Footsteps Nurseries
Happiness score is 36 out of 100

Working at Footsteps Nurseries: 25 Footsteps Nurseries Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews

Lovely staff but poor management and low pay.

Staff and children within the nursery are lovely. Some members of management aren't too bothered. Pay on Indeed is false advertisement, as pay was lowered when I started job and handed contract to what I was originally told.

Horrible management

Frequently getting treated like muck on the bottom of you’re shoe by management and other staff, they gossip and bad mouth behind you’re back with management and it’s all laughed off like it’s a joke, always finding petty reasons to have you in the office and belittle you,And then pressuring you every week to do more overtime because they are constantly understaffed as nobody wants to work for them by choice!overall the stress of the job and fear of everyone there is not worth the extra pence they give you on top of the minimum wageAvoid it at all costs!!

Long hours,

Work here if you are happy to be spoken like dog poo on the bottom of your shoe!!! Horrible company to work for they are always shorted staffed, 9 times out 10 we are always working over ratio. Or you have to go to another nursery to help cover there, loosing out on time with your own key children.Management are rude, unprofessional and unhelpful, there spend most of their time in the office on their phones, moaning about other staff members, moan at you. There is no support or encouragement there for staff. Safeguarding issues are over looked. There is only 80p different between a nursery nurse and senior which I think is really unfair considering how much hard work goes into running a room. It’s not worth the money or the stress!!Long hours, underpaid and not wOnly benefit are you can get chance to be employee of the month (but there again the same people win it) get your birthday off, only have to work two shift over Christmas and the Christmas party. In house training from head office which is good.

Pros

Weekends off, Christmas party

Cons

Long hours, stressful, rude management

Awful, wouldn’t recommend it to my worse enemy

No time for your life. If your ill you will be dragged out your house or made to feel guilty and will get a angry phone call. Always a stressed environment, unhelpful management. If your not a purple shirt they don’t care if you quit, cry, disappear, as long as they have staff. Not worth it if you were paid decently but that would even take a miracle it self. Never have a break, mental health will not even be a thing. Never paid for your work, need to give all your life for free. Please do not, it’s not worth it. Many other opportunities out there.

Pros

The children are amazing

Cons

Long hours, always overtime, never paid for extra time worked, expect your life and soul for free.

Rewarding place to work

Being able to work with the children to give them a variety of opportunities gives you so much happiness and love to want to expand your career. Footsteps have a wide variety of opportunities for career progression and company benefits.

Pros

Family environment, training

Highly recommend this company

I have worked at Footsteps for five weeks now and I couldn't recommend the company enough. I was made to feel welcomed by all staff and supported by management within my induction period. My manager is very easily approachable, supportive and has made me feel valued within this short time period of working for Footsteps which I feel all reflects within the team and contributes to their performance. On site training is given and lots of opportunities to continue professional development within the company. Hard work never goes missed and staff are highly valued within this company with lots of incentives and awards given to show their appreciation. Since working here I have been made to feel a part of a team and feel lucky to be working for a company that thrives to ensure that staff are content and happy as well as delivering outstanding childcare. The thing I enjoy most about my job is the exciting activities we offer the children that most other settings don't such as exploring forest school and new environments. Also, the supportive team I am apart of that work together collaboratively to deliver outstanding childcare.

Pros

Staff incentives, Supportive managment, On site training, Exciting oppertunities

Fun work place

I have worked for the company for 5 years and its been an amazing journey, their is always opportunity for progression and lots of in house training which is always delivered with lots of detail and examples. We have lots of fun events thoughout the year free trips, summers fun day, free Christmas party with awards for all our hard work, birthday off, employer of the months and so many more.The company is fun and everyday is always different i have worked in a few of our sites they are the same fun, friendly and exciting we really are one big family at footsteps all staff and management are always their to help and support each others i enjoy working for the company been the best iv ever worked for.

Varied role in a popular fast paced nursery means no two days are the same

I have worked for Footsteps for over two years now and at two different settings, prior to that I was a parent. It’s only after working there that I fully appreciate all that the staff do for the best interests of the children.I love how fast paced the nursery and my role is and that my role is so varied, no two days are the same.The staff morale is great and it feels a really nice atmosphere to come to every day.We have a wide range of staff ages and experience so it makes for a really dynamic team.I’m so glad I took a step away from the banking sector into childcare, and would recommend a career in Footsteps to anyone. They treat their staff well and the incentives and benefits there are amazing.

Pros

Excellent staff benefits

Cons

A hard job made even harder

The job was rewarding in terms of seeing the children develop and thrive. Pressures and expectations from higher management means that you get to spend hardly any personal time with the children playing ☹️ Paperwork completion and how things look override the one to one care that you could potentially offer the children. The children made the job amazing, shame the same couldn’t be said about the higher management. They definitely need to look into their practice and what they see as ‘priority’ in their business.

