Flying Tiger Copenhagen

Flying Tiger Copenhagen Employee Reviews

Work for Tiger for over six years loved 99% of my time time there. Enjoyed the highs and lows! One of their values is act like an owner and as a pro active and hands on store manager this is a great opportunity to make the store your own, nurture your own team and be accountable for the success which I loved.Expect a few curve balls and challenges- everyday is a different day! Pay was fine for retail and great 40% discount.Managing of covid was good however tricky when lone trading.Only con is there is really no area to progress after you achieve store manager role.
Pros
Pay was ok, great discount and visits to Denmark
Cons
Lone trading
Years ago when I started working the company was great but since then it's gotten considerably worse and so much more money'hungry. I wouldnt reccomend working here, unless you're desperate.
I worked at Flying Tiger Copenhagen for almost two years. The items they sell are extremely Peculiar but that makes all the more fun. The managers are great and they only employ people who are fun and creative. And the benefits are amazing you get 40% off in store and pay is above minimum wage. I was 16 when I started and minimum wage was £4.16, I got paid £5.50 then when I turned 18, wages were £6.70! It goes up in age brackets and you can make up to £9.60 when you’re 25+ (I believe). I recommend this job if it’s for a student or someone that wants a change in work. I don’t recommend it as a permanent job but it definitely won’t disappoint you. Only con would be long shifts during quiet days means you could be stood behind the till for 8 hours. (You get 30 min break on a 6 hour shift and 1 hour on a 8 hour shift) All tasks are easy to do.
Pros
40% Staff Discount
Cons
Can be quiet in smaller stores = standing around
I was hired as a Christmas Temp at Tiger. The management at the store was awful and permanent staff were very competitive and unfriendly towards the temps. The managers would sit in their office for most of the day watching staff on CCTV and telling us off for things such as serving customers too slowly, staying at tills for too long or socialising with other staff members. We had passive aggressive notes written all around the workplace, in staff areas in store cupboards, behind tills etc. I have worked in retail for years and have never seen anything like this. We were often called in for meetings with just temps and would be reprimanded by the management for things. I have done many jobs in my time but I have never felt so miserable about having to come into work as I did when having to come to Flying Tiger. I personally was asked on many occasions to stay later than my intended finishing time, I never once received any kind of thanks or appreciation. It was a very competitive environment with nobody willing to help one another.
Cons
Competitive, Poor management, passive aggressive environment, unfriendly
After every shift I left with my body in agony, people are worked so hard and under appreciated. Something they dont tell you is that you will also be a cleaner at the end of the day. Was forced to work over my hours - once left an hour after my finish time.
When I first started working for the company in 2017 it was great. Good atmosphere and team morale was great. However I should of realised that by the amount of people that were employed from the interview day that there was a high turnover of staff. Interacting with guests and making sure they were top priority used to be the most important thing working for tiger, but since the company decided to get rid of the regions and focus everything from London, that care has gone out of the window. The paws rewards system was shambolic, they would be given out if you were extra nice to the supervisor on shift rather than for achievements in store. Because so many paws a month would translate to gift vouchers the system constantly got abused and stopped myself wanting to even try and do well. After bringing this up with management who did not care and suggested I just ‘tried harder’ I decided to take my concerns further to HR. I was then made to have a surprise meeting with HR and my manager which I was unprepared for and made to feel ashamed that I’d taken it higher and I was wrong to do so. This was the last straw for me so I chose to leave the company.If you would have asked me three years ago whether anyone should work for the company I would of actively encouraged it, but with the state of the company now having all of their morals gone out of the window, tiger are only concerned about selling plastic tat at the lowest price, not the well-being of the staff.
Pros
Good original team
Cons
Minimum pay, favouritism, poor management support
Ambiente stimolante e possibilità di imparare e crescere
Pros
Colleghi
Due to the manager in Nottingham and other staff being constantly rude, unfriendly (swearing at you) and making me anxious all the time my time was extremely stressful at tiger and I was extremely relieved when it was over. You can’t make any mistakes or you will be shouted at in the office / in front of costumers and we were sent many sarcastic messages out of work hours.
