Foot Locker

United Kingdom219 reviews

Found 219 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,828 reviews

Insights into Foot Locker

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Clear sense of purpose

Experience is okay but not worth it

For a first job the experience is okay, but it is very stressful and fast paced. Mangers aren’t always helpful. Expected to serve customers while doing five million other things. Minimum wage job but expected to be on your feet for 10 hours a day

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Long hours, stressful, minimum wage

Good

Good team, The company is evolving constantly at an incredible pace, The company is changing and evolving constantly at an incredible pace, you need to feel comfortable with this as there is not always definitive answers to things.

Fun workplace but very draining

It's a fast paced job, I made good friends working there and the team was great, the overall vibe is good but it was always very busy and customers can be rude. You have to be prepared to be running in and out of the stockroom to get shoes and hit targets, it's expected of you to sell 2 items per transaction and get the customer to sign up for the loyalty program.

Pros

Employee discount is 30% and you get 50% discount twice a year

Cons

You usually work 9 hours instead of 8, Very busy and chaotic at times, Shoplifting is a big issue and you have to deal with it

Slow-paced and boring work environment, no job progression

Management is extremely unprofessional, poor sense of responsibility for their actions. Instead of building teamwork, management would encourage finger pointing and blame shaming within the employees Very gossipy environment, would not recommend at all!

Unprofessional and inexperienced

Not good management as they speak in their language the most of the time as well the manager just sits there and do nothing all day.Customers are not getting the proper service on time.Employees has not sales skills or managerial! 👎🏻 👎🏻

Pros

Day shift

Cons

Poor culture

Too much stress too many customers forced to serve at any one time

too many customers threatening staff. Using bad language , too many tasks to do at once. Jobs are not shared equally, and removing bins was dirty. No P.P.E was ever provided.

Pros

nothing free not even water

Cons

long hours, no breaks dirty toilets

Très bonne expérience

Tout était super. Pas de problème a relevé. Horaire bien organisé et planning tournant.

GOOD for a FIRST JOB. That’s about as far as it goes

Not bad, management can kind of suck at times - weekends aren’t fun but overall a good FIRST job. Not for anyone over 23. If you’re looking for something mentally stimulating in the slightest, it’s not going to be found here

Pros

Discount

Cons

Weekends

Good people

Good people to work with but high up dont know how to run a business treat us like slaves Don't get the holidays you want to put in unless management

Na bbbb

It was rubbish stay away from here if u care about your health breaks rubbish pay terrible progression is not so bad but there is alot of better jobs out there.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Absolutely loved it.

This specific store I worked in, I absolutely loved it. I’ve read previous reviews on here about management in stores but I can honestly say that the management team I worked under were amazing. Really understanding in certain situations, great role models and if I helped them, they helped me. I was treated with nothing but respect. The job itself was great for me, I loved it. Setting myself daily goes to achieve a certain amount of Shoe care and CSP ( Surveys ) was fun too and it also meant it was motivation to hit store targets. Adored my time there but unfortunately it came to an end due to difficult circumstances within my personal life. Anyone thinking of applying, do it! You’ll never regret it, hopefully if a store opens up in my area, I’ll be first to apply. Best job I’ve worked so far and has its perks also.

Pros

Discount, working with great people, great hours

Cons

Sometimes it’s a squeeze to get hours during the quiet periods of the year

Decent company

Amazing place if you are looking for a company with fast growing position.Cons: -forget about your personal life once you reach the management position-low payment scheme for the management considering the effort on a daily base (a simple associate could get payed as much as a management position in bigger stores - despite the free stripes uniform (sometimes hard to order due to lack of the product) there are no free uniform shoes like most of the other shoe retailerPros:-great flexibility if you are looking to start a Part time job-decent 30% discount(50% for a few days a year)-fast on growing from associate to Management

Avoid at all costs

I see a lot of dramatic reviews on here slating companies, unfortunately I felt inclined to give feedback on what a utter joke this company is. From the managers to the people who continuously make mistakes with the wages, managers who have been trained to be robotic and see their staff as nothing but walking pound signs and treat them in an extremely two faced manor, the only positive is that you have a bit of staff discount. I'd recommend anyone to avoid this company unless you want to be constantly nagged to hassle the general public and be constantly watched on CCTV.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

management, wages, ethics

Productive and fun working

I had a great time working at Footlocker, made alot of friends and created fantastic customer relations, where in certain cases the customers would come in just to be served by myself due to good customer service.

Fun Workplace

eat place to work, a little hectic during busy periods. Commission scheme is good, maybe a little low for the workload and amount of sales needed to be made for a good rate of monthly commission. Progression can be quite slow if you're looking to work your way up in the company. An ideal first job or part time job whilst studying as it's a fun environment to work with when you have a good team instore.

Pros

a wide array of customers, Staff discount

Cons

busy periods are seasonal, Competitive, Communication

Was ok.

In the beginning it’s okay. Some people we worked with weren’t so great to work around and felt uncomfortable. Gotta be strong Confident Talkative And if don’t understand something don’t be afraid to speak up.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Communication

It was a great experience

Mi had the best of times there it was so amazing I learnt so much in my time there and hope to show my skills and qualities in my role in another position

fun workplace but can be quite stressful

it is an amazing place to work with amazing colleagues but sometimes they dont take into consideration your social life, they want you to put aside everything and make foot locker a priority

Good

Foot Locker it's been a nice place to work unfortunately I did not like it any more after the manager changed I believe it wasnt the right person to cover that position at theat time that's why we've been through though times and that's why I've left

Fast paced and fun!

Was enjoyable working here! Lots of targets to be met, very busy and friendly staff. Pay is terrible and the pros do not outweigh this. The discount of trainers was nice.

Competitive individuals

Bulling and individual competition is what I suffer. The store itself means nothing comparing to individual performance. Good people as Main Managers in north region but not assistant managers andnstore managers

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Foot Locker with

• Foot Locker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?