing and stressful place in my life. I would NEVER recommend working in this company. 1. Micromanaged every second of the day, staff are not trusted to complete their own daily tasks without numerous hounding emails from poorly trained managers. Complete lack of respect for employees and will never miss an opportunity to arrange meetings just to degrade and belittle, so that you know who is in charge. 2. Staff are paid the bare minimum, even though the expectations from management increase monthly. More work piled on top of already struggling teams with unrealistic targets. 3. Unrealistic bonus structure with impossible expectations to reach a high enough scores to come out with a mediocre bonus. Criteria often changes without any given explanation and management state that they can only give a certain number of high scores out to each team. Completely demotivational given all the hard work people put in week in week out. When management have the authority to remove when they see fit. 4. Forget any career path unless you are friendly with management. If you happen to become close to a manager, they will no doubt create a new job role for you, which is completely unnecessary. They company has a reputation for holding on to useless employees, whilst the hard working staff have to work tirelessly to compensate. Favouritism is a big issue within this company. 5. Management jobs seem to be given out to the most popular person, who seems - more...
Pros
Free fruit (when you can get some)
Cons
Extreme micromanagement, minimum pay, dreadful management, relentless emails
Good place to work, friendly, flexi leave giving an additional 12 days off per year. Nights out and plenty of socials. Downside, work is pressured but that is usual with PI law firms
Pros
Flexi leave
Cons
Pressured
This company is a terrible organisation to work for. Horrible management and treated like a conveyer belt of staff. I do not understand how they are in The Times top 100 companies, perhaps because they have a mascot hop around the office to encourage staff to nominate them. They think that giving you free fruit of a morning compensates for not paying you properly. They attract a low, poorly educated workforce because of the dire pay conditions. However, they do on occasions send the particularly illiterate to English classes at Southport College. Rather offer 'flexi time' than pay out for overtime. HORRIBLE PENNY PINCHING ORGANISATION
Pros
Cons
Depressing, mundane, low wage, alternate working hours, too many to mention
Flexi time and regular social events but staff retention is low and management have little interest in career paths for their teams. Salaries are the bare minimum they can be for non-management roles.
I had a great time at Fletchers Solicitors and was able to be a part of a great and motivated team. I was lucky enough to move into a position to support this team in many changes over a short time.
Pros
great team spirit
Cons
No progression
Amazing staff, wonderful work atmosphere, very professional well ran business, would advice anyone to use them, brilliant at handling cases.
Fletchers Solicitors is a friendly place to work at. It is always busy and very productive. On a daily basis, I contact clients to keep them up to date with their claim and assist with the legal team. My co-workers are all very friendly and easily approachable.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Working on weekends (Not a fixed routine)
Enjoyable place to work with plenty of progression throughout the firm. Would recommend this firm to anyone looking to seek a job in a solicitors everyone is lovely,supportive and there is extensive training available in order to progress
interesting and challenging as this was a new experience for me. Busy environment
Pros
Build up flexible hours