Fletchers Solicitors

Working at Fletchers Solicitors: Latest Fletchers Solicitors Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews

feelteamstaffplacepeoplecompanytimegreat

Great learning experience

So far my time at Fletchers has been a great learning experience. Plenty of opportunues to further my knowledge base on a range of issues. While there are issues that detract from the experience, overall it is a positive place to work with many job benefits.

Great for the experience but it went downhill fast.

When starting the department manager and team leaders were great with achievable daily KPIs and bonuses. Then Covid happened, the manager was replaced with a drama hobbit and the targets increased with the company not bothering to acquire more leads to work with.Even the free fruit was gone....

Insights into Fletchers Solicitors

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Truly dreadful business ... stay away!

This used to be a great business, this used to be a company full of great people who cared about the business and each other. Sadly, it is now about as far away as you can get from that. If you want to work in a shark tank, this is the place of you... if not stay away at all costs.

Terrible company

Run by kids and idiots. Full of passive aggressive managers who will stab you in the back and the higher ups couldn’t care less about the employees. Terrible bonus scheme and just not a nice place to work

Amazing chance for progression

Fletchers is really great for internal progression and all management staff are very encouraging of this. Especially Adele who has been a massive advocate for me.

Pros

Internal progression, flexibility

Cons

Salary could be a tad better

Great culture at the business, always look to promote from within

Excellent business culture with room to develop but as the business is constantly growing so new roles always appear and they look to promote from within at all times, new management on the non legal side has been key and a real breath of fresh air

Benefits

Cons

Salary

Good firm with good business objectives

I joined the firm during lockdown and was quite nervous about starting a new job under such circumstances. The experience has been quite the opposite - the firm / team were very welcoming from the very start and the firm fully embrace in MS Teams which means that there is no scope for feeling isolated. After a few days of training, I was able to get straight into fee earning with plenty of assistance being offered along the way and good opportunities to get involved in various incentives the firm offers. The firm clearly has a good business model which makes it such a successful firm.Great place to work and above all, the firm offer flexible working which is perfect under the circumstances.

Pros

Flexible Working, People, Work/Life Balance

Cons

None at present

Great place to progress

I have worked at Fletchers for a number of years, but was recently promoted. This has been one of a number of progressive steps that I have been able to take throughout my time at here and I am part of a large group of people who over the years have been able to secure an entry level position and then develop a career. This is a firm where there is genuine opportunity to progress - whether it is moving through the legal teams, becoming legally qualified, or progressing to senior non-legal positions such as the leadership team. If you work hard and adopt the culture, the firm will repay you with a great career - I am proof!

Pros

Great Career Progression, good culture

Cons

None I can think of at present

Opportunity to boost your career and a safe place to work

Been enjoying working from home for this company for quite a few months. It is important to me personally that this company takes seriously any insecurities re pandemic, it feels safe here. Yes, it offers a new start to inexperienced young people (why is it a bad thing for some?) to the new enquiries team but it also offers college courses, Cilex etc and trainee contracts - it's got a huge internal library of trainings and courses and all the know how stuff, a great place to start. There would be always a better position to apply internally once you're in. They have many very good lawyers with long years of serving the company, love them all. Blessed to be working within a dream team of smart and sharp colleagues with very friendly and fun managers, felt welcomed immediately and I am a handful of differences. The company is always heading towards development and would adjust to a change immediately with a good plan for a future, it does well financially. Overall, a stable and a safe place to work and a great place to start your new career.

Pros

working remotely, good salary

Opportunity and Progression

I feel very lucky to work at Fletchers, particularly in a Covid-stricken world. Being offered Flexibility in working from home or coming into the office is perfect for me. In my first two weeks I met with the learning and development team, and I was very honest about my career goals. Since then I have felt supported and encouraged to progress through the company. I started in a fast-paced admin role and will soon be starting a training contract with the firm - This level of progression would not have been possible at my old firm. The people at Fletchers are brilliant, including the management. We all work closely and communicate frequently which really makes me feel part of the firm - Speaking from experience, it's very easy for someone in a small legal role to feel expendable.I am surprised to read some rather negative reviews of the company on here. From my point of view, if you work hard and get involved, you will benefit massively. Like all businesses, targets need to be hit and that can create pressure, but I feel incredibly supported and recognised when I hit those targets. Particularly for any young person with an interest in law, I don't think you could find a better place to develop.

Pros

Work/life balance, the people, the opportunities

Cons

Some roles require Saturday shifts.

Official response from Fletchers Solicitors

6 July 2021
I think your review sums it up perfectly, a great company with great opportunities!

Great place to work,

After working for Fletchers once, I left while I reconsidered my career.After thinking about things and deciding law was the right direction, I reached out to Fletchers. The interview was the same as my original interview, so relaxed and made me feel at ease. Upon appointment the information received from Hr and my team were great, and made me feel at ease with going to work.After starting work, the induction programme is designed with all abilities in mind and is a great way to start your career at Fletchers, the training doesn’t stop at induction as it keeps going wel into your career with them! Definitely a firm I would recommend! If you ever have an issue, everyone is so approachable from the team leaders, right through to the directors and even the chief executive!

