Flybe Employee Reviews

One Big Family

Great place to work. Fab people , had opportunity to show leadership skills aswell as having a good friendly atmosphere. Great customers great employees

Nice co workers

Unless your desperate to fly as crew , look for a better established company with better pay, the trains pay twice as much and treat you much better,Good luck

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, low pay

Enjoyable and challenging

Friendly and fun workplace, was like a big family. I enjoyed that no two days were the same. Most of the shifts were unsociable hours but you got used to the early get ups and late finishes.

Each day was different. Getting to mentor Junior Crew.

As a member of cabin crew you work to a roster. As a full time member of crew you worked approx 5 or 6 rolling days followed by either 2 or 3 days off. The shifts were made up of early morning, day, or late shifts. As a Senior Cabin Crew Member, you set the tone of the day, starting of with a briefing. This would include the whole crew covering, SEP, (Standard Emergency Procedures), SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), First Aid, Customer Service and Conduct onboard the Aircraft. Once onboard the aircraft you were responsible for checking serviceability of equipment and security checks, once this was all completed you prepared the cabin for the arrival of passengers. Each day was different and you had to mentally prepare yourself for anything thrown in your path. From Inflight medical, disruptive or nervous passenger. It was a job I loved, meeting people from all walks of life helping to create memories, be if the high flying businessman or the first time flyer. You had to have the ability to change, working in unison with your team.

Pros

Working with a professional Team onboard, meeting people from all walks of life, to create memories and provide a first class service.

Fun and friendly company

Meeting new people everyday, working with different crew daily. From check in to check out there was a lot of daily challenges for example , technical problems or first aid issue.

Excellent Training Procedures

The course structure of the Type rating course with Flybe was outstanding and well rehearsed. On the line training was hardworking and fun. Great Airline to have worked for and a real shame that it was unable to survive in this current economic climate causing it to go into Administration.

Unfortunately made redundant

Company went into administration at the beginning of March as a result of Covid-19 pandemic. I was a cabin manager working alongside different crew members on a daily basis.

Long days disillusioned management

Post failure response. Sadly historically very poor business decisions and development with a lack of taking problems head on. Not reducing fleet size made this an unviable business.

Pros

Lovely area in EXE

Cons

EXE is expensive.

Every day was full of variety and fun

I really enjoyed my role as cabin crew as every day was different and working with different colleagues every day, there was a lot of shift work which didn’t faze me at all as I do enjoy it and can adapt to it very well. I enjoy working with a team and having the responsibilities that go with it. I’m hard working and very reliable.

Flybe

Unfortunately Flybe went into administration, It was a fantastic place to work with amazing staff, the company had a very good relationship with the staff, unfortunately they could not secure financial investments as promised by the government which

Excellent workplace

Excellent staff and customer focus, maintained a professionalism with dedicated staff until Flybe ultimately entered administration. Safety and customer comfort was always at the forefront of those who worked there.

Productive and collaborative

Everyday was different. The work was interesting as it involved all aspects of the business. The ability to work on and be involved with various projects meant the job was both challenging and interesting.

I loved my time at flybe. The job and the people were amazing. Such a friendly and professional bunch of people who did a great job and had fun while doing so

Professional place to work

I would still be there if the company had not gone into administration. Hard work but very rewarding. Not much point in saying anymore as the company no longer exists.

Shame it had to go

Something happened 10 years ago for the company to be valued at £200m to then be sold last year for only £2m if there are people out there that want to get justice for its employees this is worth looking into! Especially as the administrators won’t put up the employees to furlough them during this tough time for 2,000+ people.

Productive and face paced environment

I loved working for Flybe, the location was very convenient. Sadly, on 5th March the company went into the administration and no longer operates so the review is not needed.

Poor treatment of staff, management system promoting segregation. Impossible to get any time off when required. Very poor financial management leading to constant trading issues.

Employer went into administration

Flybe ceased trading 05/03/2020. It was a great job and one like no other. Everyday was different. You continually met new people and there was a real family attitude

Flybe

I loved my time with Flybe and working with the cross section of people I met every day. Unfortunately the company is now in administration and I am no longer employed there. They were a great company to work for.

Business no longer exists

No longer relevant as the company went into administration on the early hours of the 5th March. As it no longer exists I don’t know why I have to review.

Great to work for

Sadly collapsed due coronavirus. Was a great company and an extended family. Early starts but varied work with good benefits and leave allocation. Shame the company collapsed due NO assistance from the government.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flybe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare Flybe with

• Flybe
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?