Pros

Rate of pay, birthday off as an extra day holiday, free uniform

Cons

Long hours, constant overtime (never asked to do, just expected), can be expected to do unpaid work (start before your shift but don’t get paid), too much pressure from top end of management making the job stressful and high pressured, work and home life balance way off

Great people

I loved working at footsteps nursery . The staff were great made a lot of friends . They made me feel welcome part of the family . Only left due to I was getting bored cooking the same menu the company set and the children didn't like it much. I wanted to express myself in my cooking

Pros

Very friendly, paid above the average in the area

Cons

I just got bored

Adequate

I worked only for 2 months and I had to resign as there was no management ( the manager and deputy manager left). The room leader was level 2 and therefore no one followed the policies and procedure of the setting. Children had few times safeguarding issues.I was doing my level 5 so for me it was better to resign and find a serting where I could learn and put in the practice my knowledge.

Pros

Off day to go to uni

Cons

No management

Need different management

I was off poorly and handed a sick note in 1. I didn’t get paid for the time I was off, 2. When I told my manger I was off she replies with ‘what’s wrong with you now’ is a snotty tone and 3. Sometimes I didn’t feel comfortable in the work place. We were also told by deputy management we weren’t allowed to ‘Make Friends’ in the work place.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Pay, hours, rude management

Exciting Place to work

Long hours to work, but the day goes quick in the room with loads of exciting activities and good team work with the staff Forest school is always good fun as well! Management are caring and understanding, they’re a good agony aunt On site training as well is very useful and don’t have to pay The Christmas party is always the best getting bigger and better each yeah!

Pros

Good pay, always room for progression

Cons

Long hours of work

Long hours, unreasonable expectations, no work/life balance

If you like working long hours, and giving up your weekends constantly for trips, open days, and training, This will interfere with your life outside work. The staff are great and work really hard in providing great care and activities for the children. However they are put under a lot of pressure from higher management to complete tasks but are not always given the time to do these.

Pros

Christmas party, Family Fun Day, In House Training

Cons

Long Hours, Low Wage, Everyone is treated differently, No work/Life balance, Staff Turn Over

Best company

The company look after there staff. I have worked within the company for a long time and the bonus and incentives are fab. They do in house trainning and always look at enhancing your development . Highly recommended

Pros

Fundays, free christmas party and awards evening, and free day off for your birthday

Fantastic place to work!

Footsteps is a fantastic company to work for, it's company really cares for all staff and thrives to ensure that all staff are happy and content when working. They are flexible when catering to different staff members needs such as staff returning after maternity leave. It's childcare is absolutely fantastic, the whole team and company care so much about the child care delivered and ensure that the learning is also at a high standard by hosting many different training which are all held in the week and delivered by the area managers, which I feel enables staff to build a good relationship with their area managers and the other employees in the company! Since working here I have been made to feel a part of a team which respects all the staff and been offered numerous opportunities for me to progress my career.

Pros

Christmas party, Family Fun Day, Sick bonus and Birthday off!

Administrator

I have worked at Footsteps as an administrator for a year now and I love my job. I have worked at a few of the different settings and they are all lovely. Training is excellent, managers are really lovely, supportive and approachable. My role is really varied and no two days are the same which I really love As Footsteps have 10 branches we get a lot of support from other staff and we all come together when needed. Footsteps is a great company to work for and you really do feel appreciated.

Pros

staff welfare and events

Great company/Great benefits!

Footsteps is a great company to work for, there are regular staff incentives, regular staff welfare funds and staff days out. The management offer flexible working and hours can be long days with a day off each week or 5 short days. There is lots of room for progression and the training is excellent. The company offer free uniform and reward employees with a sickness incentive, staff are always happy to come to work, and enjoy providing outstanding activities to be children. Of all the Nurseries in the local area, footsteps gives so much more to our children, parents and staff. Good rates of pay, a lovely environment with fantastic outdoor areas.

Pros

Good work/home life balance, good rates of pay, excellent training and opportunities to progress

Best childcare company to work for by far!

I love everything about my job - the company is so supportive and are always working to support their employees in progression within the company. Management are very supportive, always encouraging the staff to be the best that they can be. Working for Footsteps has many benefits - we even get money each month just to reward/treat the staff. We sometimes use this to go out for dinner or order in a pizza on a Friday. Each year, we get our birthday off as en extra days holiday and all staff get a bonus just for not ringing in sick! What other company would pay their staff just for turning up to their job? Higher management are always listening to their employees about how they feel about their working life and are always willing to change things/implement any ideas that the staff have in order to improve this. Most of all, I love how professional Footsteps is - everything is done correctly with the interest of the children truly at the heart of everything they do! Having worked at other nurseries - I am aware that this is something that does not always happen everywhere! I love my job!

Pros

Family fun day (free food and drink!), Christmas Party, Staff welfare fund, Birthday off!

Amazing!

I have worked at footsteps for 2 years, I have progressed from support worker to a room senior with the help and support from the lovely staff that work here. I have enjoyed working within the different age groups and have gained lots of experience whilst being here. The team I work with on a daily basis are brilliant and make my time here at footsteps worth while.

Pros

Staff welfare, christmas party, working with children

Professional and Fun

Footsteps is a strong company with many opportunities for progression. I have worked for the company for a year and have has sufficient training in my time here. The girls I work with are friendly and professional and there are many benefit's for working for footsteps such as Christmas party and family fun days!!

Pros

Staff welfare

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Footsteps Nurseries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Footsteps Nurseries
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?