Ford Motor Company
Happiness score is 72 out of 100

Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

United Kingdom317 reviews

Found 317 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,016 reviews

Started work for Ford motor Co Daventry in 1978 left in 2014.

Brilliant place to work in my time there. Every one in my time there respected Everyone. Work Hard and play hard type of Company in my days there. Sad day when I left.

Questionable.

Not much to say. One person out of the whole building actually made me feel welcome whilst I was there. Dragged things out a lot and empty promises. Great money, no support to succeed however from management.

Insights into Ford Motor Company

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Avoid

Management don’t respect or understand you. No support through the struggles that you face. The job is stressful itself and it would have taken the pressure off a bit to have a good team of management behind you as you know you’ve got their support. However I spent most of my time in that workplace, no social life and they weren’t grateful for anything I did

Pros

Commission was good

Cons

Poor management, long hours, no social life

Disapointed

Ford have always being known for being the inventors of the combustion engine. Ford management structure is now full of managers who sit on there hands, reaping the benefits of their collegues work, and waiting for their pensions.Ford are no longer the leaders in technology and innovation they are followers.The world has moved on and so have I to a much more diverse and inclusive company.

Pros

Cons

Management put stress on people to perform for their own benefits with no flow down to the workforce

Relaxed

Some good, some bad employees. Most management poor team players. Pay very good, work life balance poor. Benefits v good. Union officials in it for themselves.

Good pay rates and advancement opportunities

Good pay rates and advancement opportunities ,Work can be monotonous at times depending on the job but there are more interesting role available.......

Pros

Good pay rates and advancement opportunities

Cons

Work can be monotonous at times

Easy going

Highly recommended, wish I never left. Good place to work, good training, well paid overtime. Plenty of interesting people to meet, made a few good mates there.

Pros

Well paid, good perks

Cons

Good to work, improves abilities and challenge constantly, but challenge constantly make employees get tired.

Switched to agile way of working, but this does not makes employees happy. Whole works are done with restricted resources. Overtime work needed to deal with the responsibilities and it’s not paid.

Pros

Friendship inside ok company

Cons

Too tiring

Ok place to work

Great job can be different everyday if you like a lot of change but this can be stressful and too much micro management makes a good job stressful the need for everything to be correct is understandable but not to within an inch of your life even your break is micro managed too much ticking the boxes

Pros

not enough cover

Cons

micro managed

Friendly and helpful support

Top on job support from staff. Flexibility appreciated on job. Perks available from 1st day on job. Opportunity to drive all classes of vehicles i.e. Flat bed truck, jumbo hi-top vans.

Pros

Company perks are excellent

Cons

Induction in Northampton Centre

a great company to work for with excellent rate of pay and lots of benefits

to operate different kinds of machinery including inc machines. foremen were great when your job was done. plenty of breaks and a choice of canteens to use

Pros

pay, benefits

Cons

working shifts

Brilliant place to work

Loved my time at Dagenham Fords, was only a 23 month contract which unfortunately wasnt kept on to due business requirements . The work was very manageable and the hours were excellent, ive failed to see a better paid job for the type of work it is.

Pros

Money and hours

Cons

Not any

Excellent

Good pay and benefits. Pension especially good. Worked for 20 years left with a pension people don't get in other companies after 40 years. Would definitely recommend

Pros

Pay. Pension

Cons

Shift work

Professional and friendly firm

Excellent place to work. Good Management, good systems and processes. I would work there again. Friendly staff and good perks. Lots of interesting events and training for staff.

Pros

Car park and catering onsite

Cons

Business slowing down.

Not for somebody who works to live

If you have a family do not consider this position. It is 6 days a week working and will make you work a Saturday and Sunday alternant weeks. HR will keep saying it’s 5 but the culture is run by out of date managers who like to sharpen their pencils and hide away on Zoom calls.

Pros

Good Pay for the industry

Cons

Insane hours which actually make it bad pay

Safe place to work with great facilities

Good rate of paySafe workplaceOn the job trainingOn site Gym, sauna and music room.Discount on Ford products.4 weeks + paid vacation annually Job security

Pros

Good people and a friendly work environment

Cons

Rotating shifts

Fun and relaxed atmosphere

The best job I've ever had. It took me to new places and thanks to that job I now know more about England and especially London. The weekend trips down to Cornwall were the best.

Pros

Fun

Cons

No cons

Great while it lasted

Great company to work for, until it decided to close us down. Always last to know what was going on with constant rumours and counter rumours and never anyone to quash them.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Productive, rewarding and fun environment

A very enjoyable working environment, great sense of team work and can rely on each other/management to pull together to make every working day a success.Rewarding work place with excellent upsell benefits.

Excellent place to work

Worked for Fordthorne for a number of years and it is a great place to work.Strong,supportive management,if you need help they are there to help and guide you.Good career progression if you want it.Would highly recommend.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Pay not the best

Fun environment with a family feel

Having worked for the company for some years I can say that it really feels like a family. It's a busy vibrant place to work and we all pull together to get the job done the best we can. Management have always been great with me and have pushed me through the ranks having originally started as a van driver for the parts department. It shows there really is potential to grow at Fordthorne.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Ford Motor Company with

Learn about Ford Motor Company in popular locations

• Ford Motor Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?