Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

A good company to work for, they encourage training and personal development. A very good health protection facility and generally a positive company.
Pros
Good pension
Cons
Best company to work for to develop skills and learn life skills. Enjoyed my time at Ford immensely. There are lots of different jobs available in Sales, Marketing, Finance, etc.
Pros
Cheap cars
Cons
I enjoyed working for Ford Motor Company and the people around me. My job involved a substantial amount of experience of which I was given training so I could safely carry out my job
Cons
Flexible hours
Really good company to work for Co workers are very supportive and excellent careers . The managing director always keep an eye on his employees and correct the works on the spot
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Generally a good level of debate and interaction with senior management however the culture is so risk adverse that no one will really make a decision so while someone can get on with that culture be prepared to have your experience and qualities in general ignored. The process driven procedures work if everyone knows what the process is ....
Pros
Cons
Short notice period no security
Fast production line, but good people to work along side , good fun at times, never see a job like that again real good crack, real relaxed workplace,
Pros
Everything good
Cons
Great opportunity to move to different departments and learn new skills. You are encouraged to learn all department work processes to enable staff the learn the company's work flow from the beginning the the final step.
Pros
Good chance to move and learn new skills.
Cons
Some weekend work required in some departments.
Generally we worked as a team , to supply parts for first run on the production line . We had to co- ordinate body metal and pta parts for possibly 70 vehicles at a time , sometimes working overseas for a year
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Long hours sometimes
12 great years at Ford sad I was not able to secure a permanent job Felt excited to be part of a great company Great working atmosphere Good local management
Pros
Culture and remuneration
Cons
Job security
Enjoyed the few weeks spent there. Good secirity setup and procedures. Long treck from main road bus stop to actually get to the factory floor; no staff shuttle bus; got drenched by rain many a time, in spite of having an open umbrella. Wind blew rain against me from all directions.
Pros
Lunches were never free; and as a casual worker for a sub contractor, meals were not subsidised, so paid full price per item per meal.
Cons
No shuttle bus, and this a motor manufacturer.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ford Motor Company?
Una de las mejores compañias del mundo. Buenos procedimientos y mejores politicas de desarrollo humano. La gente en Ford, se hace cooperativa y amigable. Buenos beneficios al personal que hace sentirse apoyado por la empresa. Ninguna queja, al contrario. Me gustĂČ trabajar en Ford!!!
Pros
Seguro mĂšdico. Comedor. Cumplidor y honestidad.
Cons
Ninhina.
FCE know what they are doing and how to get there. However they lack certain business knowledge within some IT teams and believe that adopting Agile technology will help them understand how to design robust business systems. Design decisions have been made based on little business knowledge. This may well backfire at some stage. I do hope not.
Pros
Progressive and supportive
Cons
Belief that Agile can deliver well designed mission critical systems
My experience is from the 12 week project for the UK Ventilator Challenge so i do not have a full understanding of the workings for the actual Ford engine plant. The atmosphere whilst working for this project was of trying our best in such a short time to achieve the impossible. But we did it , 12000 units in 12 weeks.
Pros
Decent rate of pay
Cons
No canteen facilities due to Covid.
Ford are a great employer that will be sorely missed in the local economy once the factory closes having provided well paid employment for many years.
Ford know where they are going and they know the kind of people who can help them get there. They are a caring respectful company who take care of their people. There is a very positive 'can do' culture there and it shows in the results achieved by the employees
Pros
Positive forward thinking culture
Cons
Global solutions are not always best
Lots of stress, constant pressure, no meritocracy, most of the Managment staff are just incompetent with no skill. They micromanage all your work, HR doesn’t exist, no significant benefits. Toxic environment! Simply the worst!
Pros
Cons
Stress
I worked at Ford for 2 years and found all the staff friendly amd helpful. Management were always fair and inclusive. I had a good work life balance. Contract ended early due to Covid-19. I would return as it has a great work ethic and culture.
Pros
Friendly, Busy work environment
Cons
Contract worker not included in some aspects.
It was a really good experience I recommend others to try this You can learn a lot from this job. As a matter of fact, i learnt a lot about the different types of engineering.
An absolute pleasure to work at ford motor company ltd at Wembley and Wembley from 1991 to 1998. The discount for family was excellent. The staff were good to work with.
Pros
Good work and life balance.
Cons
Difficult to get promoted.
I was employed for nearly ten years and although shifts were tiring, it was a well paid and rewarding job. The work provided my family with a good pay and security enjoying a good lifestyle. It was a shock to everyone that the plant was to close but staff achieved much experience in order to find further employment.
Pros
Pay, team work
Cons
Shifts
It was a great opportunity to be part of the team Ford UK in couple of the big Projects during my time working there. It helps me to developing my career and make good friends from Ford UK and worldwide.
  1. Employee reviews