Pros
There is a discount
Cons
Some rude staff (mainly manager) - still traumatised today
Manager is amazing and always checking up on everyone. Small store with only 20-30 staff so everyone is close. Really good discount. Deputy manager was very strict and would yell at employees in front of customers. Shift can be very tiring on busy days as everyone takes turns being on tills and on shop floor as well as restocking shelves. An older male employee made some inappropriate comments to a female staff member which created tension within the employees. No security on front door which lead to items being stolen by customers.
The hours are long, either 07:00- 16:00, or 13:00 - 22:00, and its a very tiring job, it's expected that merchandise is to be rearranged at least once a day (before the store opens) and often twice. Your day will involve running between the shop and the warehouse, trying to restock whilst not being able to get past a sea of customers. The products are of poor quality which frequently leads to unpleasant interactions with disappointed shoppers who have had their purchase break when they get it home. Management is poor. The managers were often rude and didn't communicate their ideas well which lead to misunderstandings. The store manager made two employees cry within weeks of each other. Head office lets you know you're doing well by sending the shop a box of quality street to share. The fellow employees (those who weren't managing) were nice.
Pros
being able to take home damaged products
Cons
long hours, poor quality products, bad management, no incentives
Don't work for cheltenham branch manager is a power tripper and has issue! Worst company I have ever worked for! Salary is awful and hours are long! Avoid avoid avoid!
Pros
Cons
Awful salary, awful management, awful hours
I worked for tiger for over a year before being let go due to Corona virus rather than being put on furlough. Exeter store manager is lovely and does the best she can but head office clearly have no respect for their employees.
Cons
I now have no income
As a part time worker, no weekend was the same! Many bonds were created between me and customers. The job was great and always had something to learn about. I really loved the job! Unfortunately, the team I began working with was not the same as the one I have left. I faced many changes as well as challenges with management causing many colleagues to leave over a short period. However the job itself is great.
Great place to work for a young student starting their first job. Friendly staff and really fun place to shop and work. You need to have a sense of humour to work here. Wages were bad. In a supervisor role, I was on minimum wage with a guaranteed 40 hour contract. I managed the shop 2 days a week, as well as this, I managed during management sick leave and holidays which were more frequent than usual. Management had little enguagement with shop floor staff and as a supervisor I felt I was going above and beyond what i was payed to do. Due to poor wages, staff turnover was frequent and staff moral felt uninspired. The running of the store is generally easy and I was always kept busy on a day to day basis. The hours were unpredicatble due to stock deliveries being unreliable, this was an ongoing issue. Staff were often frustrated having to wait for deliveries to arrive after their working hours were done. A generous staff discount and a very casual uniform were possitive elements to the job.
When I joined FT the terms were good, meanwhile some people left the company, work remained the same. Christmas came and few people were hired, meanwhile after the holidays and the following months nothing changed. Just more work to do, managers were very demanding to make deliveries and sometimes several tasks were required to do at the same time.
Worked for this company on two different occasions at two different locations. The job is pretty chilled. Often spend the day replenishing the stock and serving on the tills as well as assisting customers.
Its started off really fun and easy going. After new management came in, it was horrible, stressful and very mentally harmful. I had no support from the managament or area manager. If you're not part of management your expendable and not cared for.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Poor management
I have been here 7mths now and enjoyed it so much .great team work relaxed atmosphere .great support when needed if the pay was a little better it would be great
Loved every aspect of my job roll.Always new challenges.Great team in store.Support from all upper management,head office and other stores. Would still be working for the company if the Cwmbran store had not closed.
friendly work staff, lots of different jobs to do from till work to restocking to label printing - lots to keep you entertained during the day. easy going and casual. not watched over by superiors all day - allowed to and encouraged to take your own initiative on jobs and stock replenishment. 40% staff discount.
Pros
40% staff discount, flexible hours, casual uniform, friendly staff
Cons
pays minimum wage, some of the stock is annoying (specifically the dog toys)
They felt like family . Busy work always something to do. You work on tills and stock shelves and clean and tidy up and answer customers questions . There’s different stock all the timedifferent
Pros
Kind