Flybe

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Productive and face paced environment

I loved working for Flybe, the location was very convenient. Sadly, on 5th March the company went into the administration and no longer operates so the review is not needed.

Professional place to work

I would still be there if the company had not gone into administration. Hard work but very rewarding. Not much point in saying anymore as the company no longer exists.

Shame it had to go

Something happened 10 years ago for the company to be valued at £200m to then be sold last year for only £2m if there are people out there that want to get justice for its employees this is worth looking into! Especially as the administrators won’t put up the employees to furlough them during this tough time for 2,000+ people.

Flybe

I loved my time with Flybe and working with the cross section of people I met every day. Unfortunately the company is now in administration and I am no longer employed there. They were a great company to work for.

Business no longer exists

No longer relevant as the company went into administration on the early hours of the 5th March. As it no longer exists I don’t know why I have to review.

Great family

I had an enjoyable 16 years in Flybe and it helped me develop my career in so many ways, had the organisation not gone into receivership I genuinely believe that retirement would have been the only time I wanted to leave.

doesn't exist don't bother

doesn't exist flybe have ceased the government were supposed to have agreed to bail us out but didn't then a virus created in China finished us off thank you happy now

Fun but stressful

Working as cabin crew is a rewarding and fun career, however it can be very stressful due to the fast pace style of work and high security. Management is very poor at talking to staff about issues within the company which only adds to the stress of the job. Job security can be a problem due to the volatile nature of the aviation sector.

Fun great job excellent crew

Poor management. Company doesn't know what direction its going in. No progression or development No praise or reward Lots of time off Make great friends

safe and friendly

Flybe is full of great characters, most of whom are happy and willing to share expertise. the safety culture is one which Flybe prides itself on - and rightly so.

Pros

only pay tax on flights after 2 years with the company

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Flybe?

Typical Maintenance Repair Organisation

A contract position and used for your skills and knowledge until the project is completed whether short term or long term dependant on requirement. Working there is interesting due to the fact they have different series and types of aircraft to work with.

Pros

n/a

Fun workplace

The people are the best part, great employees and great prospects. The onboarding process is great but the workplace culture is unwelcoming and difficult to settle into.

Exciting and Challenging Business

Interesting jobs available Lack of commitment to professional development from Senior Management. Good job security available dependent on department Poor and unhealthy working environment and workplace culture Good salaries Lack of stability

Enjoyable

I have enjoyed working here learning new skills within the Airline business, I have learnt a lot with the Revera System and data entry I have now progressed into investigating more complicated errors and fixing them at the source.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flybe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7