Florence Nursing Agency
Happiness score is 93 out of 100

Florence Nursing Agency Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom19 reviews

Good life/work balance

Everything as you set up to be,pick and choose the shifts you want to work.Also,they are great with providing references and supportive with trainings,there is a training academy and all of the trainings are free.

Cons

Working for Florence gives me flexibility and the opportunity to experience new places and meet new people.There is no hassle from phone calls and where and when I work is entirely my decision.

Insights into Florence Nursing Agency

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Nightmare

Nightmare of a company! There is no support for their staff at all. The care homes take advantage of staff and Florence does not have a good process . Staff are often over worked

Poor

They only send you to care homes .they dont have support jobs.Also they are not active in some parts of the uk even though they claim they are every were.Had to register with other agencies to get jobs.

Never had any issues

Like the app and picking my shifts. Regular supervisions and shifts available, no pressure calls from Co ordinator like other agencies. Never had any issues

So so company

Great company to begin with, however, fast forward 4 month and its a different story. They have taken on far too many staff and now their is no shifts available. It's an absolute nightmare trying to secure work. I actually had to join another agency as no work at florence.

Productive and I gain more experience

Florence should pay carer more and give us more shifts and also post carers to hospital and let the job be pensionable .Florence should defend our right at the hand of care home owners

Nice

You choose the shifts you want which is nice but they are lack of shifts sometimes. The care homes are nice and friendly although sometimes you can feel lost.

Professional and caring

The best agency I have worked for. The staff are professional and actually care about you. They always pay on time and the app is fantastic, it allows you to pick shifts as soon as they're available. Good and fair pay rates too.

Great Nurse Agency

This is the best agency to work for. Choosing your own work enables a great work/life balance. Pay rates for registered nurses are very competitive. The support for agency nurses is second to none.

Best company

I’ve worked with them for 2 yrs now. The longest I’ve worked anywhere. The best agency ever. I get to chose my days I work, where I work & am appreciated

Work life Balance

Very easy to work with this company with great work life balance. Easy to book shifts and pay is good. Over time pay has not been as good as before due to care homes becoming competitive

Amazing support from management and the flexibility to choose shifts is such an advantage.

I love the easily accessible online portal which allows us to book shifts in advance leaving us with a great work/ social life balance and the management are always available to support us and take our concerns seriously which makes us feel valued , I’ve worked for other companies but found Florence still tops in all aspects .

nice agency to work with if only they would lift the 20hrs work permit per week on students on health related courses.

Started as a career and now with the Academy I have been certified senior career. Awaiting my badge on. Time of pay is on time usually Thursdays per week. The time shift is superb.Flexible time selection. On the average they do keep usual terms with their cliemts and very promot on online chat response.

Pros

free lunch and.easy to.submit timesheets

Cons

limited hours of work for those with tier4 visa

Work when and where you want.

Normally plenty shifts available and directions on how to get there. Most work is in nursing home. Can work 12 hour shifts or half days if available. Night shifts also available.

Pros

Download the app. See the shifts that are available. Then apply.

Cons

I am happy to work for Florence

I am happy to work for Florence. In 4 years I had only 3 issues with few nursing homes wich was easy sorted out by my line manager or other colleagues from office. The salary is fair, my relationship with my colleagues from office is very good. I was helped and supported with everything I needed including my revalidation. Is the most serious nursing agency in UK and the most successful business. I wish they never change!

Pros

Good payment, choose the shifts as you like, can have holiday without approval from the manager, etc. Freedom, work-family balance, weekly payment, etc

Cons

None.

Excellent company and brilliant opportunities

Best company I’ve ever worked for, wouldn’t change a thing. Happiest I’ve been in a long time within my job. Best supportive team members and great rate of pay

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Unpaid travel

Agency nursing

Excellent company to work for,very supportive. You download their app and choose your own shifts giving them your availablity and they can request you personally.Also the company who need nurses can request you aswell.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

have to travel

Great work if you're Happy to travel

Can be a little frustrating when you first join getting shifts as staff who have a better score rating can take shifts above you. However once you are in you can pick and choose your shifts though I have had a couple cancelled at short notice but it is agency and not guaranteed. Payment is weekly and always on time though I was taxed at basic rate for the first three weeks even though it was my main job.

Pros

Weekly pay, Booking in advance, Great communication from head office.

Cons

Shift cancellations, Twelve hour shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florence Nursing Agency. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Florence Nursing Agency with

Learn about Florence Nursing Agency in popular locations

• Florence Nursing Agency
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?