Pros

Remote working, training

Great culture, brilliant Company

A customer focussed company with a great culture and really lovely staff. Work life balance is important to me and also Fletchers. Fletchers feels like a big family and this type of culture is very important to me personally. I came on an interim contract but wanted to stay beyond that as I liked it so much and luckily that opportunity came along. I would highly recommend Fletchers as a great place to work.

Pros

Culture, rewarding work.

More interested in making money than looking after clients

Management need to focus on the important aspects of the work which is client care, they are too concerned about public image and getting accolades for being good employer which is simply a farce. Many good qualified solicitors have been and gone due to lack of progress and abysmal management decision making.

Well supported

I haven't worked in this field before but I have been so well supported by the nursing team. All the people within the wider office are so friendly and been so welcoming. The salary is on the low side but the work/life balance I've now achieved is priceless. I don't feel stressed and don't take my work home with me. Really flexible company and lots of paid social events.

Un-organised

The initial interview seemed so promising and I was really looking forward to the job even though the pay is v basic. The induction day was OK and made a lot of claims about being a great place to work. However, once I was in my workplace it was disappointing as the security/IT side often played up and it made it so difficult to do a good job and to complete the ongoing training requirements and access other relevant information. The supervision/support was patchy and inconsistent: Different people giving different sets of advice about how to do the job. The worst part of the job though was the unkind atmosphere in the workplace itself. The staff were often unkind about other employees when they left the room - this just finished me off as I really couldn't cope with the vibe in the particular room I worked in. Perhaps in other departments this is not case but I really started dreading going into work. All things considered, I decided to leave.

Avoid

The worst place I have ever worked.It has a school like feel to it,Bullying by management and other staff members used like puppets to manipulate.I can assure you that if you work here,it will make you feel like a robot.PLEASE AVOID.I can't wait to find another job

Not recommended

I worked here for years and seen the place just get worse. Management treated us badly it was like a blame culture all of the time. It was stressful and had so many people feeling down. The higher up or more important people thought they were the worse you got treated. The gossip in that building is unbearable, you cannot be friends with anyone without there being gossip attached. The pay isn't great either for the work you put in and the bonus you can get is set by higher up on how many people can earn the higher amounts, they force it to be knocked down if too many people earn the higher amounts, so you can never do well even if you try. I wouldn't work here.

Pros

Free fruit

Cons

No praise for doing well, badly paid, shocking gossip environment, overall shocking company

Depressing

Ed Fletcher is a top man, don’t get me wrong probably one of the nicest people you will meet in the workplace, but other staff in general are snobs and look down on you within the workplace, I never felt comfortable in the office and found it very hard to fit in, i found myself very unhappy and down while I was working there and did not feel like I was getting any support from my manager at the time I would advise anyone to stay away from here

Pros

Non

Work/Life

I have worked int he company for nearly 3 years and for me it was the best decision. I work with wonderful people and am supported in developing myself at my own pace. Though the benefits of extra holidays and various social events are great to have, it is the culture of the company and the people who work that really shine through and make me really enjoy my work. Work/Life balance is also a big thing and I am very grateful that doing a good job and doing it well is rewarded, without having to work a tireless amount of hours to try to prove yourself. All this said like all companies there is good and bad things, but realistically on reflection to other places I have worked, this is the best by far.

Pros

Work/Life balance

Cons

cannot think of any

Amazing Culture - First class!

Don't let a few bad reviews from a minority of disgruntled employees put you off working here. The atmosphere is incredibly friendly and is not what I imagined it would be for a law firm. Everyone is so helpful, and there seem to be A LOT of people who have worked here for a very long time. So that should be testament in itself. The induction process is thorough and well planned, and they clearly invest in ensuring that this is done to a good standard. The on-the-job induction is also structured well and you feel really supported throughout. The job itself is exactly what I was sold, so I feel the recruitment process was sincere. No work place is perfect, and I am sure Fletcher's will have some downsides, but seriously, people need to be realistic and look at themselves if it hasn't worked out.. The benefits here are brilliant - fresh fruit is always available if you want it, generous holidays, good working hours and a whole load of things that I think people take for granted. Don't forget, they don't have to offer these, they provide way above and beyond what most firms offer! If you are lucky enough to be offered a role here then you should take it, because believe me, from someone who has worked in much tougher organisations, this is like a breath of fresh air! Good luck!

Pros

All the benefits

Cons

None so far

Family atmosphere

Fletchers is a good place to work. There is a great sense of family in the firm. Their slogan 'in this together' is appropriate. I would highly recommend it as a firm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fletchers Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement